PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen National Poll: 43% Say Marijuana Should Be Legalized, 42% Disagree

MRoCkEd
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2010/43_say_marijuana_should_be_legalized_42_disagree

low preference guy
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
What was the result of the last poll? Is this an important new development or is it business as usual?

coastie
07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Eh, we need to focus on the fact the .gov should have NEVER been involved with this in the first place...

Whether or not "they" should "legalize it", is irrelevant. "They" didn't have the power to do this to begin with.

Sorry, I just hate the "legalize it" movement, because all their doing in the end is conceding that the .gov controls you....

KurtBoyer25L
07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah man, but what are we supposed to do, never repeal a senseless, unlawful prohibition, as a means of protesting the fact that the prohibition was enacted? I suppose you would say we shouldn't bring our troops home because the President ordering them home would recognize his tyrannical authority over the people fighting! There comes a time for common sense.

dannno
07-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I just hate the "legalize it" movement, because all their doing in the end is conceding that the .gov controls you....

You obviously don't know anybody who has had their freedom taken away for it. If you did, you'd favor legalization over what we have now, which is complete tyranny.

Humanae Libertas
07-26-2010, 05:30 PM
42% are statist, and dead wrong.

It's sad that even after 30 years of a failed war on drugs, people still buy into the big government lies.

ChaosControl
07-26-2010, 05:39 PM
42% of people still think the government owns us?

james1906
07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
43% of Americans want to fund terrorists and hate children. Shame on you!

bkreigh
07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
I got into a debate about this work today with 3 other people. Another guy and me are all for legalizing all of them which was a big surprise to me. One guy just kind of sat on the sideline but i think he was leaning towards us. And another guy was all for keeping everything illegal but would think about making pot legal.

During that time i was call communist for wanting it legal by the guy that is all for the drug war. I blew up after that.

BlackTerrel
07-26-2010, 07:17 PM
This is going to be one of those laws that people look back on 50 years from now and say "seriously - you're saying in 2010 people could be arrested for smoking marijuana - really?"

It will sound as absurd as prohibition or separate white/black water fountains sound to us.

low preference guy
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
This is going to be one of those laws that people look back on 50 years from now and say "seriously - you're saying in 2010 people could be arrested for smoking marijuana - really?"

It will sound as absurd as prohibition or separate white/black water fountains sound to us.

you mean separate white/black water fountains enforced by government, right? because private separations by a few racist loons is not as ridiculous as a massive nationwide, state run war on drugs.

Rael
07-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Eh, we need to focus on the fact the .gov should have NEVER been involved with this in the first place...

Whether or not "they" should "legalize it", is irrelevant. "They" didn't have the power to do this to begin with.

Semantics really. De facto, marijuana is illegal.

As Harry Brown said, "Never stick your foot out and trip someone who is trying to head in the same direction a different way."

coastie
07-26-2010, 09:31 PM
You obviously don't know anybody who has had their freedom taken away for it. If you did, you'd favor legalization over what we have now, which is complete tyranny.

And you obviously lack any form of reading comprehension. Read what I said again. And no, I dont believe that the government should "regualte" and tax it-which is exactly what the "legalize" movement is about. I sadi quite clearly that the gov has no buisiness in it, and alluded to the fact that the laws should be repealed. PERIOD.

BTW-I know NUMEROUS people that have had there freedom taken/lives destroyed from it. I live in Florida, a state where a SEED will get you arested/jail AND 3 yrs probabtion. Over 20 grams here is a felony. And I dont know anyone whose life has been ruined?...please, get fucking real.

I'm sure in caliland where the "weed is the best" (you're almost daily, unfounded and UNPROVABLE assertion in every thread about it:rolleyes:) it's like this, right?

Your ignorance is astounding, thanks for the attack...:rolleyes:

Kregisen
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
It will be legalized in Cali this year, and many states will follow in 2012.

Within a decade I'm willing to wager the majority of states will have it completely legalized.

Like BlackTerrel said, this is one of those laws that children 50 years from now will say "WTF really?" to.

speciallyblend
07-26-2010, 11:41 PM
42% believe the earth is flat to!! the anti-folks are perfect examples of brainwashing!!!

speciallyblend
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
It will be legalized in Cali this year, and many states will follow in 2012.

Within a decade I'm willing to wager the majority of states will have it completely legalized.

Like BlackTerrel said, this is one of those laws that children 50 years from now will say "WTF really?" to.

will be on 2012 colorado ballot statewide and many towns in colorado 2010;) i am saying WTF NOW screw 50 yrs now, we are already 75 yrs late;)

speciallyblend
07-26-2010, 11:44 PM
wow coastie? everything you mentioned in florida would basically be a 100 dollar fine in Colorado!! craziness

Bman
07-27-2010, 12:05 AM
wow coastie? everything you mentioned in florida would basically be a 100 dollar fine in Colorado!! craziness

If they legalize. I may have to start taking skiing vacations in Colorado.

libertybrewcity
07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
legislation pending in Arkansas, Ohio, Wisconsin, and probably other states. Medical marijuana is on the ballot in South Dakota, Arizona, legalization in California, and expanded medical legalization in Oregon.

