PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Book Bomb for Lindsay Lohan

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Why? - Well, it seems she has some Libertarian leanings, is feeling scr*wed over by the legal system and has a lot of time on her hands. A perfect opportunity to win another celeb to our side.

Some news about it:
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/07/08/lindsay-lohan-gets-90-day-jail-sentence/
Today, Lohan quotes from a Cato article*that critiques the American criminal justice system for its rigid and mechanical sentencing rules.* (Here are her Cato-quoting Tweets: 1, 2, 3, 4.) I have received letters from prisoners around the country who have read a Cato publication, or seen a Cato event on C-SPAN, but this is our first celebrity tweet.* The Institute is now*abuzz!

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/index/136310
Lindsay Lohan Hearts the Cato Institute
In her time of need, Lindsay Lohan is finding solace in the comforting
words of the Cato Institute. What does America’s leading libertarian
think tank have to offer America’s bad girl? A like-minded view of the
U.S. legal system, apparently.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/2516854,CST-FTR-lohan21.article
Lindsay Lohan gets a (jail)break
14-DAY SENTENCE | Judge grants respite from 90-day term due to overcrowding

Her last tweet:
http://twitter.com/lindsaylohan
the only "bookings" that i'm familiar with are Disney Films, never thought that i'd be "booking" into Jail... eeeks

btw: she was home schooled the last 2 years of high school.

So, she's stuck in a 8'x12' cell (isolation) “for her own protection” for 2 weeks at the Century Regional Detention Facility after which she goes into drug rehab somewhere for 3 months. I have verified that she is there and can receive mail.

The idea is to send her a few books: Paul, Napolitano, CATO publications, a pocket Constitution, The Creature from Jekyll Island, Common Sense, etc. You can send books (remember they have to get there in the next 1.5-2 weeks) to:

Lindsay Lohan, 2409752
Century Regional Detention Facility
11705 S. Alameda Street
Lynwood, CA 90262

The numbers after her name is her booking number, and is important if you want her to actually receive the package.

To avoid duplication, please post in this thread what book you are sending so she doesn't get 3 of one and none of another. I will update this list as people commit to sending a specific book. I'm sure autographed copies by certain, ahem, famous authors would be especially appreciated.

I'll start.

Books being sent:
= ============
Lies the Government Told You, by Napolitano

While she certainly doesn't need any of this, you can also send her phone minutes, money for snacks and care packages (hot chocolate, chilli, cookies, etc). You need this information:

Lindsay Lohan
DOB: 07/02/1986
http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

I'm sure she would also appreciate cards, letters, flowers, cakes with files in them, etc., and she would definitely appreciate prayers.

So come on peeps!, this celeb is ripe for the picking. Lets win over her political viewpoint.

-t

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Everyone should send her Healing Our World by Dr. Mary Ruwart :p

nobody's_hero
07-22-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm sure she'd appreciate it more if you cut a hole in the pages of the books and sent her cigarettes and an i-pod. She's having to go without those things while in jail.

I don't recommend that though. It ruins the books.

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 05:49 AM
She is paparazzi bait - jeez how dense are you ppl... someone like that spouting our viewpoint is a BAD thing? - GET REAL! besides her followers are the upcoming voting population. Think DISNEY STAR!!!!

Don't be STUPID!

-t

Elwar
07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
She's an Obama supporter.

payme_rick
07-22-2010, 07:51 AM
I was once a Bush supporter...

payme_rick
07-22-2010, 07:54 AM
And with these clebs, do we really know they're Obama supporters? Or are some just playing "Hollytics"?

JeNNiF00F00
07-22-2010, 08:07 AM

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 08:18 AM
She's an Obama supporter.

She offered to be a spokeswoman for Obama and was rejected. That was when he was popular. She may have not taken the rejection well. She has also seen what his policies have led to. To say that she is an Obama supporter today is a MAJOR stretch! If she is, some additional information could well chance her mind.

She is WELL worth "adopting" by the libertarian community.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Send her the books.

Will you send her one? Some are in the $5-10 range, w/ shipping. Used book source is: used.addall.com - it's a meta-search engine of used book stores.

If you will, please post what book.

thanks,

-t

JeNNiF00F00
07-22-2010, 08:45 AM

Bergie Bergeron
07-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Can she even read?

Sentient Void
07-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Healing our world in an age of aggression by Dr. Mary Ruwart is a great one, as another poster just mentioned. That was actually the book that sealed the deal for my girlfriend to convert her to a libertarian when she was a raging liberal before. As is Napolitano's 'Lies the government told you'. A pocket constitution is a good idea as well.

What are some other books that may have some relevance for her and also be structured to be an enjoyable read?

If we get a few people to pledge to donate a book each, then I'll donate one too.

If we do it, make sure to to include a great letter with it as to why you are sending her this stuff, it's importance and relevance in understanding it in the context of her situation.

JeNNiF00F00
07-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Sentient Void
07-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Or perhaps we could set up a little donation booth and then have someone send her the books, courtesy of RPF?

That too.

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Can she even read?

