PDA

View Full Version : 13 Year Old Tells Why She Phonebanks For Peter!

qwerty
07-24-2010, 02:47 AM
YouTube - Sara K: Why I Call for Peter Schiff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM9XTj2Ta-M)

Vote up in Reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/ct6ft/13_year_old_tells_why_she_phonebanks_for_peter/

qwerty
07-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Bump! :)

qwerty
07-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Vote up in REDDIT!

BamaFanNKy
07-24-2010, 10:43 AM
No offense. Glad she's doing it. Glad she's getting taught the right stuff.

BUT, I saw videos similar to this for Obama.... at that age your parents influence matters more than independent thought.

That said, BUMP!

Nate-ForLiberty
07-24-2010, 10:51 AM

BUT, I saw videos similar to this for Obama.... at that age your parents influence matters more than independent thought.

That said, BUMP!

then props to her father for getting it right.

qwerty
07-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Bump!

TheTyke
07-24-2010, 03:44 PM

That said, BUMP!

And he won, right? :D That's the real goal.

BamaFanNKy
07-24-2010, 03:56 PM
And he won, right? :D That's the real goal.

I agree. Just sayin.... I'm not big on using kids or God to get elected.

low preference guy
07-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree. Just sayin.... I'm not big on using kids or God to get elected.

It's one kid. There were more than 70000 calls so far. It's not going to have a negative impact.

KurtBoyer25L
07-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Bama fan, I think you are making the mistake of finding the Liberty movement and mob-rule politics qualitatively the same. Ron Paul talks all the time about children discovering the Revolution and bringing their parents to his office. It is easier for an adolescent to understand than it is for grownups.

Why? Because the only arguments against liberty/noninterference/nonviolence are bromides, superstitions and appeals for cynicism. "Let's be adults about this. We all know that people can't just take care of themselves." "The Federal Reserve knows more than we do about the economy, they're the experts in charge after all." A great example is our policy in the Middle East. How can you possibly defend our Republic invading, occupying and exploiting other nations? The bedrock reasons are that our government is racist, exceptionalist, empirical, exploitative, corrupt. But the propaganda defending their actions is much harder to sell to a young person. They have not yet learned that Arabs are fundamentally evil and incapable of critical thinking. They have not been taught that common sense and decency have no place in government decisions. To a kid sometimes things are very simple -- as, in fact, often they are.

ctiger2
07-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Hopefully the local news in CT will pick this up and run a story on it. The press would be nice.

qwerty
07-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Hopefully the local news in CT will pick this up and run a story on it. The press would be nice.

True! :)

teamrican1
07-25-2010, 08:25 AM

That said, BUMP!

It's often true, but not necessarily true. This girl strikes me as having an above average IQ, and at that age I was certainly had my own independent political ideology. And it's especially likely when you consider she's supporting a Libertarian minded candidate. Kids who support Obama are just following the propaganda lead they've been spoon shoveled day after day by the mainstream media and their government run schools. To buck all that propaganda almost requires you to be an independent, intelligent kid. One Dad isn't enough to counteract the enormous pro-Statist pressure today's teens face. She has to be thinking for herself to truly break free.

qwerty
07-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Bump! :)

qwerty
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Bump!