PDA

View Full Version : The Secret of OZ: Review

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Quotes and observations from this great documentary. Follow up to the Money Masters. I searched a torrent to view it. An absolutely amazing masterpiece.

http://secretofoz.com/

"The States should be applied to, to transfer the right of issuing circulating paper to Congress exclusively, in perpetuum." --Thomas Jefferson to John W. Eppes, 1813. ME 13:276

“We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government. . . . Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson . . . and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business.”

— William Jennings Bryan, Democratic Convention, 1896

Financial History of the United States(Google book)
http://books.google.com/books?id=IIO0Pt6kvwsC&pg=PA379&lpg=PA379&dq=dewey+the+issue+of+currency+is+a+function+of+go vernment&source=bl&ots=75IcLXw4tg&sig=jgkmvvDKwOJw4rA_f3G3GgIHrVg&hl=en&ei=42tKTIyLI4L48Aae8PE3&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

An example of banking philosophy

To seize the belongings of all nations and individuals
This is the real reason for poverty in the world

by Louis Even

Here is the full text of an article published in the United States Bankers' Magazine in 1892. It was recently re-published in the New Era and in the Social Crediter, where we took it:

“We must go forward cautiously and consolidate each acquired position, because already the inferior social stratum of society is giving unceasing signs of agitation.

“Therefore, prudence dictates to us a line of conduct that seems to give in to the will of the people, until the execution of our plans be well-enough established for us to be able to declare our intentions without having to fear any organized resistance.

“Our confidence men shall have to closely watch the Farmers Alliance and the Knights of Work, and take steps immediately, either to control both associations in accordance with our interests, or to break them.

“Our men will have to attend the Convention that will be held in Omaha on the 4th of July, and be in charge of all activities. Otherwise, this Convention could muster such an antagonism to our plans that we would have to resort to force to overcome it.

Now, at the present time, using violence would be premature. We are not yet ready to confront such an assault. Money must first of all seek maximum protection in schemes and in legislation.

“Let us make use of the courts. Let us go forward as fast as possible at perceiving debts, at foreclosing (depriving of recourse to justice when a certain time limit has been transgressed) on debentures and mortgages.

“When, through the law's intervention, the common people shall have lost their homes, they will be more easy to control and more easy to govern, and they shall not be able to resist the strong hand of the Government acting in accordance with the orders of the central power of imperial wealth, under the control of the leaders of finance.

“Our top leaders are perfectly aware of the truth. They are presently working at establishing an imperialism of the capital to rule the world. But while they are implementing this plan, they must keep the people busy with political antagonisms.

“We'll therefore speed up the question of reform in the custom rates by the political organization called the Democratic Party; and we'll put the spotlight on the question of protection and of the reciprocity by the Republican Party.

“By dividing the electorate this way, we'll be able to have them spend their energies at struggling amongst themselves on questions that, for us, have no importance whatsoever, and on which we only touch upon as instructors of the common flock.

“It is thus that, through discreet acts, we can maintain what was so generously projected and executed with such a remarkable success.”
http://www.michaeljournal.org/bankphilo.htm

Please add your own personnel observations as well as comments to this thread.

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
“Our top leaders are perfectly aware of the truth. They are presently working at establishing an imperialism of the capital to rule the world. But while they are implementing this plan, they must keep the people busy with political antagonisms.

“We'll therefore speed up the question of reform in the custom rates by the political organization called the Democratic Party; and we'll put the spotlight on the question of protection and of the reciprocity by the Republican Party.

“By dividing the electorate this way, we'll be able to have them spend their energies at struggling amongst themselves on questions that, for us, have no importance whatsoever, and on which we only touch upon as instructors of the common flock. "

Marenco
07-24-2010, 03:50 AM
The Secret of OZ was another great documentary from bill still, as was the money masters.

michaelwise
07-24-2010, 12:11 PM
It's good to watch this movie back to back with The Road. I don't know how far the banker class is willing to push humanity, but a nuclear winter like in the Road doesn't really benefit them that much.

michaelwise
07-24-2010, 03:31 PM
bump

Mach
07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Here is a comment from the Secret of Oz trailer on YouTube by, I believe, Bill Still.

