PDA

View Full Version : former National Review editor now supporting Libertarians

emazur
07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2010/07/former-publisher-of-the-national-review-endorses-libertarian-john-jay-myers/#comments
Article mentions how he endorsed Libertarian John Jay Myers for U.S. House of Rep 32. Myers also posted this interesting tidbit in the comments:

In a blog defending his support towards me he wrote:

“Well, I told people to send money. So I did myself. On the basis of their records and not their rhetoric (Pete Sessions is now a Tea Partier!), both parties are committed to a permanent warfare state, pork, pandering, and debt. So let’s give the Libertarians a try. Now that I’m at it, I may send Rand Paul a donation too. Even though he is running (sigh) as a Republican.”

kkassam
07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Publisher, not editor. A distinction with a difference.

Matt Collins
07-22-2010, 05:19 AM
There are segments of the NR that are slowly starting to possibly reach out to the more limited-government wing. This is a good thing.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-22-2010, 06:00 AM
There are segments of the NR that are slowly starting to possibly reach out to the more limited-government wing. This is a good thing.

This means nothing as long as a D is in power. I can guarantee you that the NR will about face the moment a R gets in power. We should expose those who read the NR to the Freeman, Free-Market, Quarterly Journal of Libertarian Studies, etc.