PDA

View Full Version : Demographics -- Personality Type (2010-2011)

Kludge
07-22-2010, 12:56 PM
*A quick note -- these "tests" are type INDICATORs. They predict your type. However, if you legitimately disagree with your type given, give what you believe it is.

Demographics List (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2222435)

http://similarminds.com/jung.html <--- Take the test here (preferred -- shorter and seemingly more concise/precise, less "gentle" type descriptors)

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) <--- Take the test here (legacy -- used for older results. Take for comparison if you strongly disagree with results. Remember, these "tests" are only indicators.)

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

INFJ
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

INTP
Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.

ESTP
Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.

ESFP
Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.

ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

ENTP
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

ESTJ
Practical, realistic, matter-of-fact. Decisive, quickly move to implement decisions. Organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting results in the most efficient way possible. Take care of routine details. Have a clear set of logical standards, systematically follow them and want others to also. Forceful in implementing their plans.

ESFJ
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

ENTJ
Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

BuddyRey
07-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Awesome thread idea! :D

charrob
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
INFJ:

Introverted-100
Intuitive-62
Feeling-12
Judging-22

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Known as "Counselors", they have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

examples: Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Carl Jung, Emily Bronte, Martin Luther King Jr.

keh10
07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Hmm this is interesting. Bernanke, Greenspan, and Keynes were/are all INTJ. Judging from the results so far, INTJ happens to be the personality of the majority of users on this forum. Of course, Ayn Rand was also an INTJ so who knows if it means anything.

forsmant
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Im too awesome to take this test

Free Moral Agent
07-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Its interesting to note that the majority of RPFers are INTJs (I'm one!) yet this personality type only accounts for 1-4% of the general population.

libertybrewcity
07-27-2010, 03:48 AM
what's up with all the personal questions?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-27-2010, 04:28 AM
INFP.. said I was INTJ last time... hmmmm

speciallyblend
07-27-2010, 06:18 AM
IAFU/FTG they don't have that on that list!!!

healthpellets
07-27-2010, 06:48 AM
guess i'm the only ESTJ thus far.

Profile: ESTJ
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 26 Feb 2005

Every right-minded man has a philosophy of life, whether he knows it or not. Hidden away in his mind are certain governing principles, whether he formulates them in words or not, which govern his life. Surely his ideal ought to be to contribute all that he can, however little it may be, whether of money or service, to human progress.
--John D. Rockefeller, Random Reminiscences of Men and Events
ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance her self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

Some men can make decisions and some cannot. Some men fret and delay under criticism. I used to have a saying1 that applies here, and I note that some people have picked it up.
--Harry S. Truman, Mr. Citizen
1"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, coaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

Fredom101
07-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm the sole ISTP so far.
It's interesting, military-types often score highly in the 'J' category, which is why I'm not surprised to be more of a 'P'.

Natalie
08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I just got ENFJ.

Idealist Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

nate895
08-09-2010, 06:54 PM
ENTJ, but sometimes when I take the test I can be an INTJ if I'm angry at humanity for whatever reason.

t0rnado
08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Voted randomly because this is stupid.

jclay2
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Do you even need to ask. INTJ

pcosmar
08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
ENFJ

But a few of the questions could go either way.

You are more inclined to experiment than
to follow familiar approaches
Yes and no.. Sometimes I will follow a known way,,sometimes I will experiment.

There were a few questions that could be either or.

forsmant
08-09-2010, 07:44 PM
And a few questions that seemed redundant

MozoVote
08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I think the results of this can change over time. I used to be ISTJ as a teenager. (Very strong S) When I take this now in my 40's I'm INTJ. (Mild N).

Son of Detroit
08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Infj.

EndDaFed
08-10-2010, 07:33 AM
This test is too wooish for me. Sorry

Working Poor
08-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I think I am a little like all of the choices

WhiteHaven
08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
INFJ

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Kludge
08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
This test is too wooish for me. Sorry

I don't know what "wooish" means.

However, I am labeling you as an ISFP.

ChaosControl
08-10-2010, 10:45 AM
-INTJ-
Introverted 89
Intuitive 62
Thinking 12
Judging 1

You know the world would be a lot more peace if everyone was introverted.

Libertea Party
12-07-2010, 01:28 PM
bump

Condor Bastadon
12-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I got INTJ on this test....but i've gotten ISTJ on a different one before. The rarity of INTJ's leads me to believe this test is a little off...either that or the stats about the rarity of INTJ's is off.

