PDA

View Full Version : With God On Our Side: One Man’s War Against an Evangelical Coup in America’s Military

Agorism
07-22-2010, 07:38 PM
With God on our side : one man's war against an evangelical coup in America's military

YouTube - With God On Our Side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17NkbM2AKkQ)

and

YouTube - Interview - With God on Our Side (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIQIadfHE4&feature=player_embedded)

MRFF's Mikey Weinstein talks about his non-profit charity called the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and about why he thinks it’s important To Fight The Evangelizing Of Our Military.

Officers core has a group called the “Officers Christian fellow ship”, and they have a group for enlistees called the “Christian military fellowship.

Does belonging to this group help promotion?

thehunter
07-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not even sure where to start on this one. Perhaps I will just leave it as a comment that no one would make as big a stink if someone suggested that the political correctness which insists that the only good religion is a private religion needs serious re-evaluation.

Agorism
07-22-2010, 07:51 PM
My thought was that it reminded me of Franco's Spain.

YouTube - NOFX - Franco Un-American (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpTmcq7nBg)

and

YouTube - The Clash - Spanish Bombs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-qcy0-7ngw)

Agorism
07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Blimp

YumYum
07-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Religion = agenda.

Going to church = accountability.

Question: "Where were you last week? Why weren't you at last weeks meeting?"

Answer: "It is none of your business!"

Wesker1982
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM

NOFX and the Clash are awesome.

charrob
07-23-2010, 01:13 PM
thank God i live in a blue bubble... :) that is absolutely terrifying... with this kind of record, can you imagine what our military is doing to the people in the Middle East who are Muslim? -what a wakeup call...

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Officers core has a group called the “Officers Christian fellow ship”, and they have a group for enlistees called the “Christian military fellowship.

Does belonging to this group help promotion?

This group is great, it is akin to the Christian Legal Society and the Federalist Society in the legal community.

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Do you have any idea who were the driving influences on the "right" in the Spanish military prior to the Civil War? DO you always spout off before you know a Goddamned thing about something?

BlackTerrel
07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
An Evangelical coup?

Sounds more like fear mongering than anything else to be honest. Christians are not that scary I promise.

TinCanToNA
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
What the fuck is going on in this video? It looks like just a bunch of made-up bullshit. What is the point of this thread?

Dr.3D
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
What the fuck is going on in this video? It looks like just a bunch of made-up bullshit. What is the point of this thread?

You are absolutely correct. While in the military, I never witnessed anything remotely resembling what is depicted on that first video. I don't even feel like wasting my time with the second one if it is just more of the same crap presented in the first one. This crap appears to be propaganda presented by those with an anti religious agenda.

Pericles
07-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Right you are. Is this a parallel universe to the military that enjoys killing indiscriminately and can't wait for the next opportunity to oppress the liberties of citizens complicit with the UN? Which view am I supposed to believe?

BTW, the people who determine if officers get promoted, have never met them. It is done by centralized boards, and while commanders get to write a report on you, there is an appeal process if inappropriate comments get made.

tnvoter
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm in the military and have lived on 4 bases. I have never been pressured to attend ANY churches on or near these bases. I don't know what the ruckus is about. I consider myself a christian, pray on a daily basis, and donate and give tithes to online organizations I believe in and receive spiritual food from but have not been to a church building in about 2 years.

/beginning sarcasm

This must clearly be an Evangelical coup.

/end of sarcasm

Agorism
07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
This group is great, it is akin to the Christian Legal Society and the Federalist Society in the legal community.

We need an anti-Federalist society since the judges from the Federalist Society are not necessarily reliable.

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
We need an anti-Federalist society.

That's what it is. It's heavily comprised of libertarians and conservatives who follow the constitutional construction of the anti-federalists.

Look it up before attacking it.

YumYum
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
That's what it is. It's heavily comprised of libertarians and conservatives who follow the constitutional construction of the anti-federalists.

I think there are a lot of Americans who are sick and tired of having the Evangelicals shove their stuff down people's throats. Those people are truly insane.

Agorism
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Anti-Federalists don't want to share power with the federal government. Scalia, Alito, Roberts, etc are horrible on civil liberties in my opinion.

I read on LRC about a Jeffersonian society that is new that was supposed to be an anti-Federalist Society of sorts but it was very new.

BlackTerrel
07-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I think there are a lot of Americans who are sick and tired of having the Evangelicals shove their stuff down people's throats. Those people are truly insane.

Free speech = shoved down people's throats :rolleyes:

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM

Nonsense. You're overgeneralizing. Guys like Chuck Baldwin are doing great things for individual liberty, and some agnostics are actively destroying it...

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Anti-Federalists don't want to share power with the federal government. Scalia, Alito, Roberts, etc are horrible on civil liberties in my opinion.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. My own namesake for instance, the intellectual leader of the entire anti-federalist movement, was a U.S. Senator.

Agorism
07-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately, this is not the case. My own namesake for instance, the intellectual leader of the entire anti-federalist movement, was a U.S. Senator.

Well Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence stating that British law did not apply. Perhaps, that's why the Jefferson Society was named that rather than Anti-Federalist.

John Taylor
07-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Well Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence stating that British law did not apply. Perhaps, that's why the Jefferson Society was named that rather than Anti-Federalist.

Perhaps so. When Jefferson was asked to write his constitutional construction and interpretation down for posterity, he replied: "but Col. John Taylor has already done so".

Read New Views of the Constitution of the United States (http://www.constitution.org/jt/jtnvc.htm)

And,

Read Constructions Construed and Constitutions Vindicated (http://www.constitution.org/jt/cccv.htm)

They're well worth your time.

Agorism
07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Constitution was the biggest expansion of government in our country's history. The Bill of Rights was a nice set of amendments were well thought out though.

In the words of Jefferson himself, the men who gathered in Philadelphia (for the Philadelphia Convention) were 'an assembly of demi-gods'.

"I do not like [in the new Federal Constitution] the omission of a Bill of Rights providing clearly and without the aid of sophisms for... protection against standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787. ME 6:387

"Standing armies [are] inconsistent with [a people's] freedom and subversive of their quiet." --Thomas Jefferson: Reply to Lord North's Proposition, 1775. Papers 1:231

"There are instruments so dangerous to the rights of the nation and which place them so totally at the mercy of their governors that those governors, whether legislative or executive, should be restrained from keeping such instruments on foot but in well-defined cases. Such an instrument is a standing army." --Thomas Jefferson to David Humphreys, 1789. ME 7:323

Agorism
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
blimp

Son of Liberty 2
07-25-2010, 09:57 AM
MRFF's Mikey Weinstein talks about his non-profit charity called the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and about why he thinks it’s important To Fight The Evangelizing Of Our Military.
It seems like an anti-Christian hate group.