PDA

View Full Version : In-depth numbers, your thoughts?

ronpaulyourmom
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Rudy
16,649,825: cash on hand
- 169,255: debt
- 1,366,236: untouchable general election funds
-----------------------------------
15,114,334 cash available
vs.
13,300,649 expenditures in Q3
vs.
10,258,019 contributions raised in Q3 (primary)
Conclusion: Guy spends money like water and hasn't aired a single TV ad. He wont have as much available to advertise as we all thought, but he'll still have a good amount if his fundraising keeps pace. He did spend more than he raised in Q3 though.

Thompson
7,121,744: cash on hand
- 678,432: debt
- 0: untouchable general election funds
6,443,312 cash available
vs.
5,706,366 expenditures in Q3
vs.
8,670,774 contributions raised in Q3
Conclusion: Fundraising isn't too bad, but it remains to be seen if he can keep it up now that his max donors are long gone.

Huckabee
651,300: cash on hand
- 47,810: debt
- 522.00: untouchable general election funds
602,968 cash available
vs.
819,376 expenditures in Q3
vs.
1,034,486 contributions raised in Q3

Conclusion: Mike's in big trouble, Iowa is everything for him, and it doesn't look like he'll get to advertise all that much. Once people realize that he doesn't have steam, they'll migrate to other candidates like Thompson who have a chance to win. He only raised about 23k over the weekend, which means he hasn't increased his pace all that much, if at all.

Romney
boatloads of cash available
He released his numbers but... does it really matter. The guy is bankrolling himself and will continue to do so. The real question is whether or not all this advertising is going to work for him nationally.

Brownback
94,653: cash on hand
- 0: debt
- 0: untouchable general election funds
94,653 cash available
vs.
1,278,856 expenditures in Q3
vs.
925,745 contributions raised in Q3
Conclusion: Brownback is done for. Ironically he raised almost as much as Huckabee in the quarter, but he spent way more too and his poll numbers are going nowhere. I would imagine most of the collections and expenditures were in June...

Bradley in DC
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Conclusion: Guy spends money like water and hasn't aired a single TV or Radio ad. He wont have as much available to advertise as we all thought, but he'll still have a good amount if his fundraising keeps pace. He did spend more than he raised in Q3 though.

Rudy has aired 624 ads second only to Romney (next in line is Paul) (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/10/15/romney-leads-ad-pack-clinton-keeps-buzz-going/)

ronpaulyourmom
10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Conclusion: Guy spends money like water and hasn't aired a single TV or Radio ad. He wont have as much available to advertise as we all thought, but he'll still have a good amount if his fundraising keeps pace. He did spend more than he raised in Q3 though.

Rudy has aired 624 ads second only to Romney (next in line is Paul) (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/10/15/romney-leads-ad-pack-clinton-keeps-buzz-going/)

Ah, sorry, he hasn't run any TV ads yet, it was all radio/print. I'll edit my original post.

Johnnybags
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
so I look at it like we are on Par with Rudy, we know a Rudy type campaign is wasteful. Imagine when the full page founding fathers ad hits in the NH paper. I think you guys raised about 7k for it, it would cost Rudy 35 grand to design it(consultants) and raise the funds for it. You guys did it with a chipin meter and rabid enthusiaism and hard work. Priceless to a campaign, Rudy pays for everything like all the top tier.

tfelice
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
"Paul had at least 10 mil in grass roots"

At least. Not to mention all the man hours as well. I saw someone scratching their head about that over on a neo-con site. Something about all the signs that were out (must have been a paint the town day). The poster suspected that someone was bankrolling the Paul campaign, but was corrected when another posted that these are all volunteers using their own time & money.

Johnnybags
10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
"Paul had at least 10 mil in grass roots"

At least. Not to mention all the man hours as well. I saw someone scratching their head about that over on a neo-con site. Something about all the signs that were out (must have been a paint the town day). The poster suspected that someone was bankrolling the Paul campaign, but was corrected when another posted that these are all volunteers using their own time & money.

or in mild shock. There may be a few but who in this Republican side is gonna waste time making a Rudy sign? Chipping in for an ad? Making an ad the pros cannot compete with? Heck, if there was a negative article on CNN on any of the front runners there would be 2 comments. Maybe we are just ahead of the curve type people. I am banking on it that the majority of late interest will come to us.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
The work his supporters do is greater than any bank's supply, especially if it keeps up.

davidkachel
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
... but who in this Republican side is gonna waste time making a Rudy sign?

I'll be happy to make dozens of Rudy signs! He might not be too crazy about what they say, but I'll make 'em!

steph3n
10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Satan4Rudy? :D

Rudy
______
the corruptable

Rudy
______
to nuke iran

RUDY
________
DESPAIR AND DESTRUCTION

Bradley in DC
10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
John Cox is a million in debt to himself....:rolleyes:

Keith
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
The big question is which is more effective between Ron Paul's army of committed volunteers or the free air time that the media darling candidates get. I think we are more credible and influential than the free airtime is.

Cowlesy
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
John Cox is a million in debt to himself....:rolleyes:

It amazes me how enormous an ego someone must have to literally throw away $1.0 million whether or not he can afford it (I'm sure he can).