I - 44
N - 25
T - 62
J - 56

CaliforniaMom
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I took this test back when I was in college. I was an INTJ, which my professor said is the rarest one.

cswake
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Although people can shift on their classification, this is a fascinating set of results. INTJ's are only 3 to 4% of the entire population:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=35881 (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=35881) (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=35881)

I'm sure there is some bias on who takes this poll and who visits the forum, but my hunch is that this is statistically significant. We also seem to have some of the best Presidents:

(http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=35881)http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070616063014AAWog4d (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=35881)

Some very successful presidents were INTJ's - Chester A. Arthur, Calvin Coolidge, Thomas Jefferson, John F. Kennedy, James K. Polk, and Woodrow Wilson.Wilson?! :(

bwlibertyman
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 12 50 33

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Interesting
I looked up careers (management, accounting). I'm majoring in accounting.
Famous people of your particular type
Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo

Famous ISTJs:
Thomas (Christ's disciple)

U.S. Presidents:
George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush

Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion

hazek
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 11
Intuitive 38
Thinking 50
Judging 56

Nate-ForLiberty
12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
it said INTJ.... not so sure about that. but ok.

cswake
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
The Yes/No approach might produce skewed results. Here is the same indicator, but test with a subjective scale:

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/
It also is more flexible in its assignment, showing you the two highest groupings you fall into.

BuddyRey
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow...there aren't many ENFP's on RPF's at all. I'd hate to think that the cause of freedom is DOA for ENFP's, because that would be FUBAR, IMHO.

I think I just OD'ed on acronyms, BTW.

Rael
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Intp

Kludge
12-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I got INTJ on this test....but i've gotten ISTJ on a different one before. The rarity of INTJ's leads me to believe this test is a little off...either that or the stats about the rarity of INTJ's is off.

I - 44
N - 25
T - 62
J - 56

The "N" indicator is quite low, so it's not terribly surprising that you've previously been an "S." The test is an indicator, after all, not a test which will prove one way or the other the personality of someone.

As to why INTJs dominate the poll here... The Internet probably has a higher % of Introverts for obvious reasons. "N" & "T" would be no surprise of a libertarian, who has views which are viewed by most as cold and radical. - It would seem more likely for a libertarian to be a "J," too, because it would be a prerequisite to have an interest in planning how people should live (which is essentially what politics is about -- even though libertarianism typically suggests people live how they want, it's still asserting they should have the freedom to choose).

Though I was indicated to be an INTJ the first time I took this poll a few years ago, INTP fits me perfectly -- enough that it's a bit chilling to read the descriptors.

mczerone
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
ENTJ, but sometimes when I take the test I can be an INTJ if I'm angry at humanity for whatever reason.

I used to always get Introverted, but over the years I've apparently become more Extroverted!

Also ENTJ, maybe I've learned to be a little more accepting of other people...

ChaosControl
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM
The Yes/No approach might produce skewed results. Here is the same indicator, but test with a subjective scale:

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/
It also is more flexible in its assignment, showing you the two highest groupings you fall into.

That changed my results
INFJ/INFP instead of INTJ.

Although the last two are always pretty close, I got INFP when I took the quiz in a human relations class once too.

Oh well Introversion and Intuition forever. :D

StayTrue
12-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Entp

Heimdallr
12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
wow...there aren't many enfp's on rpf's at all. I'd hate to think that the cause of freedom is doa for enfp's, because that would be fubar, imho.

I think i just od'ed on acronyms, btw.

qft

TruckinMike
12-07-2010, 07:49 PM
INTP --- in good company, Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Isaac Newton, C. G. Jung, James Madison, and Thomas Jefferson.

That test Pegged me --- I can't believe it was so accurate:D

They even got my career right...

INTPs are often happy with the following jobs which tend to match well with the Engineer/Intellectual personality.

