PDA

View Full Version : How I just now supported FreedomWatch

Cowlesy
07-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I called Midas Resources (http://www.midasresources.com) at 866-735-2471 and ordered G. Edward Griffin's book The Creature from Jekyll Island.

With shipping, it was the exact same price on the final checkout screen as if I had ordered it brand new from Amazon.com.

Ted Anderson (http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.php?name=Anderson%2C+Ted&state=MN&zip=&employ=&cand=&c2010=Y&c2008=Y&sort=N&capcode=ty58m&submit=Submit) also throws in a silver dollar for good measure, so it was a better deal than ordering it from Amazon.

I spoke with the sales agent/broker for a minute, and he was pitching the Campaign for Liberty and Ron Paul to me, which I acknowledged I already support them both.

While I am a pro free-trade guy, I still see some benefit of keeping some of my business in the freedom community, so when I do my next metals buy, I am going to consider Midas Resources.

JasonC
07-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Interesting. I've heard of them but never did business with them for some reason I cannot remember.... Perhaps it was because they had an ad on infowars.....

Anywho... what was the cost of the book with shipping, because I wanted to get that book eventually? If there is a free silver dollar included, I may just go for this deal. Thanks Cowlesy.

Matt Collins
07-24-2010, 11:47 AM
If FBN wanted to promote FW they would stream it live on their website, and also offer the show online to be watched instantly. Since they don't I usually end up watching it elsewhere on the web because I don't have cable and don't want to wait.

JasonC
07-24-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.midasresources.com/assets/stage/dollarDecline.jpg

Cool background to the chart on Midas' website.

Anti Federalist
07-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Interesting. I've heard of them but never did business with them for some reason I cannot remember.... Perhaps it was because they had an ad on infowars.....
Anywho... what was the cost of the book with shipping, because I wanted to get that book eventually? If there is a free silver dollar included, I may just go for this deal. Thanks Cowlesy.

Ted Anderson owns the network, Genesis Communications Network, that syndicates the Alex Jones show.

nobody's_hero
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Touching on what Matt just said, I just sent a letter of support for Freedom Watch to feedback@foxbusiness.com.

It is a criticism, but I think it is necessary to speak up about a trend I'm seeing with the show that could potentially hurt its credibility (from certain perceptions).

Dear Freedom Lovers at Fox Business: [butter them up a bit :p]

I absolutely love the show, "Freedom Watch." For a long time, I've been watching the fight between Democrats and Republicans, and that's all it's been. Every day for years, I got to watch two teams pummel each other for sport on mainstream news networks, and no one every focused on what the government in general was doing. That's why we have a "free press", right? Great watchdog program! As a 23 y/o college student, I feel that "Freedom Watch" touches on many issues that are important to my future.

I do, however, have some (constructive~!) criticism for Andrew Napolitano. I realize he only has one hour per week to do his show, but I'm afraid it seems that he is trying to do too much. Meaning: The interviews are always really fast-paced, and I'm sure the pressure for time must be immense (it's obvious). The show, essentially, feels more like a teaser for something more in depth that, unfortunately, never comes. I would recommend perhaps cutting back on the number of guests he has, and going into greater detail. Although, I'd rather see Freedom Watch on every day of the week! I know there is so much to cover, and so little time to cover it, but when the Judge interrupts guests in mid-sentence, it inadvertently appears as being rude. I know the Judge isn't a rude person, so I'd hope that maybe he'll consider some ideas on how to manage the time better.

If you need more support for Freedom Watch, I will spread the word to my friends and get them to espouse their support for the show. This show is definitely a 'diamond in the rough.'

P.S. Is there any way to get a live-stream of Freedom Watch up and running on its Fox Business web-page? The only episodes I ever see on the website are from weeks, sometimes even months, ago.

Crap, typo, and I already sent it. "Every" should be "ever". Oh well, maybe they'll figure it out. :P

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
^ great letter.

BuddyRey
07-24-2010, 12:11 PM
nobody's_hero, that's a great point about the number of guests on the show and the length of interviews. I keep wishing The Judge would either cut down on the number of guests so that he could get a lot more in-depth with them (for example, he never got to find out why Ann Coulter wants to end the war in Afghanistan but continue the one in Iraq), OR, even better, petition FBN to expand his show another hour. 2 hours of FreedomWatch would be unbelievably awesome!

Cowlesy
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM

$26.49 with shipping.

As AF noted, Ted Anderson also owns Genesis Communications Network ("GCN"), which syndicates the Alex Jones Show (among a variety of shows). Supposively Ted is very libertarian, and a big first amendment guy. Also, back in 2007 he spearheaded the Ron Paul Air Corps, if you remember all the planes flying around with the "Who is Ron Paul?" banners.

