PDA

View Full Version : Laws about laying signs?

MyLibertyStuff
07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I am thinking of dedicating some time and money if Ron Paul decides to run in 2012 by getting a few thousand campaign signs printed. Will I have any problems laying these down all over FL? I am betting I will be harassed by quite a few police officers if I did this, so I am just wondering if there is some actual legal issue or just the typical police-statism.

Thanks!

dannno
07-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Well the best thing you could do would be to talk to property owners along major highways and convince them to support Ron Paul and then tell them you'll give them a big sign to put up on their property..

Otherwise putting them on public property you could probably expect to lose them.. In my town in order to put a sign over a freeway you have to be holding it.. there are people that put signs up on the overpasses anyway, and sometimes they stay there for a bit.

libertybrewcity
07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
there a laws about putting them on medians in many places. i would look so them up so the campaign doesn't get in trouble.

MyLibertyStuff
07-22-2010, 06:17 PM
My area has had hundreds of signs for a dating service the last couple years, and I see these signs stay for months at a time. I am guessing political signs would be more prone to vandalism/police attention though, right?

Elwar
07-23-2010, 07:10 AM
There are extra laws against political signs in Florida. Like you can only have 2 political signs in your yard, it has to be X amount of time before the election, etc...

I recall one guy disputing the law back in 2008 when he had his sign in his yard.

But when I lived in San Antonio we had a few people that would go out at night and put signs up high on telephone poles (he had a ladder). He got stopped once by a cop who just told him to take them down (the ones on that street). They were all over the city.