* Artist
* Actor
* Architect
* Archaeologist
* Agent
* Consultant
* Computer Specialist
* Computer Animator
* Computer Programmer
* Engineer
* Economist
* Forestry/Park Ranger
* Financial Planner
* Historian
* Human Resources Manager
* Investigator
* Investment Banker
* Inventor
* Interpreter/Translator
* Judge
* Legal Mediator
* Logician
* Lawyer/Attorney
* Mathematician
* Musician
* Marketer
* Network Specialist
* Psychologist
* Psychiatrist
* Philosopher
* Project Manager
* Photographer
* Researcher
* Systems Analyst
* Scientist
* Strategic Planner
* Technical Writer
* Teacher/Professor
* Truck Driver

TMike:)

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
INTJ obviously. I will try the other test though.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted - Intuitive - Thinking - Judging: Strength of the preferences %
56 100 38 44

Howard_Roark
12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
FYI I have found this test (http://similarminds.com/jung.html) to be a lot better. The other is 70 something questions, which seems execessive. I find that a lot of the other sites questions are sort of wishy washy where its hard to give a decisive answer. This one is a lot better IMO.

JCF
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
INTJ... It said on the test that less than 1% had it :p

Guess it's a libertarian-esque thing.

YumYum
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
IAFU is not on there

Kludge
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
FYI I have found this test (http://similarminds.com/jung.html) to be a lot better. The other is 70 something questions, which seems execessive. I find that a lot of the other sites questions are sort of wishy washy where its hard to give a decisive answer. This one is a lot better IMO.

I just took this one and also favor it to the original. The one posted a few posts ago, however, mostly gave me answers where I agree/disagree with both. The results in this test are also more concise and not oddly formatted. I'll update the OP with the link. Thanks.

Introverted (I) 74.29% Extroverted (E) 25.71%
Intuitive (N) 70.27% Sensing (S) 29.73%
Thinking (T) 79.41% Feeling (F) 20.59%
Perceiving (P) 83.87% Judging (J) 16.13%

forsmant
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Introverted (I) 84.62% Extroverted (E) 15.38%
Sensing (S) 53.13% Intuitive (N) 46.88%
Thinking (T) 63.64% Feeling (F) 36.36%
Judging (J) 54.55% Perceiving (P) 45.45%

Your type is: ISTJ

This is from the test howard posted.

youngbuck
12-07-2010, 09:38 PM

The test in the OP said I was INTJ, and this test said I was ISTJ. I guess I'm just a little of both - some N and some S. :)

Xenophage
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm always INTP, but I question the validity or usefulness of the test. I think your psychology is impacted strongly by your philosophy.

forsmant
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm always INTP, but I question the validity or usefulness of the test. I think your psychology is impacted strongly by your philosophy.

Or the other way around

Rael
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Cool another INTP

eOs
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
INTP but I wish I approached things in a more structured manner. The right side of my brain is very dominant. INTP's, how many of you guys are left handed?

Kludge
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
INTP but I wish I approached things in a more structured manner. The right side of my brain is very dominant. INTP's, how many of you guys are left handed?

I'm right-handed, only because writing with my left hand is totally illegible.

Kludge
03-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Bump for not being bumped in a long while.

Here're the old '08 charts showing RPFs compared to gen. pop. fwiw.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2500/rpfmbtimy2.jpg

Tal
03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Im an INTP according to the test I took today and when I took this test like 3 months ago I was an INTJ.

BamaAla
03-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Introverted (I) 63.89% Extroverted (E) 36.11%
Sensing (S) 63.64% Intuitive (N) 36.36%
Thinking (T) 79.17% Feeling (F) 20.83%
Perceiving (P) 58.06% Judging (J) 41.94%

ISTP

BuddyRey
03-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Wow...I'm still one of only two ENFP's on Liberty Forest! Where are Champions/Idealists for Ron Paul?!

kpfareal
03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Hmmm...

MaxPower
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
I generally test as an ENTP, though the writing analysis program at uclassify.com judges me to be an INTP. I'm somewhere near the border between those two, anyway.

Pericles
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
ENFJ

But a few of the questions could go either way.

Yes and no.. Sometimes I will follow a known way,,sometimes I will experiment.

There were a few questions that could be either or.

Which is why these tests are not really useful - they force you to choose from a limited set of options, so you can be fit into the appropriate category, and then claim accuracy and relevance based on the fact that everyone can be categorized by the test.

MaxPower
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Taking the "Similarminds" test linked to on the front page, I came out:
Extroverted (E) 54.29% Introverted (I) 45.71%
Intuitive (N) 64.86% Sensing (S) 35.14%
Thinking (T) 57.89% Feeling (F) 42.11%
Perceiving (P) 80% Judging (J) 20%

As you can see, I come out fairly close to the midway point on the E/I continuum, and I do think both the ENTP and INTP descriptions are pretty good fits for me; I went with ENTP in this poll, based on the test.

