PDA

View Full Version : Should I give to the Obama campaign?

smhbbag
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
He's holding an event at my university, and it's $15 to go (yeah, easy way to increase # of donors and donations)...

So how should I play it?

Hand out slim-jims outside? Wear RP gear or not? Pay $15 just for the sake of hearing him speak in person?

Oh, and some relevant information: my university is about 98% black, while I am not...so let's just say that I probably need to err seriously on the side of subtlety.

I have not found very open minds on my campus, nor many who would appreciate an open, civil, direct exchange of ideas....

but come on, I gotta do something....so give me some thoughts.

Korey Kaczynski
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Just buy a bottle of alcohol and get drunk tonight. That's what I'd do.

MikeStanart
10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Just don't do anything crazy and get yourself

TAZZZZED!!

kylejack
10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Sneak in and when they try to stop you, start yelling "Don't Taze Me, Bro!" and throw slimjims in the air.

BLS
Hand Out Slim Jims!!! This Is A Great Opportunity.
Tell Them How Ron Paul Believes All Individuals Have Equal Rights!!

constituent
hold up a sign mid speech that reads :

"I swear to God I'm not a racist."

wearing an Obama shirt.

make sure you youtube.

maxmerkel
10-15-2007, 02:34 PM
propably you got ONE?? black friend who supports paul with you ? otherwise it woul look a bit - well, getting drunk doesn't sound that bad ;)

Stealth4
10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
He's holding an event at my university, and it's $15 to go (yeah, easy way to increase # of donors and donations)...

So how should I play it?

Hand out slim-jims outside? Wear RP gear or not? Pay $15 just for the sake of hearing him speak in person?

Oh, and some relevant information: my university is about 98% black, while I am not...so let's just say that I probably need to err seriously on the side of subtlety.

I have not found very open minds on my campus, nor many who would appreciate an open, civil, direct exchange of ideas....

Yeah go, get the mic, and ask him why he skipped out on two really important votes recently.

1 - regarding Iran
2- regarding increasing the debt ceiling of the U.S.

Ask him if skipping on important votes shows good leadership or did he do it because he avoids difficult decisions.

I called his senate office a few weeks ago and ranted about this, they told me they were getting lots of calls about it, but no posted response yet AFAIK

Lord Xar
10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Ask him a question out loud why he promised the racist organization "la Raza" that he would give Amnesty to 20+million illegal immigrants even though these same illegals drive wages down (big corps), and have always supplanted the income and upward mobility of black americans.... so in effect, his very policy of pandering is actually detrimental to black americans.

constituent
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
The best way to counter racebaiting (which is what his whole candidacy depends on) is to stare it in the face and mock it.

Roxi
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Sneak in and when they try to stop you, start yelling "Don't Taze Me, Bro!" and throw slimjims in the air.

kyle u make me spit coffee on my computer screen sometimes :D

Hurricane Bruiser
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Stand on a sidewalk on top of a sign that says "Don't taze me bro" and hand out slim jims while dressed all in black.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 03:55 PM

Amazing.

But say they tazed you when you mentioned Ron Paul and freedom.

njandrewg
10-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Go in dressed regullary...then ask him "How do you explain the fact, that Ron Paul, a republican is more willing to remove the troops from Iraq than you?"

RP4ME
10-15-2007, 04:38 PM

So how should I play it?

Go for it...just be polite...engage first nd if they are interested give them a slimjim....and a website.....

Geronimo
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Ask him how old he was when he started on Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.

dircha
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM

So how should I play it?

Are there any anti-war groups on campus?

Contact them and ask whether they will be protesting his attendance. If they won't, be ready to share with them the facts about why they should.

We can't trust Obama to take all the troops out of Iraq as soon as possible.

We can't trust Obama to not using a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran.

We can't trust Obama to stop the march to war with Iran.