PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron challenge Arnold's veto??

Brendan Wenzel
10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
October 11, 2007--Despite support for AB 684 from 71% of California voters, Gov. Schwarzenegger vetoed the California Industrial Hemp Farming Act. Go ahead and let the governor know what you think.

Please call his office or personalize and send the letter below.

Gov. Schwarzenegger: 916-445-2841

This could be a perfect way to bring this subject to the whole country. If Ron Paul could use his superior knowledge to speak in favor of Farming Acts, such as these, he could really get a ton of support from it. I understand that the war is a horrible catastrophe, however, Dr. Paul needs to start bringing up these other issues if he really plans to make a real run at it. Many people hear and love his message, but if we can get some different interests on our side it would be worth it's weight in gold. Votehemp.com could be a valuable resource to a campaign, as we all know that free publicity is always good. Well that's my opinion and I would love to know what you all think about this.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't know, it's a very divisive issue, most Americans want to enforce their principles on others in this regard instead of personal responsibility.

Brendan Wenzel
10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah, but it isn't marijuana and people would understand that if someone with a national microphone would stand up and say it. This could be a great opportunity to be that voice and to open Americans eyes to the complete control of the US government. This single plant could help out so many struggling farmers who just can't seem to make it. And I bet the bankers love taking 100's of acres at a time.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah, but it isn't marijuana and people would understand that if someone with a national microphone would stand up and say it. This could be a great opportunity to be that voice and to open Americans eyes to the complete control of the US government. This single plant could help out so many struggling farmers who just can't seem to make it. And I bet the bankers love taking 100's of acres at a time.

Thats the problem, people will only hear the words "hemp" and "farming". But yeah, let Ron do whatever he wants, he seems to know what he is doing. ;)

Nash
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Ron Paul has no business telling California what to do. This is a state issue.

Arnold is completely wrong on this but that's not relevant in terms of Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Even if RP was elected this law would still stand and Arnold could veto this bill if so chose to.

reaver
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Ron Paul has no business telling California what to do. This is a state issue.

Arnold is completely wrong on this but that's not relevant in terms of Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Even if RP was elected this law would still stand and Arnold could veto this bill if so chose to.

Exactly. We'll worry about this next year.

Blowback
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Maybe it is because I am a part of the younger generation and I live in the Pacific NW but I honestly have no freaking clue how ANYONE could see hemp or even marijuana as really bad and dangerous.

Anyone who does is completely clueless.

I graduated summa cum laude.. have a great job with a big-four accounting firm.. I got exceptional performer both my first two years... smoked a ton in college and every once in a while after...

Even my mom, a doctor, has no issues with it.
I mean seriously...

quickmike
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Maybe it is because I am a part of the younger generation and I live in the Pacific NW but I honestly have no freaking clue how ANYONE could see hemp or even marijuana as really bad and dangerous.

Anyone who does is completely clueless.

I graduated summa cum laude.. have a great job with a big-four accounting firm.. I got exceptional performer both my first two years... smoked a ton in college and every once in a while after...

Even my mom, a doctor, has no issues with it.
I mean seriously...

well obviously you havent watched the movie Reefer Madness made back in the 1940's or something, where people would inhale and immediately afterwards go on an insane rampage and start hacking up their family members and burglarize stores.

Its all true stuff, I mean it was a movie........... how could you not believe what they say?;)

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
well obviously you havent watched the movie Reefer Madness made back in the 1940's or something, where people would inhale and immediately afterwards go on an insane rampage and start hacking up their family members and burglarize stores.

Its all true stuff, I mean it was a movie........... how could you not believe what they say?;)

And jump out of windows. Makes you play the piano really fast too!

quickmike
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
And jump out of windows. Makes you play the piano really fast too!

Yeah, Ive done things like that in the past............... ON WEEEEED!!!!!

That reefer madness will getcha!

runderwo
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I attended the national NORML conference this weekend.

Youtube of the speakers, panels and workshops is coming soon, a first.

Believe me, stodgy old groups like NORML are seeing the fire in the Ron Paul campaign and changing their models accordingly to turn apathetic young people into local activists.

This is just one way the Paul campaign is going to turn modern politics on its head.

In my view, the synergy between groups who hold liberty as the highest prize is at an all time high.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Well... I got the idea you smoked, and it never bothered me. Of course I'm aware of the world I live in... when I'm not stoned.

Corydoras
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Ron Paul could do with an influential friend like Ahnult.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Injecting yourself with mega steroids is perfectly safe. What a hypocrite!

Brendan Wenzel
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
I was not saying that Dr. Paul should tell California what to do, but he should use this already known veto to spread the message of the drug war and it's over reaching powers. Because even if it was passed the DEA would still say no. This would be an issue that the President would have power over.