ForLibertyFight
03-31-2011, 02:53 PM
ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

LibertyEagle
03-31-2011, 02:55 PM
INTJ

All the managers had to take the Meyers-Briggs test at one of the places I worked and it still comes out the same when I take one of these condensed online versions.

LibertyEagle
03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Awesome thread idea! :D

This was also done back during the last presidential campaign. I imagine Kludge is going to compare the numbers after this poll is closed. :)

TroySmith
03-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Istp

leonster
03-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Extroverted (E) 51.43% Introverted (I) 48.57%
Intuitive (N) 82.76% Sensing (S) 17.24%
Thinking (T) 67.57% Feeling (F) 32.43%
Perceiving (P) 90% Judging (J) 10%

Though I already knew that, actually. Interesting that my Extrovert and Introvert are so nearly 50/50. True actually... sometimes I'm one, sometimes the other, in about equal amounts. Thinker, yep. And don't care for details, but like big picture ideas and leaps of logic--Intuitive, definitely.

And I know I'm an extreme Perceiver--time has almost no meaning to me, and I see planning and rules as useless. I actually find it odd that there are many judgers here--judgers generally like having rules and structure, and my guess would have been that most libertarians were extreme Perceivers. Wrong on that guess, though.

Acala
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Which is why these tests are not really useful - they force you to choose from a limited set of options, so you can be fit into the appropriate category, and then claim accuracy and relevance based on the fact that everyone can be categorized by the test.

The fact that RPF participants show such a dramatic difference from the population at large is VERY strong evidence that this test measures "something" about human personality type and does so very effectively. I haven't run the numbers but I can tell you by looking at the charts that it is statistically a very robust result.

RonPaulIsGreat
03-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Your type is: ISTP

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

I should probably go to school to be an engineer of some sort, I've thought about it.

Tinnuhana
03-31-2011, 04:55 PM
jung-INTP 55.56 51.35 64.52 56.76

"Bad" careers: School Teacher ..Uh-oh

White Bear Lake
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
I got INTP. I've gotten ENTP before though so I'm about 50/50 intravert/extravert but I'm strongly NTP.

The most interesting thing with this here poll is it shows how strongly libertarians tend to favor N (intuition) and T (thinking). The top three result include NT. I guess that makes sense because we think and analyze how things run and we see how things would work best. MY guess is if this were DU or the Daily Kooks there would be alot of S's and F's.

It does strongly make the case that our psychology strongly affects how we view politics though.

MaxPower
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Its interesting to note that the majority of RPFers are INTJs (I'm one!) yet this personality type only accounts for 1-4% of the general population.
Not the majority; just the largest fraction.

QueenB4Liberty
03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm the sole ISTP so far.
It's interesting, military-types often score highly in the 'J' category, which is why I'm not surprised to be more of a 'P'.

I'm one as well! :)

Rocco
03-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately i clicked on the wrong one, but i'm also an ENFP (accidentally clicked ENTP). We are the CHAMPIONS of the constitution. Haha

Wow...I'm still one of only two ENFP's on Liberty Forest! Where are Champions/Idealists for Ron Paul?!

White Bear Lake
03-31-2011, 06:16 PM
The definition of INTP describes me almost 100%. They seriously nailed it. I'm not surprised most libertarians fall under the Rational category (INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ).

http://keirsey.com/4temps/architect.asp

Architects (INTP) need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

RonwasRight
03-31-2011, 07:09 PM

INTP, left handed

Agorism
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Says INTJ is 1-2% of population yet everyone here is that so either the test is messed up or there are lots of those here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaQYmqk_ho

Interesting video although I think the obsession with power is over rated and even a corrupting thought. INTJ's definitely will fight for independence, but I think this gets mixed up with a demand for power.

daviddee
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM

daviddee
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM

Kludge
04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Says INTJ is 1-2% of population yet everyone here is that so either the test is messed up or there are lots of those here.
In a psychology class I took, we were given a less condensed version of the indicator quizzes I posted in the OP. I was the only INTx (same as has been indicated 4+ times on a couple different online indicator quizzes) of the 27 or so in the class. fwiw.