If you bought a used copy or hunted online, you could certainly get a far cheaper copy of The Creature from Jekyll Island, but I'd prefer to buy from someone with a parallel political ideology.

nobody's_hero
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM
nobody's_hero, that's a great point about the number of guests on the show and the length of interviews. I keep wishing The Judge would either cut down on the number of guests so that he could get a lot more in-depth with them (for example, he never got to find out why Ann Coulter wants to end the war in Afghanistan but continue the one in Iraq), OR, even better, petition FBN to expand his show another hour. 2 hours of FreedomWatch would be unbelievably awesome!

Be sure to let them know how you feel! It was only through hard work and constant 'harassment' by the show's online viewers that got the show T.V. exposure to reach millions more Americans. Let's get the momentum going again.:)

Cowlesy
07-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Touching on what Matt just said, I just sent a letter of support for Freedom Watch to feedback@foxbusiness.com.

It is a criticism, but I think it is necessary to speak up about a trend I'm seeing with the show that could potentially hurt its credibility (from certain perceptions).

Crap, typo, and I already sent it. "Every" should be "ever". Oh well, maybe they'll figure it out. :P

Good letter, and you can be certain they're reading these and processing the feedback to make the show better.

nobody's_hero
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Good letter, and you can be certain they're reading these and processing the feedback to make the show better.

Thanks, and sorry if it looks like I hijacked your thread. I just noticed that the General Politics section was filling up with tons of threads with the topic of Freedom Watch today, so I borrowed yours.

I like your idea, too. ;)

Jeremy
07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Ted Anderson owns the network, Genesis Communications Network, that syndicates the Alex Jones show.

Also Free Talk Live.

And this is the guy who did Ron Paul Air Corps. :)

Anti Federalist
07-24-2010, 01:10 PM
$26.49 with shipping.

As AF noted, Ted Anderson also owns Genesis Communications Network ("GCN"), which syndicates the Alex Jones Show (among a variety of shows). Supposively Ted is very libertarian, and a big first amendment guy. Also, back in 2007 he spearheaded the Ron Paul Air Corps, if you remember all the planes flying around with the "Who is Ron Paul?" banners.

If you bought a used copy or hunted online, you could certainly get a far cheaper copy of The Creature from Jekyll Island, but I'd prefer to buy from someone with a parallel political ideology.

Also Free Talk Live.

I was being grouchy at the OP I directed that at, since he seemed to make clear that he wouldn't take part in a great deal because Ted Anderson was connected with Alex Jones somehow.

Maybe I need a vacation...I find myself too bitchy about too many things lately.

Ted is an ally, a friend to liberty and Ron Paul, and has great deals on gold and silver to boot. ;)

specsaregood
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I was being grouchy at the OP I directed that at, since he seemed to make clear that he wouldn't take part in a great deal because Ted Anderson was connected with Alex Jones somehow.

I just hope that poster holds the advertisers on foxnews, cnn, msbnc to the same standard. I disagree with AJ and sometimes wonder if he is controlled-op but at the same time I don't ever recall him pushing for the govt to steal my income, increase the deficit or trample on my rights -- things that those other shows/channel do for what seems 24hrs a day, everyday.

Anti Federalist
07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I just hope that poster holds the advertisers on foxnews, cnn, msbnc to the same standard. I disagree with AJ and sometimes wonder if he is controlled-op but at the same time I don't ever recall him pushing for the govt to steal my income, increase the deficit or trample on my rights -- things that those other shows/channel do for what seems 24hrs a day, everyday.

I make no bones about it, I'm a big fan of AJ and have been for years.

If I had a radio show, my presentation and ideas would be exactly the same.

But love him or hate him, you're right, he's not out pimping the welfare/warfare/police/surveillance state 24/7 like the rest of the media jackals are.

Cowlesy
07-24-2010, 06:02 PM

Very good point

tjeffersonsghost
07-24-2010, 08:50 PM
wrong thread

Cowlesy
07-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Also Free Talk Live.

I had no idea Ted was responsible for Free Talk Live - very cool.

Edit: Ah, a good reminisce thread from back in the day from the Air Corps! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=84895

Cowlesy
07-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Another awesome Air Corps video.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1244763#post1244763

Cowlesy
08-09-2010, 05:42 PM
//

FSP-Rebel
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
And Free Talk Live. I've heard Midas commercials on that show for years.

Cowlesy
02-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Also ordered some metal from Midas. Good price, reasonable shipping, package came without any damage. Great way to support FreedomWatch!