PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that the Iraqi Parliament wants the U.S. out?

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Is it true that the Iraqi Parliament had a Majority vote for us to have a deadline for immediate withdrawal of troops?

Is it also true that over 80% of Iraqis see us as occupiers and want us out?

If these are true, why have I just learned this and why are we not hammering these facts to the Republican base?

I think this could be crucial information for many pro-war conservatives out there.

spivey378
10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
we need to stay to give them freedom

ctb619
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
you have a reference?

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 04:07 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/09/iraqis-call-for-timetable/

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-04-28-poll-cover_x.htm

Proemio
10-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Is it true that the Iraqi Parliament had a Majority vote for us to have a deadline for immediate withdrawal of troops?

Is it also true that over 80% of Iraqis see us as occupiers and want us out?

If these are true, why have I just learned this and why are we not hammering these facts to the Republican base?

I think this could be crucial information for many pro-war conservatives out there.

4) Most wont care what the Iraqis want.

3) The MSM are just underpaid, nice people who make mistakes while trying their best.;)

2) 80% is claimed here and there and makes sense, but only a referendum would tell for sure

1) Certainly. At least twice. Once - the day before the UN SC session - to forbid the ambassador at the UN from 'requesting' an extension of the mandate. In effect asking for an immediate withdrawal. The ambassador didn't comply.

Shortly after, they voted on that timetable compromise, in order to appease the fear of all those exiles depending on the protection of the occupation. Both cases had a super-majority. Some democracy...

There also was another one - a month or a few earlier - for immediate withdrawal but only got a slim majority. The end of occupation issue is one of the main reasons the Sadr group left government a few times, but was reported as sectarian disputes, which it is of course; Iraqi sect vs the occupation sect.

There are sources for all that stuff, but they are mainly foreign or alternative media who picked it up. Look around the time of the UN mandate extension; sometime in August, I think.

KingTheoden
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
I think by some accounts, 67-70+% of the military wants to leave. If I recall, the Stars and Stripes poll suggested over two thirds wanted to come home. Very few people still support the war; when cornered, some of those brainwashed by neocons like Savage and Limbaugh will admit we should leave. But the problem is you often have to work with them one on one to 'deprogram' them.

What will carry the day in the primaries will be independents and unlikely GOP voters, indeed we should still work on Republican regulars the best we can.

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
I think it's another point Dr. Paul should add to his list of reasons for pulling out.

reduen
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
These refferences are from like April aren't they? :confused:

EvoPro
10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
These refferences are from like April aren't they? :confused:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I never heard this before, until I did a search yesterday...

Does it make it any less important?

EvoPro
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
4) Most wont care what the Iraqis want.

I think that most people who support this war do not know this information.

I do think many would care, maybe not as much as we do. But it might be the straw that breaks the camels back. ;)

Wyurm
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
They've wanted the US out for quite a while. They also wanted Blackwater banned and they want lots of other things as well. Sadly they are not in charge so they don't get any of those things.

hard@work
10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
when cornered, some of those brainwashed by neocons like Savage and Limbaugh will admit we should leave.

Some day these chickenhawks will have to face the troops in person. They better start thinking about that. No matter how many times the Bush administration forces them to stay longer than they should, eventually some of them will come home. And they are not going to be big fans of any traitors to their country and constitution, that's without question.

Corydoras
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
One problem is that phrases like "self-determination of peoples" and "anti-colonialism" sound uncomfortably lefty.

Pete
10-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I have been wondering if support for the war is going to completely unravel before the primaries.

The logic of Ron Paul's case is like a dripping faucet.