PDA

View Full Version : How Much Is The Life Insurance Premium on Being Killed By a Terrorist?

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Or a serial killer for that matter? I was just wondering this in order to put things into perspective.

I just want to know how much it would cost according to the actuarials for small events like the 9/11 thing.

Up to $1,000,000* in Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Insurance (AD&D)
23¢ per day based on a monthly rate of $6.95.
http://www.stonebridgeaccidentinsurance.com/

$7/month X 12 months = $84/year per person.

Lets say $100/person X 330 million citizens = $33 billion/year to insure every person in America with $1 million in coverage in the event of an accidental death by terrorist.

That's a lot cheaper than the bill for the bogeyman wars.

Zippyjuan
07-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Given that the odds of those events are pretty remote, you can probably get a rider on your current policy to cover them pretty cheaply. Not sure if they would sell you a policy just to cover those events- although some may actually list them as exemptions to their policies. Not any insurance agent, just guessing.

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Given that the odds of those events are pretty remote, you can probably get a rider on your current policy to cover them pretty cheaply. Not sure if they would sell you a policy just to cover those events- although some may actually list them as exemptions to their policies. Not any insurance agent, just guessing.

I figure you can get a $5 million policy for about $20 a year.

Travlyr
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I figure you can get a $5 million policy for about $20 a year.

And probably still not worth it.

Bruno
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Probably about the same as for Alien Abduction Insurance

http://autocricket.com/blog/uncategorized/14-bizarre-insurance-policies-you-wont-believe-are-actually-true/

Kludge
07-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I c wut´s going on here. You´re going to get some local anarchists to do something stupid and become domestic terrorists just before killing off the family members you dislike.

Clever.

puppetmaster
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM
not covered...an act of war is excluded and since the gov decales anything an act of war.......

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
not covered...an act of war is excluded and since the gov decales anything an act of war.......And since we are not at war it should be covered.

johngr
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
The cost would be less than "political prisoner insurance", if such a thing were available, for asking such a question, and significantly less than such insurance would cost for me giving this answer.

puppetmaster
07-23-2010, 01:55 PM
And since we are not at war it should be covered.

you and I know that....but someone needs to tell the sheeple and the gov

my last life insurance specifically excluded acts of war and terrorism.....

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
you and I know that....but someone needs to tell the sheeple and the gov

my last life insurance specifically excluded acts of war and terrorism.....I just want to know how much it would cost according to the actuarials for small events like the 9/11 thing.

BlackTerrel
07-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I just want to know how much it would cost according to the actuarials for small events like the 9/11 thing.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Life Insurance policies generally do not break it down by specific events. You might as well ask what is the premium on a policy for getting hit by a ball in the temple at a baseball game and being killed. They don't do it like that. That's not how it works.

My assumption is you are trying to prove a point? If so just say what it is.

michaelwise
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Life Insurance policies generally do not break it down by specific events. You might as well ask what is the premium on a policy for getting hit by a ball in the temple at a baseball game and being killed. They don't do it like that. That's not how it works.

My assumption is you are trying to prove a point? If so just say what it is.

I was hoping you could figure that out.

Up to $1,000,000* in Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Insurance (AD&D)
23¢ per day based on a monthly rate of $6.95.
http://www.stonebridgeaccidentinsurance.com/

$7/month X 12 months = $84/year per person.

Lets say $100/person X 330 million citizens = $33 billion/year to insure every person in America with $1 million in coverage in the event of an accidental death by terrorist.

That's a lot cheaper than the bill for the bogeyman wars.

michaelwise
01-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Just trying to put things into perspective.

oyarde
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Probably about the same as for Alien Abduction Insurance

http://autocricket.com/blog/uncategorized/14-bizarre-insurance-policies-you-wont-believe-are-actually-true/ Bruno , I was unaware that was available , I gotta get some of that ! :)

FreeTraveler
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure what the rates might be, but this little chart may help figure it out.

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/46722/2898427860100527759S600x600Q85.jpg

oyarde
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
My auto ins pays 10k in life if I am wearing my seatbelt .....

Pericles
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
And since we are not at war it should be covered.

Depends on your policy - mine has no exclusions. I die - they pay. But, (there is always some catch) my policy is from a company that only insures military officers.

oyarde
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I always figured that accidental stuff was worthless . I base that on the fact that only a very small percentage of people would die from something that would be covered by one of those policies . I keep only two on myself now , one for 91 K , I die , it pays , another through my job for 25 k , I die , it pays , but you have to allow an autopsy if they wish for it or it may not pay. I pay 63 dollars per quarter.

oyarde
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I cannot buy much for 63 dollars anyway , pay my phone bill I guess.

roho76
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM
We should sell terrorist insurance to NeoCons. If you are killed by a terrorist we will pay your family 1 Million Dollars. If a terrorists steals you freedoms will pay you for you freedoms (Which is nothing since you gave them up willingly in the first place for free). Malls are strictly forbidden and no pay out is null and void if death occurs at or near a mall.

:)