PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Libertarians nominate “Nobody” for Governor

Galileo Galilei
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Wisconsin Libertarians nominate “Nobody” for Governor

by Clifford F. Thies, Senior Editor

This year’s Libertarian Party ticket for Governor and Lt. Governor of Wisconsin are nobody for Governor and somebody for Lt. Governor. Pretty ingenious move by the Libertarians, who always run behind “None of the Above” in Nevada where state law requires this option be available to voters. Obviously, nobody is the least of three or more evils!

This reminds me of Karl Hess’s answer, a few years ago, to the question, who would make a better President, H.L. Menchen or Murray Rothbard, to which Hess replied, why, Menchen, of course, he’s dead! (Now, sadly, all three are equally qualified for the job.)

It also reminds me of a note tacked on the kitchen door at the church of which I am a member: When ANYBODY can do a job, EVERYBODY will assume that SOMEBODY will, and NOBODY will do it.

And, the scene in The Odyssey, where Jason tells the Cyclops that his name is “Nobody.” Then, after Jason pokes out the Cyclops’ eye, the Cyclops cries out to his brother Cyclops, “‘Nobody’ has poked out my eye.,” leaving his brother befuddled as to what happened or didn’t happen.

Editor’s Note - Cliff Thies is the former National Treasurer for the Libertarian Party, and ran as the Libertarian candidate for US Senate in Montana in 1984.

http://www.fontcraft.com/liberty/?p=25856

:cool:

NewFederalist
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
The guy running for governor did not get enough signatures. The Lt. gubernatorial nominee is lucky the state decided to put him on the ballot.

BuddyRey
07-24-2010, 04:14 AM
I wish them luck, but if "nobody" actually wins, I'm sure the Wisconsin state government will think of someone to put in its place.

eOs
07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/muffin_totaly_rock/9fv5nq.jpg

nobody's_hero
07-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Is that Banksy? It looks like his graffiti.:cool:

NewFederalist
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
If "nobody" wins the Lt Gov becomes governor since they run as a ticket.

KurtBoyer25L
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
That poster is seriously dope.

Cliff mixed up Jason & The Argonauts with the Odyssey. Odysseus, not Jason, tells the Cyclops that his name is Nohbdy. Then a bunch of them come out of their caves & after he says "Nobody has blinded me!" they go back to bed. Drunk.

sailingaway
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I think nobody should win and the people should insist on nobody.