PDA

View Full Version : One Million for Peter Schiff- July 29th

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello all- I wanted to let you know we're getting started with a money bomb for Peter Schiff - to be held on July 29th - with a goal of raising one million.

Some facts on the event:

The money is to be used for a media blitz for the coming primary.

Peter may have the commercial that will be aired ready for us to see on or before the money bomb event. More to come on that soon.

If the event does not raise at least $500K Peter is going to refund all of the donations- so you know you won't be alone in donating and you know if you donate it's going to be a part of a significant amount of funds and so it will have an impact.

Mailing lists on board to promote this even so far...

1.) Ron Paul money bomb lists (Nov5th and Dec 16th - approximately 30K subscribers)
2.) DailyPaul mailing list (approximately 30K)
3.) Peter Schiff donor list (25K donors)
4.) Peter Schiff facebook account- 37,000+ supporters
5.) BTM mailing list (approximately 5K)
6.) Ron Paul mailing lists (I've been told Ron Paul will endorse and promote a Peter Schiff fundraiser but I am not in a position to promise this and do not know this 100%- but it's very possible!)

This means we should have over 135K people (minimum) we can reach for this even...and with your help we can make this happen!

The money bomb site is ready to start taking pledges (still working on the finishing touches, banners, etc.) .. so please visit

http://milliondollarmoneybomb.com/

and pledge now. And please spread the word..

Thank you for your help!

more to come...

Kotin
07-24-2010, 02:56 PM
is there something that covers the fact that this is days away and just now being announced??

cause other than that I am definitely on board 100%

dr. hfn
07-24-2010, 02:58 PM

MRoCkEd
07-24-2010, 02:59 PM
If the event does not raise at least $500K Peter is going to refund all of the donations

Are you sure this is the best idea?

Not gonna fault you for shooting for the stars, here, but the total becomes $0 otherwise?

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 03:00 PM
If the event does not raise at least $500K Peter is going to refund all of the donations

This makes no sense. Many donors wouldn't want their money back anyway, it will be a lot of hassle, and will leave people with the experience that donating to Schiff is a complicated thing to do.

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
is there something that covers the fact that this is days away and just now being announced??

cause other than that I am definitely on board 100%

Yes, it's this Thursday. There are over 130K people we will be contacting about it. I personally thinks it's very doable. More time would have been better but we raised $4 million for Ron Paul in just three weeks. This can be done!

Thanks for being onboard.

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
This makes no sense.

He only wants to spend the money if it's going to have a large impact. If we can't raise enough to make a difference then he doesn't want to spend your money... in fact he will lose money refunding it to you as there are credit card fees.

I don't see how this is any more difficult for a donor. They have the same single step to take.

I think it's very thoughtful on his part.

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
He only wants to spend the money if it's going to have a large impact. If we can't raise enough to make a difference then he doesn't want to spend your money... in fact he will lose money refunding it to you as there are credit card fees.

I don't see how this is any more difficult for a donor. They have the same single step to take.

So if he doesn't raise $500K, he pretty much gives up? If he raises $470k that would not have an impact?

TomtheTinker
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Agreed...

Schiff 2010!

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 03:14 PM
So if he doesn't raise $500K, he pretty much gives up? If he raises $470k that would not have an impact?

You know you're being willfully negative here right? I'm sure if it were that close Peter would get creative- possibly cover the remainder.

Focus on the negative if you like or be positive and make good things happen.

It's up to you!

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 03:23 PM
You know you're being willfully negative here right? I'm sure if it were that close Peter would get creative- possibly cover the remainder.

Focus on the negative if you like or be positive and make good things happen.

It's up to you!

No, I'm not being willfully negative. I just don't think that willfully ignoring potential negative consequences of a strategy that hasn't been tried before is very smart.

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 03:26 PM
No, I'm not being willfully negative. I just don't think that willfully ignoring potential negative consequences of a strategy that hasn't been tried before is very smart.

Well there is where you are wrong. Peter put out this same strategy in his initial fundraising attempt. He set a goal he wanted to reach by a certain date and promised he would refund the money if it wasn't met. The goal obviously was met.

SwordOfShannarah
07-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Facebook event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144967705516013

messana
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Didn't the last moneybomb he raised like 30 thousand?

JackieDan
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Sounds good!

crouthe06
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I get paid the 30th, but count me down for at least $100.

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Count me in. Peter's been really trying to make a come-up lately and it's time to step up the financial portion of the game. Now or never..

Young Paleocon
07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm in for $50.