(not to you, Ag ->) Again and again I repeat the test INDICATES what you are. Just because the quiz indicates you are an ENFJ, for example, it does not necessarily mean you fit into the category. Always, you must analyze yourself honestly, and ensure it fits what is described in your type description. The indicator will never be correct if you lie, and your own analysis of yourself will always be off. If you are uninterested in giving this test a chance, it will certainly waste your time.

- And even though there are 16 different combinations, it does not mean one category will wholly define your personality. There are always exceptions. We are not robots. We may have overarching beliefs in how we should act, but in examining details of our beliefs and actions (as we so often do on this forum), we find we have many differences. No test could extract the many, many subtle differences between us.

Kludge
04-01-2011, 04:41 AM
This was also done back during the last presidential campaign. I imagine Kludge is going to compare the numbers after this poll is closed. :)
Yeah. I actually have the graphs up now @ http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2222435

The '10-'11 numbers are likely particularly inaccurate because it's way before the end-date of the polls, so there's only ~1/2 an acceptable sample size.

Kludge
04-01-2011, 05:13 AM
I've also decided to poll 4chan's /b/ out of curiosity. There is a lot of ideological overlap. Perhaps there is psychological overlap, then, too.

I will make a graph to compare to RPF results. It will compare the '10-'11 results (it now has a larger sample size than the '09-'10 results), /b/'s results (will wait until at least 50 results), and the results of the general population.

RonPaulIsGreat
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Relates:46 & 2 Tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

BamaAla
04-02-2011, 01:04 AM
INTP's generally look to type themselves as INTJ's... but are rock solid INTP's.

Read the below description [purposely designed to be cutting] and it probably applies to a good bit of people who tested as INTJ on Myers Briggs online tests:

You seem to know a lot about this stuff. Do me next!

Introverted (I) 63.89% Extroverted (E) 36.11%
Sensing (S) 63.64% Intuitive (N) 36.36%
Thinking (T) 79.17% Feeling (F) 20.83%
Perceiving (P) 58.06% Judging (J) 41.94%

ISTP

eduardo89
04-02-2011, 06:03 AM
No sociopath option?

Kludge
04-02-2011, 07:30 AM
No sociopath option?
INTP

I've only been able to snag 14 results from 4chan's /b/ (not sure what I'm doing to trigger mod deletion), but of those, INTP & INTJ are both the highest scores, 3 votes each.

daviddee
04-02-2011, 08:02 AM

daviddee
04-02-2011, 08:07 AM

BamaAla
04-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Do you have a moustache (or have had a mustache for a large part of your adult life)? This is a real question as it will answer my above question pretty quickly.

No moustache, but I can't grow facial hair.

The rest of that seems fairly correct; however, I don't fancy myself miserable.

One Last Battle!
04-02-2011, 02:39 PM
ISTJ. Hooray.

axiomata
04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Not a very good idea to post your personality type in a public forum.

These tests should not be confused with some "cool" "meaningless" "fun" test.

Your personality type should be guarded. It is much easier to manipulate and interrogate a person if you know their personality type. Professionals can discern it after a period of time of interaction, background/career dissection, relationship, and even looks/body characteristics.

If you are interested in this field I highly suggest going right to Carl Jung and avoiding "Myers Briggs".

This field is based on fact and should not be treated as a horoscope.

As a side note, the amount of xNTx (rationals) was expected. I would have assumed there would have been much more xNFx (idealists).

Lastly, if you are unfamiliar with this entire topic you should heed this warning: Do not get involved with any of this if you enjoy your current world of thinking that everyone is a unique snowflake, that all relationships can be worked on, etc etc. There is only one personality you will ever truly mesh with (you are not wired to find this person - vice versa), your existing partner is probably the wrong type, there are careers you are not designed for (don't try), etc etc. This field will break you... if you are not prepared for what you will find out. I do not recommend it for most people...

Though I'm aware of the existence of various books on how to manipulate various personality types, I'm not familiar with the details.

However, I would suspect the warning you present would have precisely the opposite effect.

Fredom101
04-02-2011, 03:03 PM
If you are a REAL ISTp, the below applies. Myers Briggs sucks with Introverts as they sometimes botch the J/P. This is why INTP's mistype themselves as INTJs (aside from their mental issues).

Do you have a moustache (or have had a mustache for a large part of your adult life)? This is a real question as it will answer my above question pretty quickly.

As requested:

You can describe ISTp with one word - stingy, mean and miserable or you can do it with many - lazy. There are basically two generic variations of ISTp - happily greedy and unhappily greedy. The "happy" ISTp has slightly better developed social skills than the "unhappy" version.

