PDA

View Full Version : What's Ron Paul's name recognition?

hard@work
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Higher than you think, he's everywhere.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2366731327&sid=1

kylejack
10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
30%.

risiusj
10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
The name recognition has gone way up, but the understanding still isn't there.
It seems like people don't like to learn on their own anymore.

When I get asked about Dr. Paul it usually starts out with, "Who is Ron Paul? I've seen his signs all over."

Alabama Supporter
10-15-2007, 04:44 PM
10%. Go to the mall, ask 10 random people if they know his name. Lucky if 1 says yes.

paulitics
10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
probably 10% know he is a republican running for president. Maybe slightly more have heard the name but still don't know who he is.

But maybe only 30% know who Mitt Romney and John Edwards are and 1/2 of Americans think 911 was the cause of saddam hussein and even less can point to Iraq on a map.

tekkierich
10-15-2007, 04:59 PM
The guy that gave me the bird during our sign waving this week recognized his name!

FreedomLover
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Low. Nationally, among registered voters, I'd guess around 15%

A recent Iowa poll had about 70+ percent of likely caucus goers who didn't know him well enough to have an opinion about him.

These are likely caucus goers, the people who are supposed to be in tune with politics and follow the presidential race closely.

quickmike
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
10%. Go to the mall, ask 10 random people if they know his name. Lucky if 1 says yes.

Thats about what Ive seen around here when I go door to door on weekends. Actually, more like 2 I would say. But then again, this is Obama country BIGTIME. I see nothing but Obama bumper stickers around here and besides mine, have only seen about 3 Ron Paul bumper stickers from the beginning of summer up until now.

We shouldnt overestimate his name recognition. That would be a big mistake.

CoreyBowen999
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Thats about what Ive seen around here when I go door to door on weekends. Actually, more like 2 I would say. But then again, this is Obama country BIGTIME. I see nothing but Obama bumper stickers around here and besides mine, have only seen about 3 Ron Paul bumper stickers from the beginning of summer up until now.

Ive never seen a ron paul sign, sticker, or anything in North Houston.

LibertyEagle
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Ive never seen a ron paul sign, sticker, or anything in North Houston.

Well then, you have your work cut out for you, Corey. Get busy, man. :D

LukeNM
10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I have not seen a sign, sticker or banner here in Albuquerque either, except for on the back of my truck...

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
In the next little bit I will be pushing a piece on here called "Marketing Ron Paul 101" look for it.

Valene
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
My dryer broke so I had to visit the laundromat. I took a poll and of the 12 that were there none of them knew about Dr. Paul. They do now!

Maybe we need to get the word out to people that don't have washers and dryers, LOL

Keith
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I honestly had a friend who saw me in the Ron Paul float at the home coming parade last week ask me the other day what Ron Paul is running for. I said for president. He said that he saw that on our signs, but president of what? I said the United States. He said, "Ohhhh!" and laughed apparently at himself for not knowing.

CoreyBowen999
10-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Well then, you have your work cut out for you, Corey. Get busy, man. :D

I try the best I can with what I can. Words are all I can do.

nullvalu
10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
I think it's going up.. Today, a friend at work said his father is ready to vote for Ron Paul TODAY and there's like a half-dozen utlra-liberals in his family who are also going to be holding their noses to vote republican this year.. WORD *IS* SPREADING.. KEEP PUSHING..

jm1776
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I live in a small regional tourist town. We had a folk festival parade last Saturday.

Four of us met downtown to hand out flyers. We just get there with RP shirts and are greeting each other when this lady passes by and just grabs a flyer from one of us!

I look at her and ask, "do you know about Ron Paul"? She says, "no but I see signs everywhere and I gotta know!"

Another guy takes a flyer and comes back all exited about getting rid of the IRS and asks in all sincerity, "can he win?" I gave him the pro-war split angle and the amount of support. New RP fans are easy to find!

manny
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM

There's another thread at moment - "the signs definitely work! (update on our booth from this weekend)" - which makes for positive reading on the subject, especially in terms of spreading to those who hadn't heard his name.

And quickmike I've noticed a few posts of yours talking about going door-to-door. You're to be praised very highly for making such an effort. I'm English and believe in much of RP's platform (intellectually lonely out here!) - well for getting people turned around there is, I've found, nothing like human contact. Whether at a booth or door-to-door is wonderful. In England we're part of the EU - our equivalent of the NAU (as a taste of what might come to America one day, in England now it is tchnically possible to go to jail for 6months for selling fruit by the pound instead of "kilogramme"[a metric unit equivalent to 2.2lbs] - I'm not kidding; never went through parliament, they just don't care) - and all the media, all the political parties, the establishment all are determined we stay in. Well I've found by talking to people I can wake many up to wanting to leave. I always think "if only I was doing it with thousands of others"... well that's the situation you guys are all in... so keep talking to people and putting up the signs. Really inspiring to read your stories!

manny
10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I live in a small regional tourist town. We had a folk festival parade last Saturday.

Four of us met downtown to hand out flyers. We just get there with RP shirts and are greeting each other when this lady passes by and just grabs a flyer from one of us!

I look at her and ask, "do you know about Ron Paul"? She says, "no but I see signs everywhere and I gotta know!"

Another guy takes a flyer and comes back all exited about getting rid of the IRS and asks in all sincerity, "can he win?" I gave him the pro-war split angle and the amount of support. New RP fans are easy to find!

Precisely! Well done!! :)

Delivered4000
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
probably 10 to 15

Nathan Hale
10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Higher than you think, he's everywhere.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2366731327&sid=1

This is still the internet, where we are all aware of Paul's greatness. I'm waiting for him to have higher name recognition in real life.

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
SEE THIS THREAD:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25536