1 month ago
@laza - as jeepndesert said, von Mises et al are Rockefeller libertarians. They favor gold fiat. If you think gold fiat is a contradiction in terms, look up the primary meaning of "fiat".
bstill3 1 month ago

--------

fiat
- 5 dictionary results

fi·at
   /ˈfiɑt, -æt; ˈfaɪət, -æt/ Show Spelled [fee-aht, -at; fahy-uht, -at]
–noun

an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat.
a formula containing the word fiat, by which a person in authority gives sanction.
an arbitrary decree or pronouncement, esp. by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it: The king ruled by fiat.

fi·at (fē'ət, -āt', -ät', fī'āt', -ət)
n.

An arbitrary order or decree.
Authorization or sanction: government fiat.

--------

Mr.Still kinda made me see him in a new light way back when he said he supported Bush and agreed with how he was doing things.

YouTube - "The Secret of Oz" trailer - How to Fix the 2010 Depression - directed by Bill Still (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cq9yEVcGIU)

Here, watch this or at least click it at 7:12 and listen to them talk about 'metals' for a couple minutes before critiquing Ron Paul.... :mad: Mach: Denninger..... hey I know that dude.

YouTube - SR 16-2 Denninger 2.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jpRsZB16uA)

More
http://www.youtube.com/user/bstill3

Anyway, I'll check Secret of Oz out, thanks.

michaelwise
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Gold standard or not, Our elected representatives have the sole right for the American people to issue money and set the value thereof. Not a private corporate banking cartel.

Mach
07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
I hear yuh, good point, not trying to divide and conquer or nothing but when I hear someone say that Dr.Paul doesn't know what he's talking about I instantly throw my guard up, but, I do try to see things from all different sides.

I must say, I wish they would see things the same way you do and not sit around and say that Paul doesn't get it or understand the problem..... is it true, if we go back to the gold standard we will then be controlled (even more) by foreign nations? :o

dannno
07-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I hear yuh, good point, not trying to divide and conquer or nothing but when I hear someone say that Dr.Paul doesn't know what he's talking about I instantly throw my guard up, but, I do try to see things from all different sides.

I must say, I wish they would see things the same way you do and not sit around and say that Paul doesn't get it or understand the problem..... is it true, if we go back to the gold standard we will then be controlled (even more) by foreign nations? :o

Ron Paul believes in competing currencies, which would allow unlimited amounts of currency based on demand and production of the goods backing said currencies and this would adequately balance our money supply.

Ron Paul does NOT believe in mandating gold only be used as currency. He supports bi-metalism at the federal level, but NOT as a mandate for what to use.. the value would flow with the market and the varying competing currencies and would be near impossible to control the value.

The film was showing that the books actually were arguing for bi-metalism and that it was preferable to the gold standard. Bill Still's own twist on everything steers away from this to a state based fiat currency which I agree would be much better than what we have today.. but either or both of these must be combined with a free market that allows competing currencies as Ron Paul advocates.

Mach
07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Well.... allow me to retort..... just kidding, I always wanted to say that.... anyway, sounded pretty good, I'm getting ready to watch Oz now, your answer gave me a good balance to judge by, thanks.

michaelwise
07-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Ron Paul believes in competing currencies, which would allow unlimited amounts of currency based on demand and production of the goods backing said currencies and this would adequately balance our money supply.

Ron Paul does NOT believe in mandating gold only be used as currency. He supports bi-metalism at the federal level, but NOT as a mandate for what to use.. the value would flow with the market and the varying competing currencies and would be near impossible to control the value.

The film was showing that the books actually were arguing for bi-metalism and that it was preferable to the gold standard. Bill Still's own twist on everything steers away from this to a state based fiat currency which I agree would be much better than what we have today.. but either or both of these must be combined with a free market that allows competing currencies as Ron Paul advocates.Well said dannno. Lets not forget too that the gold standard is only one of many good issues RP advocates, states rights, foreign policy, etc.
If it became necessary to tightly regulate the quantity of money the treasury prints up, we may be able to tie their hands with a basket of commodities of some sort. The details of how we do this may be complex but it can be done.

epxroot
10-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Can you give the volume you found this in. I have read through the 1891 - 1892 issue and can not find the above excerpts anywhere.

http://books.google.com/books?id=MUcmAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA80&lpg=PA80&dq=United+States+Bankers'+Magazine+in+1892&source=bl&ots=kcXz-WitCg&sig=ETimIP8cg8DgR_nnRd7wjetCNvc&hl=en&ei=VpK9TKXUI4GpngfdtpmKDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false