PDA

View Full Version : Look who's bankrupt now?

WaltM
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
American Jewish Congress!

http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/58721/ajcongress-crash-a-tale-of-money-shifting-priorities/

Did I hear it had something to do with Madoff?

specsaregood
07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
//

BlackTerrel
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
“The number of people who give to organizations like ours is dwindling,” Gordon said. “There is not a group of younger people who see these organizations as vital to American Jews.”

They're basically making the point I made in a couple of the NAACP threads. At some point these groups have to justify all their salaries and expenses.

While I appreciate they probably served a greater purpose many many years ago, and they maybe even do SOME good today they are becoming less and less useful and more and more obsolete.

This is precisely why we see groups like the NAACP at times acting irrationally and in fact creating controversy. How else do they justify their payrolls and budgets? Now they have to get real jobs like the rest of us.

WaltM
07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
They're basically making the point I made in a couple of the NAACP threads. At some point these groups have to justify all their salaries and expenses.

While I appreciate they probably served a greater purpose many many years ago, and they maybe even do SOME good today they are becoming less and less useful and more and more obsolete.

This is precisely why we see groups like the NAACP at times acting irrationally and in fact creating controversy. How else do they justify their payrolls and budgets? Now they have to get real jobs like the rest of us.

ouch, tough huh?!