PDA

View Full Version : Something I thought of last night (blowback related)

Phenom24
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
You know, I realized last night that if I were to ask pretty much every Republican voter I know about Iraq and WMD's - nobody would say "They didn't have them."

And I would ask why - because we had intelligence to give us hints as to what they were up to... Where did the intel come from? CIA.

Now, whenever I say the words "They hate us because we're over there..." these same people blow a gasket. They look at me like I've got two heads and scream "That's what all the liberals say!!!!!!"

Well, I just ordered Ghost Wars, We Sold our Souls for Saudi Oil, and Imperial Hubris - why is it that these long-time operatives within the CIA come back from the area and basically say that "THEY HATE US BECAUSE WE'RE OVER THERE" and nobody believes them??? They were fine to believe when they reported Iraq had WMD, but not good enough to rely on when we say what the mindset of the people is in the Middle East?

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm."

Corydoras
10-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure how to get through to delusional people. LOL

ProtusMose
10-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Technically, they DID have the WMDs at some point. They admitted as such to the UN back in the 90s and were given a timeline and procedures for the destruction of their stockpile. Later on, on multiple occasions, the UN came back and asked for the previously requested proof of destruction and were met with, "We can't prove anything, but trust us, we got rid of everything." Whether they actually destroyed them or just shipped them to Syria on flatbeds. This gave the warhawks their ammo to say, "They can't prove they got rid of them, so they MUST still be there!"