Kotin
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Woot!! Let's make this happen!!

dannno
07-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Signed up.

JamesButabi
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Im in. Thanks for coordinating some of the biggest and most active liberty mailing lists to assist with this.

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
It's a big risk with that $500,000 refund policy, but I'll trust that Schiff knows what he's doing. Go Peter!

qwerty
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Tell your Friends! :)

WorldonaString
07-25-2010, 11:02 AM
It's a big risk with that $500,000 refund policy, but I'll trust that Schiff knows what he's doing. Go Peter!

I think its a great idea, because knowing its going to have a big impact or I get my money back encourages me to maximize my donation.

itshappening
07-25-2010, 11:34 AM
good to see you back Trevor, you also need to help Rand

Hopefully Schiff can raise a lot of money and NOT return it. That is silly

jscoppe
07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Whoever put up that site has no affiliation with Peter Schiff or his campaign. How would Peter have agreed to do this and make no mention of it anywhere on his nearly daily posts and video blogs?

I believe this is an email collection scam.

I'm the guy that put up schiff-bomb.com and I'm currently working on schiffstorm.com. I was planning on doing an email verification pledge to make phone calls, but now I won't because of people like this. I don't want people thinking I would defraud them. So it's just going to be a promotion site now.

Edit: Looks like I may be wrong about this. I certainly hope I am. The youtube video posted below seems to confirm it is true.

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Whoever put up that site has no affiliation with Peter Schiff or his campaign. How would Peter have agreed to do this and make no mention of it anywhere on his nearly daily posts and video blogs?

I believe this is an email collection scam.

I'm the guy that put up schiff-bomb.com and I'm currently working on schiffstorm.com. I was planning on doing an email verification pledge to make phone calls, but now I won't because of people like this. I don't want people thinking I would defraud them. So it's just going to be a promotion site now.

Trevor Lyman is the guy who organized Ron's record-breaking multimillion dollar money bomb during the 07-08 election cycle. It's definitely not a scam.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 01:15 PM

Listen to the first 16 seconds.

YouTube - **Peter Schiff - Drunk on Government Stimulus** Middletown, CT July 23.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9EDITrFz0&videos=M5QXxdFXCVg)

jscoppe
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
If this is really from Trevor Lyman, than I apologize, but I am just thinking back to that site (not mine, of course) that was 'promoting' the call bomb for last Sunday which was just blatantly collecting email addresses.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm interested but will be withholding my pedge until Peter makes it clear that his campaign has talked with the moneybomb organizers and is comfortable with the $500k or your money back. This just sounds sketchy. 16 seconds of Peter talking about a non-descript moneybomb on a one-sided conversation with an unknown caller isn't what I'd classify as "proof" of campaign backing. It sounds like the details are still very much up in the air.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 04:20 PM
This just sounds sketchy.

I would've guessed that the Trevor Lyman brand had widespread credibility on RPF by this point. Anyway, I'm sure the "proof" you're looking will come in the next few days.

jscoppe
07-25-2010, 05:38 PM
So I was planning on promoting another phone bomb for Saturday, August 7, the Saturday before the primary. I figured we had enough time between now and then to promote it, but now there is a money bomb planned for Thursday. Should I hold off until the next day, Friday?

truthsaga
07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
It's your call, I'm focused on Schiff and getting him elected. We just need the right YouTube vid that gets people going. Maybe, if we all did a small clip of why we support Peter and try to anger people on Linda's confidence that she has already won

G-Wohl
07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Agreed, Peter needs to settle the confusion this money bomb is causing immediately. If this is getting his sanctioning (which is NOT the same as having the money bomb being affiliated with the Schiff campaign) then I'm sure he will have no problem raising the $500,000 necessary - as long as this work week (meaning: in about 12 hours) begins with ads and promotion for this event ALL OVER THE WEB.

I'm no legal expert; what's the issue with the campaign hosting their own money bomb? I've never seen a money bomb that wasn't organized by the Ron Paul grassroots people. Perhaps legit campaign funds & workers could be more effective at raising the capital necessary?

rawraw04
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm in for $100.00

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 08:11 PM
1.) Ron Paul money bomb lists (Nov5th and Dec 16th - approximately 30K subscribers)
2.) DailyPaul mailing list (approximately 30K)
3.) Peter Schiff donor list (25K donors)
4.) Peter Schiff facebook account- 37,000+ supporters
5.) BTM mailing list (approximately 5K)
6.) Ron Paul mailing lists (I've been told Ron Paul will endorse and promote a Peter Schiff fundraiser but I am not in a position to promise this and do not know this 100%- but it's very possible!)