Right now 14 states and DC have medical marijuana, and many states have it decriminalized. I say by 2020 a majority of states will have medical marijuana legalized and decriminalized. I don't see any progress on the federal level unfortunately. I see this being the path of states rights.

ninepointfive
07-27-2010, 05:55 AM

+1

t0rnado
07-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Ron Paul introduces a marijuana legalization bill every year. We could try to do what we did with HR1207 and encourage congressmen to cosponsor his bill. Even statists like Barney Frank cosponsor Ron Paul's marijuana bills.

speciallyblend
07-27-2010, 06:10 AM
+1

what the marijuana movement should do is purchase millions upon millions of seeds and fly them over every state and drop them everywhere;) let it grow;) as eric clapton says;)

i would like to see more decrim of marijuana but to be honest i careless if they legalize anymore!! every regulation they put on marijuana ensures that the weedleggers(long live the weedlegger) live on!! sad day when illegal marijuana is cheaper then legal marijuana!
decrim marijuana and if you get popped for possession then pay the 100 dollar fine,since if you did get popped for marijuana possession then my next question is what else did you do?? No one in colorado solely gets a ticket for marijuana possession= (100 dollar ticket) cheaper then a speeding ticket;) in my eyes marijuana has been legal in colorado for over 15 plus yrs or more already;)

END REEFER MADNESS PT 2, END MARIJUANA PROHIBITION. WE HAVE A NEW WAR started by the People= WAR ON TAXES!!!!!!!

Stary Hickory
07-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Progress is progress. I have been in quite a few arguments with people over this. The government does not have the constitutional authority to ban anything. And logically alcohol is more dangerous.

The folks against marijuana will lose this argument in the end.

fedup100
07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
It didn't seem to matter when 98% of the public didn't want Obammycare!

Make all the crap legal just like it use to be. Voila, no more war on drugs, Mexican cartels and it would clean out 1/2 the prisons.

This game has enriched the elites for far to long and caused the untold hundred of thousands if not millions in deaths. It's time!

coastie
07-27-2010, 02:44 PM

:( Yeah, I know...from personal experience(I wasn't fined, but threatened with it:rolleyes:...ooooooooo, scary:)) while visiting my mom years ago.

Remember Ken Gorman (sp)? Dude that was running for governor and would hold a pot rally on the state capitol steps every last Sat of ever month? I was there numerous times...

I'll never forget the feeling the first time coming over the last hill on Colfax and seeing there, on capitol property, about 20,000 of my people exercising mass civil disobedience and the cops not doing anything about it.

But yeah, this state will be the LAST state to adopt anything remotely approaching that, along with AL, MS, and GA.:mad::mad::mad:

libertybrewcity
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
:( Yeah, I know...from personal experience(I wasn't fined, but threatened with it:rolleyes:...ooooooooo, scary:)) while visiting my mom years ago.

Remember Ken Gorman (sp)? Dude that was running for governor and would hold a pot rally on the state capitol steps every last Sat of ever month? I was there numerous times...

I'll never forget the feeling the first time coming over the last hill on Colfax and seeing there, on capitol property, about 20,000 of my people exercising mass civil disobedience and the cops not doing anything about it.

But yeah, this state will be the LAST state to adopt anything remotely approaching that, along with AL, MS, and GA.:mad::mad::mad:

check this out, i bet it's similar to your experience.
YouTube - 420/2009 Hippie Hill Huge Blunt-(Snips Delicious) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8qOdty4NKo)

Galileo Galilei
07-27-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2010/43_say_marijuana_should_be_legalized_42_disagree

It should be common sense that if people are split 50-50 on an issue, you could never get a conviction from a random 12-person jury. The odds would be about 4000 to 1.

low preference guy
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
It should be common sense that if people are split 50-50 on an issue, you could never get a conviction from a random 12-person jury. The odds would be about 4000 to 1.
Could you shows the process through which you got your odds, step by step?

Galileo Galilei
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Could you shows the process through which you got your odds, step by step?

take the inverse of 2 to the 12th power, which equals 1/4096. This assumes a person who thinks marijuana should be legal would not vote guilty.

speciallyblend
07-28-2010, 06:13 AM
1 more hr. i will have my morning safety break:) Marijuana will be legal in Colorado and Cali very soon. pretty much legal already unless your a teenager trying to puff a joint behind the 7-11!!! Marijuana is no concern to me in colorado! the problem is the flat-earthers aka brainwashed anti-marijuana folks!! most flat-earthers are the right-wingers(so-called christians), i just wish god would let them know the earth is round and end marijuana prohibition!!

silentshout
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM
42 percent are brainwashed fools who are wrong.