The dream job for an ISTp would be the one where you can do nothing, get paid and don't have to give anything to anyone. An ISTp retailer would drive the prices up until it's just about possible to sell the goods for that price, whereas an ISTp shopper would often be seen at a car boot sale. However, this is not the only use of practical logic ISTp can be proud of. ISTps know how to do just about anything. Plumbing...sure, gardening...sure, brain surgery...piece of cake...Oops, never mind.

The most obvious thing that could give ISTps away is probably their obsession with pets. Sometimes it could reach ridiculous dimensions, turning ISTp's place into a zoo. This obsession is very closely connected with ISTp's hidden agenda. Since ISTps have unconscious need to be able to show their affection towards another, who could be a better suitable candidate for this than a pet, or better a dozen of them. People can reject your love and your good intentions, pets will never.

But here comes a twist. ISTps can often hurt the ones they love. Why would you want to do this? The one way to understand your feelings towards the loved ones is by hurting them and watching them suffer, only then you can be sure of how much you love them. Sounds cruel, but unfortunately this is the strange nature of this particular type of hidden agenda, which cannot be used as an excuse for such behaviour.

Funny. I've almost always tested as an ISTP, but none of that describes me. This reminds me of reading horoscopes.

daviddee
04-03-2011, 06:59 AM

Kludge
04-08-2011, 02:01 AM
bump

EndDaFed
04-08-2011, 05:53 AM
INTP

Introverted (I) 62.86% Extroverted (E) 37.14%
Intuitive (N) 55.88% Sensing (S) 44.12%
Thinking (T) 66.67% Feeling (F) 33.33%
Perceiving (P) 54.55% Judging (J) 45.45%

There I took the test. You were close in your guess. :O

Kludge
05-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey INTPs, anyone else find storytelling dreadfully boring? Movies in particular (though books generally aren't much better). Unless there's biting criticism of something, I get frustrated at how much the meaning is hidden with shit that supposedly makes it "credible." Dramatic (but straight-faced) pauses, unbelievably serious tones of voice, and character building (which is pretty pointless because the movie's going to end in 2 hours and the characters DON'T EXIST, so why should I give a fuck?).

With non-fiction books, there're generally 1-5 great ideas which could have been fully explained in bullet-point format within 10 pages, but to make their ideas marketable, they hide the ideas in bullshit, usually either devoting 10+ pages for examples or writing irrelevant nonsense about why the opposition is wrong even though they've already made the case why they're right (basically just restating the exact same thing over and over).

With fiction, there's generally not even a meaty idea. It's just spectacle. It's a 30-second uninteresting story drawn out to 2 hours (or longer for books).

Almost all of these could be redeemed if the author/director didn't take appear to take himself seriously, as if people are really supposed to give a flying fuck that Brad Pitt's fictional wife is delusional to create conflict so the movie can be drawn out.

This image is more useful, entertaining, and thought-provoking than every movie I have ever watched:

http://media.funlol.com/pictures/15821.jpg

Robert Anton Wilson & associates' Principia Discordia is, by far, the most insightful book I've ever read, it's a joy to read, and I think it's only something like 50 pages.

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
ENFJ
Extraverted 78
Intuitive 50
Feeling 38
Judging 22

MelissaCato
05-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Enfj

Dreamofunity
05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
This image is more useful, entertaining, and thought-provoking than every movie I have ever watched:

I use the elevator hack daily since I saw this image (randomly on the internet, not here, although nice post).

Oh, and INTP.

Johnnymac
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
"ENFJ" yea I feel like I'm right in the middle of this and somthing else... some of the things I agreed with, "feeling"... basically told me i liked being a psychologist which is true im constantly trying to help or teach people even if a certain person annoys the fuck out of me, then it said " In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements." which I agreed with because I've noticed that i get along with everyone at work, so much that they all come to me bitching and complaining about others that I also get along with but I just give them the cold shoulder to avoid drama, damn I wish our country was more like that haha. A lot of the questions I was really unsure about and had to think about if i came into a situation that applied that question, I'm still young so I'm sure it might flop to something closer but different

trey4sports
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Bump for ISTJ

Freedom 4 all
07-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Bump cause this is a really cool topic and merits more discussion.