Could an admin add

7. RonPaulForums mailing list

to that?

Daamien
07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I would've guessed that the Trevor Lyman brand had widespread credibility on RPF by this point. Anyway, I'm sure the "proof" you're looking will come in the next few days.

Frankly I don't give a damn about Trevor Lyman. I care about Peter and whether or not the $500k condition is real, which can't currently be verified. It's a legitimate concern, I don't want a bait and switch.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Frankly I don't give a damn about Trevor Lyman.

Linda McMahon says thanks for being an ass to people who are spending dozens of hours to help Peter's campaign!

Daamien
07-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Linda McMahon says thanks for being an ass to people who are spending dozens of hours to help Peter's campaign!

Be mindful of who you're picking a fight with. I've given quite a lot of my personal time and money to Peter's candidacy and intend to continue to. Don't dismiss legitimate concerns just because Trevor Lyman is involved. I never said his "brand" lacked credibility. This is about Peter, not Tervor.

I'm more than happy to help promote the moneybomb once the $500k or return component is clarified by the campaign, which would be handling the returns. Otherwise, I'd advise promoting the moneybomb without mentioning that component.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Be mindful of who you're picking a fight with.

with someone who is an ass to supporters?

also, i'm not picking any fights. just pointing out that being an ass to supporters who spend dozens of hours to help Schiff isn't helpful.

Don't dismiss legitimate concerns just because Trevor Lyman is involved.

I don't dismiss concerns.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 10:24 PM
with someone who is an ass to supporters?

You're being a tad hypocritical now. Am I not a supporter? Are you not being hostile to me?

also, i'm not picking any fights. just pointing out that being an ass to supporters who spend dozens of hours to help Schiff isn't helpful.

I don't dismiss concerns.

I said I was withholding a pledge until the $500k or return component was clarified by Peter and/or the campaign, voicing a legitimate concern. What does withholding my pledge have to do with you or Trevor Lyman? Nothing. You purposely picked a fight with me. Do you think that's helpful?

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I said I was withholding a pledge until the $500k or return component was clarified by Peter and/or the campaign, voicing a legitimate concern. What does withholding my pledge have to do with you or Trevor Lyman? Nothing. You purposely picked a fight with me. Do you think that's helpful?

I didn't mean to pick a fight. I just wanted to point out that being an ass to people who help Schiff isn't positive. By being an ass, I mean this:

You should say nice things about people who are helping Schiff. If you can't do that, at least stop being an ass.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
I didn't mean to pick a fight. I just wanted to point out that being an ass to people who help Schiff isn't positive. By being an ass, I mean this:

You should say nice things about people who are helping Schiff. If you can't do that, at least stop being an ass.

I said that I was withholding my pledge and was concerned about whether the $500k or return component was true. You inferred that I believe Trevor Lyman lacked credibility and snidely dismissed my concern for proof regarding the $500k or return provision:

Trevor Lyman has nothing to do with me withholding my pledge. Therefore, I stand by my statement that don't give a damn about Trevor Lyman here, you brought him up. I do give a damn about the legitimate concern of a key feature of the moneybomb being verified by Peter and/or the campaign, seeing how they would be handling the potential returns.

Perhaps I should state that I really look forward to helping Trevor in his efforts once this is verified. He has done great work in the past.

Continue to paint me as someone who is an "ass to supporters" and is helping Linda McMahon. It's working so well for you, the ad hominem attacks on fellow supporters that is.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm not questioning any of those statements you just posted. I only said that making the statement below is equivalent to being an ass to someone working dozens of hours to help Schiff.

This is independent of any other statement you made.

Also, I didn't bring Trevor Lyman up. You did by calling his efforts "sketchy" and that you just don't give a damn about him. Even if it's true, it's a pretty rude statement to make towards' a supporter. I don't think I will hear Peter Schiff saying he "doesn't give a damn" about the caller that made 1000 calls in a week for him.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not questioning any of those statements you just posted. I only said that making the statement bellow is equivalent to being an ass to someone working dozens of hours to help Schiff.

This is independent of any other statement you made.