She excelled at math and science in 9th and 10th grade before she was homeshooled.

YES - she can read!

-t

teamrican1
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
If we do it, make sure to to include a great letter with it as to why you are sending her this stuff, it's importance and relevance in understanding it in the context of her situation.

Defending the Undefendable by Walter Block would be another good one, but I think Healing Our World should probably be the #1 priority. As a general libertarian primer to someone unfamiliar with libertarian thought it has no equal. Plus Lindsay's scumbag father seems to have really done a number on her in terms of trusting men so the fact it is written by a woman would probably appeal as well. Does anybody here know Mary personally? Perhaps we could provide her the contact info and ask her to send Lindsay an autographed copy?

rajibo
07-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Only if she signs my copy of Mean Girls.

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 02:34 PM
What is "Mean Girls"????

-t

VBRonPaulFan
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
What is "Mean Girls"????

-t

One of the many crappy movies she's been in. Yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and presume that some spoiled, out of control, alcoholic celeb is not the kind of person you'd want as the face of your movement.

dannno
07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
One of the many crappy movies she's been in. Yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and presume that some spoiled, out of control, alcoholic celeb is not the kind of person you'd want as the face of your movement.

You're like, one of those people who think that others cannot change :confused:

Maybe the reason she's so fucked up is because she is a product of a fucked up society. MAYBE if she learns the true nature of the society she is apart of she will become a better person :rolleyes:

dannno
07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm looking for my other copy of "End the Fed", hopefully it's still around here.

She has a lot of money and probably hasn't though much about the nature of it before.

VBRonPaulFan
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
You're like, one of those people who think that others cannot change :confused:

Maybe the reason she's so fucked up is because she is a product of a fucked up society. MAYBE if she learns the true nature of the society she is apart of she will become a better person :rolleyes:

That's a lot of maybes, and you're pretty presumptuous.

dannno
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Somebody should also send her "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" by Ron Paul, cause if she wanted to be Obama's spokesperson she is probably anti-war (ironically)

That's a lot of maybes, and you're pretty presumptuous.

Not really, you're the one who described her as she is then said she wouldn't make a good spokesman for the movement.. that's pretty presumptuous to me because how do you know if she studied the liberty philosophy she wouldn't become a better person as she begins to understand the nature of the world she is in?

legion
07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
She excelled at math and science in 9th and 10th grade before she was homeshooled.

YES - she can read!

-t

Really? Or is that what a highly paid publicist would like you to think.

She didn't even quote the Cato article in the correct context. She's subject to the CALIFORNIA legal system, not the federal system, and she would have been sentenced to serve time in jail irrespective of any mandatory sentencing laws because even a blind judge would see she's out of control.

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
SHe is NOT out of control - and thanks Danno!

-t

CCTelander
07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
SHe is NOT out of control - and thanks Danno!

-t

But she does enjoy self-medicating from time to time, isn't the picture of "respectability," and doesn't conform to the prudish "morality" that many in the west at least pay lip service to. So the self-righteous, judgmental, "respectability" at all costs crowd would rather die in chains than be "associated" in any way with her. Go figure.

dannno
07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
she's out of control.

lol, ya her and 50 million other teenagers :rolleyes:

Lock her up :D Lock em all up :D:eek::D:D:D:p

tangent4ronpaul
07-22-2010, 09:15 PM
lol, ya her and 50 million other teenagers :rolleyes:

Lock her up :D Lock em all up :D:eek::D:D:D:p

:D

silus
07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Send her a few books and she might read one, send her a truck full and she'll read none.

Maybe.

CCTelander
07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Send her a few books and she might read one, send her a truck full and she'll read none.

Maybe.

This is actually a very good point. Maybe she should be enrolled in the "Liberty Book of the Month Club." What? No such thing? Maybe there should be.

silus
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM
When consensus and objective reviews come together, this will create momentum needed to thrust liberty books into the mainstream. Sending her two good ones with some degree of influence behind them may be ideal.

Promontorium
07-23-2010, 03:20 AM
I like the spirit of this thread. I think a lot of people could benefit from some liberty verbage. But then this is how religious missionary work begins.

The liberty book of the month is a really cool idea (commercially) I don't know how those things work though. I suppose it could be like an informal list, or someone actually taking charge and sending books like they used to do with music with what was that company, Westinghouse? I don't know. Anyway.

Mean Girls was a good movie. It's part of why any of you know her name. The crappy films came With the fame-alcohol-drugs. Fucking celebrities. Didn't she kidnap someone while drunk and stole their car with the person in it and went on a car chase? How do you not spend a fucking minute in jail for that, but drinking at a party gets her an actual sentence?

Krugerrand
07-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Somebody should also send her "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" by Ron Paul, cause if she wanted to be Obama's spokesperson she is probably anti-war (ironically)

Not really, you're the one who described her as she is then said she wouldn't make a good spokesman for the movement.. that's pretty presumptuous to me because how do you know if she studied the liberty philosophy she wouldn't become a better person as she begins to understand the nature of the world she is in?

