PDA

View Full Version : Maddow gets it right about rights

hugolp
07-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Very libertarian position from Madow. I was surprised.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow - Do Pentagon Surveys Work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXftQl98gB8)

KAYA
07-24-2010, 08:22 AM
She's a propagandist for a centralized, collectivist, government controlled society.

coastie
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I have this watch that's broken, and it's right twice a day, everyday.

FrankRep
07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
She essentially said we need Big Government to protect "equal rights."

How is that Libertarian?

nobody's_hero
07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
"We're not just a democracy; we're a constitutional democracy."

REPUBLIC!!!

but, whatever.

FrankRep
07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
"We're not just a democracy; we're a constitutional democracy."

Plus: In a Democracy, the large Majority didn't want to integrate. Democracy rules! Right?

YumYum
07-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Maddow is very educational. She does her homework. She has spoken highly of Ron Paul in the past.

Valli6
07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Maddow is very educational. She does her homework. She has spoken highly of Ron Paul in the past.
I used to appreciate Maddow speaking highly of of Ron Paul, but now I have come to realize that she only did this because it gave her another angle for bashing mainstream republicans. When it comes down to an actual election, she is there to destroy the opposition! I have no doubt that when(:)) Ron Paul becomes the 2012 republican presidential candidate, she will do her damnedest to paint him and all his supporters as racists, and dig up hundreds of trivial incidents to "prove" he's a hypocrite. (Your right about the "homework"!) She used to speak well of Rand too, until he actually won the primary!

I caught a few minutes of her show 2 nights ago, and she kept going on and on about how her audience must ridicule and "laugh at" anyone that criticizes Obama's policies so that they become afraid to associate with each other, for fear of looking foolish. She kept stressing how important it is to ostracize the opposition. It was absolutely sickening! THIS IS THE ONLY "STRATEGY" THEY CAN COME UP WITH! :eek: Such people are perverse and not to be trusted!

specsaregood
07-24-2010, 10:54 AM

I haven't watched it yet, did she explain where the government gets the right to redistribute wealth?

YumYum
07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I used to appreciate Maddow speaking highly of of Ron Paul, but now I have come to realize that she only did this because it gave her another angle for bashing mainstream republicans. When it comes down to an actual election, she is there to destroy the opposition! I have no doubt that when(:)) Ron Paul becomes the 2012 republican presidential candidate, she will do her damnedest to paint him and all his supporters as racists, and dig up hundreds of trivial incidents to "prove" he's a hypocrite. (Your right about the "homework"!) She used to speak well of Rand too, until he actually won the primary!

I caught a few minutes of her show 2 nights ago, and she kept going on and on about how her audience must ridicule and "laugh at" anyone that criticizes Obama's policies so that they become afraid to associate with each other, for fear of looking foolish. She kept stressing how important it is to ostracize the opposition. It was absolutely sickening! THIS IS THE ONLY "STRATEGY" THEY CAN COME UP WITH! :eek: Such people are perverse and not to be trusted!

I agree. When a person can only attack people instead of coming up with solutions they lose their argument.