You brought him up when dismissing my concern for proof was regarding the $500k or return component. He has nothing to do with that concern. Therefore, I was saying I don't give a damn about him, I give a damn about the concern. It's not independent. If you want to quote me, quote the entire part:

Frankly I don't give a damn about Trevor Lyman. I care about Peter and whether or not the $500k condition is real, which can't currently be verified. It's a legitimate concern, I don't want a bait and switch.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
You brought him up when dismissing my concern for proof was regarding the $500k or return component. He has nothing to do with that concern. Therefore, I was saying I don't give a damn about him, I give a damn about the concern. It's not independent. If you want to quote me, quote the entire part:

I still think it was uncalled for and rude. I don't think I will hear Peter Schiff saying he "doesn't give a damn" about the caller that made 1000 calls in a week for him.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Also, I didn't bring Trevor Lyman up. You did by calling his efforts "sketchy" and that you just don't give a damn about him. Even if it's true, it's a pretty rude statement to make towards' a supporter. I don't think I will hear Peter Schiff saying he "doesn't give a damn" about the caller that made 1000 calls in a week for him.

I said it sounds sketchy because it lacks proof that Peter and/or the campaign has approved it. It has nothing to do with Trevor Lyman. Bringing his name up over and over doesn't placate my concern.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I still think it was uncalled for and rude. I don't think I will hear Peter Schiff saying he "doesn't give a damn" about the caller that made 1000 calls in a week for him.

I never said I didn't appreciate what he had done or that I don't want to work with him. I said I don't give a damn about him in the context of seeking proof for the $500k or return component of the moneybomb. That needs to come from the campaign.

If anyone was offended by my comment, then I apologize and hope they can appreciate the context in which it was said regarding my concerns when they were challenged. I would never mean to discourage fellow supporters.

I'm clearly not the only one in this thread who has expressed concerns and you seem to quickly jump on people voicing them rather than just letting Peter and/or the campaign address them. Arguing with me doesn't help.

low preference guy
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm clearly not the only one in this thread who has expressed concerns and you seem to quickly jump on people voicing them rather than just letting Peter and/or the campaign address them. Arguing with me doesn't help.

I also expressed concerns, and I wasn't "jumping at you". I just stated a belief, which wasn't meant as a criticism to you.

Daamien
07-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok then let's just put this behind us and focus on the moneybomb. I hope it is successful and Peter mentions it in his next blog.

SwordOfShannarah
07-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Almost 100 pledges now. More emails are being sent out tomorrow, etc. Every day till the event.

Krtek
07-26-2010, 03:19 PM
YouTube - Million Dollar Money Bomb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-9dXf4lyw)

Peter did a blog about the money bomb today and also mentioned that everyone gets their money back if he does not raise atleast 500k.

jscoppe
07-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Finally, we have confirmation from the Schiff himself. Sorry to be weary, but I just don't trust random web sites that ask for an email address.

I've got $200 ready to go for Thursday.

low preference guy
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Finally, we have confirmation from the Schiff himself. Sorry to be weary, but I just don't trust random web sites that ask for an email address.

Yep, finally! One day after the rumors started. It took such a long time!

Krtek
07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
im in for $25, it is all I can spare right now, brings my total donated to Schiff to $100

qwerty
07-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Bump!

qwerty
07-28-2010, 08:09 AM
PLEASE,

spend this day on promoting the moneybomb!!! :)

ch164708
07-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I just went ahead and donated today, I don't want my money back.

As a college kid in Ohio, I am struggling check to check- but I hope and pray that if I can give the financial state I am in, that others with a real income can really give an amount to make this successful.

K466
07-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I just went ahead and donated today, I don't want my money back.

As a college kid in Ohio, I am struggling check to check- but I hope and pray that if I can give the financial state I am in, that others with a real income can really give an amount to make this successful.

I'm in the same boat. I will try making my donation tomorrow. I really want him to get over the $500K mark.

Young Paleocon
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
So have all of the mailing lists been utilized yet?

G-Wohl
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Not essential I suppose, but could there possibly be a chat room added? I always tend to find those rather engaging during money bombs.

spacehabitats
07-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Peter Schiff was right.
Hard to believe that Peter still has problems with "name recognition" after the all of the financial upheaval.

SilentBull
07-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Peter Schiff was right.
Hard to believe that Peter still has problems with "name recognition" after the all of the financial upheaval.

This is why I wonder if Connecticut people are just dumber and more oblivious than the rest of the country.

TomtheTinker
07-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Not essential I suppose, but could there possibly be a chat room added? I always tend to find those rather engaging during money bombs.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=254350&page=7

SamuraisWisdom
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
This is why I wonder if Connecticut people are just dumber and more oblivious than the rest of the country.

Neither, if it isn't on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX then nobody cares. If anything it's just apathy.

PS just threw in $25 for the money bomb.