As we all know from my constant pushing of John Mackey ... I'm a fan on Converts for the Cause of liberty. A sizable handful of well known CCL's could really help a wider population to open themselves up to the idea.

tangent4ronpaul
07-23-2010, 08:00 AM

Maybe.

A few well chosen ones would be good. But remember, she's got to be bored out of her mind. No Internet access, looks like no TV, short visitor sessions twice a week, gray walls and solitary. Exercise privs 3 times a week. She does supposedly have a tiny window with a lousy view. At least that's what I picked up from a couple of articles. The likelihood of her reading a book, if available, is high.

Meanwhile, her presence seems to be really gumming up the works...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/entertainment/lindsay-lohan-fans-calling-in-messages-of-support-dpgonc-20100723-fc_8790295

The website reported that Lynwood Correctional Facility in Los Angeles received up to 100 calls every hour since Lohan went to jail Tuesday.

YouTube - SEND LINDSAY LOHAN CARE PACKAGE IN JAIL on iPhone 4 CELEBRITY BREAKING NEWS HOW TO NEWS VIDEO FANS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoGkRxCHDgw)

I bet the jail can't wait to get rid of her! LOL!

-t

Natalie
07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Here is what Lindsay Lohan and her lesbian gf Samantha had to say about Sarah Palin (from Lindsay's myspace page):

Sunday, September 14, 2008

UH OH!
Current mood: shocked

I really cannot bite my tongue anymore when it comes to Sarah Palin.

I couldn't be more supportive of a woman in office, but let's face it, it comes down to the person, and their beliefs, male or female.

Is it a sin to be gay? Should it be a sin to be straight? Or to use birth control? Or to have sex before marriage? Or even to have a child out of wedlock?

I find it quite interesting that a woman who now is running to be second in command of the United States, only 4 years ago had aspirations to be a television anchor. Which is probably all she is qualified to be... Also interesting that she got her passport in 2006.. And that she is not fond of environmental protection considering she's FOR drilling for oil in some of our protected land.... Well hey, if she wants to drill for oil, she should DO IT IN HER OWN backyard. This really shows me her complete lack of real preparation to become the second most powerful person in this country.

Hmmmm-All of this gets me going-Fear, Anxiety, Concern, Disappointment, and Stress come into play...

Is our country so divided that the Republicans best hope is a narrow minded, media obsessed homophobe?

I know that the most important thing about this election is that people need to exercise their right to vote, regardless of their choice... I would have liked to have remained impartial, however I am afraid that the "lipstick on a pig" comments will overshadow the issues and the fact that I believe Barack Obama is the best choice, in this election, for president...

Palin's Desire to "save and convert the gays"-really??

According to this Associated Press story, the church of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is hosting a kind of conference devoted to the "conversion of Gays" -- no kidding.

Here's the AP text:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) ? Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed since she was a child.

Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.

http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palins-church-hosts-anti-gay.html

I feel it's necessary for me to clarify that I am not against Sarah Palin as a mother or woman.

Women have come a long way in the fight to have the choice over what we do with our bodies... And its frightening to see that a woman in 2008 would negate all of that.

Oh, and...Hint Hint Pali Pal- Don't pose for anymore tabloid covers, you're not a celebrity, you're running for office to represent our, your, my COUNTRY!

And in the words of Pamela Anderson, "She can suck it"..

Lindsay- "I have faith that this country will be all that it can be with the proper guidance. I really hope that all of you make your decisions based on the facts and what feels right to you in your heart-vote for obama!"

Samantha- "I love this country- however i wasn't born here and don't have the right to vote- so i beg of you all to really do your research and be educated when you cast your vote this coming november.... and if you're in doubt- vote for obama! Mainly because if she gets elected my green card probably won't get renewed!!!"

xoxo
Lindsay and Samantha

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/14/lindsay-lohan-and-sam-ron_n_126271.html

tangent4ronpaul
07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Here is what Lindsay Lohan and her lesbian gf Samantha had to say about Sarah Palin (from Lindsay's myspace page):

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/14/lindsay-lohan-and-sam-ron_n_126271.html

Meh...

I could really care less about her personal life and only recently found out she was bi. btw: they broke up. Just like her is some movies I've seen and some of her music.

As to Palin and "converting gay ppl" - I didn't know that, but it makes me much less likely to consider voting for her. On drilling, I'm in Palin's camp. I do know Lohan's 2 pet projects are wildlife rescue and ending child trafficking in India.

So, she was an Obama supporter prior to the election and arround the nomination. Obama had something like a 65% approval rating back then. Now it's 40%. Is Lohan in the 40% that still approve of his job performance or the 25% that have lost faith in him? Dunno - haven't found anything about her talking about him since then.

She seems on our side about what you put in your body is your business - Obama is invasive here.
She's anti-torture - Obama is continuing Bush's policies of rendition and torture
She's anti-war (I believe) - Obama expanded Afghanistan and is looking at invading other countries.
She smokes 2 packs of cigs a day - Obama has a war on smokers.
etc.

There are a lot of areas where she would like our side.

-t