PDA

View Full Version : Non-Campaign Donations

rmolly1
10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Today I was thinking about how much I had given to the campaign. Officially, I've only given a $25 donation. I'm a poor college student, and I just moved out into my own apartment. I felt bad that I hadn't given more.

However, as I got to thinkin' about it, I realized that at a grassroots level, I have spent well over $1000 in grassroots efforts. These things include driving to events, printing materials, buying signs, shirts, paying for booths at fairs, among other things that I can't think of at the moment.

I was wondering how much money has been spent behind the scenes. You don't have to mention specific amounts (unless you just want to), but I'm curious about what non-campaign donations you all have spent your money on. While the $5.2 million was stunning, I have a feeling that people are spending 3-4 times the amount to get Dr. Paul elected.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Did you consider spending less on signs and sending more to Ron?

ronpaulyourmom
10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Well you have to consider that the number of extremely active meetup members is far less than the total number of donors. That said, I would not be surprised at all if the grassroots spent a few million in total.

rmolly1
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I didn't because I live in an area where the meetup groups aren't very big, and they need the money to put on events. I thought it would be more beneficial to spread the message locally rather than send it in to the campaign.