I am one as well. It's probably not a coincidence, as it's a personality type of activists and those willing to shake up the established order. Ron Paul himself is INFJ, and so was Thomas Jefferson. Other famous INJFs include Ghandi, Chomsky, and (unfortunately) Bin Laden and Hitler.

Danke
07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
This poll will close on 07-22-2011 at 01:58 PM

sailingaway
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm trying to think which forum, and not this one, this poll should be in?

Invi
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
The last time I took this test, a couple years ago, I got INTJ.
Now I get ISTJ. Hrm.

I don't agree with this "guardian of time-honored institutions." Heh. But otherwise.. I suppose it's close enough.

dannno
07-19-2011, 06:58 PM
I wonder if there is a specific type of person who is less inclined to take these types of tests which could skew the results :confused:

DrRP08
07-19-2011, 07:12 PM
ISTJ

Introverted (I) 73.33% Extroverted (E) 26.67%
Sensing (S) 56.41% Intuitive (N) 43.59%
Thinking (T) 62.16% Feeling (F) 37.84%
Judging (J) 51.61% Perceiving (P) 48.39%

Kludge
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to think which forum, and not this one, this poll should be in?
I kept it in GenPol so the information would be public. It's where all the old polls are, as well, kept there without argument. There still isn't a public off-topic forum, where I'd like this to be.

I wonder if there is a specific type of person who is less inclined to take these types of tests which could skew the results :confused:
Probably not extroverts. Busy people, most likely, which means irregular lurkers probably aren't counted for as much as they represent. I'd say "serious" people (whether here for a "serious" agenda, or to read the news with a frown on their face) are probably less likely to even open this thread, too.

sailingaway
07-20-2011, 11:39 AM
I kept it in GenPol so the information would be public. It's where all the old polls are, as well, kept there without argument. There still isn't a public off-topic forum, where I'd like this to be.

Probably not extroverts. Busy people, most likely, which means irregular lurkers probably aren't counted for as much as they represent. I'd say "serious" people (whether here for a "serious" agenda, or to read the news with a frown on their face) are probably less likely to even open this thread, too.

Why would you want personality types, self diagnosed, of Ron Paul forums members tweeted regularly out to people? Because now every thread here is tweeted out. Seems not a good idea to me.

But I'm not answering the poll, so I guess it is the choice of those who do. But to answer a post above, yes, I think there are all kinds of people who wouldn't take this poll at all. And of course trolls could spam it.

But miscellaneous / off topic is where I think it belongs.

Kludge
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Why would you want personality types, self diagnosed, of Ron Paul forums members tweeted regularly out to people? Because now every thread here is tweeted out. Seems not a good idea to me.
I believe in the freedom of information. Do with it as you wish, though.

Acala
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM

But I'm not answering the poll, so I guess it is the choice of those who do. But to answer a post above, yes, I think there are all kinds of people who wouldn't take this poll at all. And of course trolls could spam it.

But miscellaneous / off topic is where I think it belongs.

I hadn't considered the risk that when Big Brother gets his mitts on me he will use this information to determine that it will be most effective to have the thugs interrogating me dress like clowns. *Shudder*

UWDude
07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
this is interesting INTP,

3.3% of total population.

yet, on these forums, it is 15.7%

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
bump for:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?326930-(STUDY)-What-is-the-personality-of-a-Ron-Paul-Supporter/

badger4RP
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
ENTP

eleganz
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I guess this be me! sounds like me...

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

ronpauldragonborn
09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
ENTP, I'd say this is accurate.
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

MelissaCato
09-04-2012, 06:34 PM
gezzz still only 7 ENFJ's. :rolleyes:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
gezzz still only 7 ENFJ's. :rolleyes:

Poll is closed.

BSU kid
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
If the poll wasn't closed I would be a INTP

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-06-2012, 01:05 PM
If the poll wasn't closed I would be a INTP

I'm suspicious that you're an INTP anyway. :D

And I'm not too surprised by the distribution at all. I'm a little surprised by the number of INFJs, but them being dominant intuitives, I can understand it. If ENFPs realized this place was so INTJ heavy, we'd have more of them too.

RonPaul507
10-02-2012, 02:07 PM
ESTP "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population

Lindsey
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I've taken a number of these tests over the years. I always get different results depending on how the questions are asked and depending on my mood. Overall, I think I'm just pretty balanced. (Other than I can't remember ever being **F*)

Matt Collins
10-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Click image to enlarge: