PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Unhinged

AuH20
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I consider him a quasi-ally, but with comments like this, even I am starting to reconsider my stance.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/07/24/grayson-promises-netroots-a-ne

WTF?

"Let me tell you what every election is about," he explained. "Every election is about 309 million Americans asking the question: ‘What are you going to do for me?' And that's fair. That's what democracy all about."

Uh.... the NEW new deal? Frightening!:

"We promise people a workplace where they won't have to face discrimination, unless, of course, the EEOC is being run by people like Clarence Thomas," he said.

In closing his speech, he announced that, "What we're promising people is a new New Deal."

AuH20
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Move this to the general please.

sailingaway
07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
I consider him a stooge. When his words would have meant something, when Sanders was selling out and progressives were deciding whether to pick up arms, he supported the Sanders sell out of the federal reserve audit. When the patriot act came up, he voted for it. I DID consider him an ally but no principled progressive would have done either, much less both. I think he is 'for show', not 'for real'.

GunnyFreedom
07-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I've never considered him an ally. Audit The Fed was just populist cred to him. He's a polemic bombast, and he has no place in civilized discourse.

james1906
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry Grayson, the people are now asking "What is the government going to do TO me?"

cooker263
07-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry Grayson, the people are now asking "What is the government going to do TO me?"

Exactly - even my liberal friends are like "what the hell is going on?" People are starting to realize the government isn't the slightest bit efficient and benevolent. What Grayson calls for is an us vs. them society, which we all know about. It's too bad - the guy is clearly a smart man and understands the Fed and the disastrous wars, isn't the problem of a welfare state evident to a man with that insight?

Then again, guys like Dylan Ratigan and many others are kind of in the same mold - heavy ally on one side, but completely on the opposite side of other things.

Out of all people, I would love to have a one-on-one conversation with Grayson. The problems of a welfare society aren't that difficult to articulate.

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Out of all people, I would love to have a one-on-one conversation with Grayson. The problems of a welfare society aren't that difficult to articulate.

to a proud thug?

ctiger2
07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
The only think I like about Grayson is his drilling of the Fed. Other than that, he's a douche with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Cowlesy
07-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I think Grayson is right in his statement about democracy.

dannno
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
The only think I like about Grayson is his drilling of the Fed. Other than that, he's a douche with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Not true, he's also really anti-war, remember "The War is Making You Poor Act"

sailingaway
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Not true, he's also really anti-war, remember "The War is Making You Poor Act"

"Really" anti war? Or anti war up to the point where Obama makes it worth his while to drop that bill, too?

Vessol
07-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I think Grayson is right in his statement about democracy.

http://www.fishingrodprices.com/images/trolling.jpg

Stary Hickory
07-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Grayson is a pile of krap. The ONLY thing he is good on is the FED, and I guess the wars. However it did not stop him from PROMOTING BIG TIME the HC Bill and other tyrannical acts.

I hope he is defeated majorly. That is one less obstacle to ensuring I am free to care for my body in a manner I see fit. He stands in the way of me and my liberty. He has to go.

silus
07-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Considering how few allies there are on the Fed issue, i'm guessing that there are bigger fish to fry in Congress.

Stary Hickory
07-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Considering how few allies there are on the Fed issue, i'm guessing that there are bigger fish to fry in Congress.

No not really, the GOP all voted for the audit the fed bill. Grayson is one of the most hardcore statist clowns in DC. He needs to go, I am not kidding I will be rid of this HC bill and all the other goodies this moron has cooked up. If he were moderate on other issues and against the FED then fine.

However another GOP in Graysons place is perfectly fine. They are better against the FED then Dems anyways. By 2012 I want HC repealed.

Bman
07-24-2010, 11:27 PM

I think if Grayson would start saying except Ron Paul every time he said Republican he'd get far more love around here.

krazy kaju
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I've never considered him an ally. Audit The Fed was just populist cred to him. He's a polemic bombast, and he has no place in civilized discourse.

^ This.

Stary Hickory
07-24-2010, 11:33 PM
I think if Grayson would start saying except Ron Paul every time he said Republican he'd get far more love around here.

Why should he get any love? He is part of the reason I am so politically active, to get rid of people just like him. My mission in life right now is to rid myself and those I love of people like that. His support for the HC bill alone will KILL many people and cause misery and more poverty.

This does not even touch on other basic issues. The man is not "misguided" he is totally hellbent on running every aspect of our lives. If I see a politician who has some hope, who has a few issues they are not so great on, or who fundamentally believe in freedom and human rights for EVERY individual...if they have this ideology but its imperfect in some areas I can forgive some and work out the rest. But a man like Grayson is everything that is wrong with America.

There are a million ways to improve over Grayson, and I intend to see on get elected in FL. This man must go.

Bman
07-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Why should he get any love?

Not saying he should, just saying he more than likely would.

That being said go for it. That seat has been Republican friendly in the past.