PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ron Pauls security?

syborius
10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
This is getting a bit outrageous. He needs better protection. Each rally he now has 1000+ people, where is his damn security detail. He should have at least 5 guys watching his back at all times. I just watched the clip at the Grand Hyatt Hotel where he walked with the crowd and it just looked like his accountant was with him, and some rather unhealthy chap. This is pathetic. For the love of God, can't he get better security around him? :eek:

terlinguatx
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM

ctb619
10-15-2007, 01:17 PM
He has a full-time security guy with him all the time. What are you worried about? Most the the people in those crowds would take a bullet for him.

Starks
10-15-2007, 01:17 PM
He has a full-time security guy with him all the time. What are you worried about? Most the the people in those crowds would take a bullet for him.

I'm glad to know that he does have at least one professional body guard.

davidhperry
10-15-2007, 01:18 PM
He does have 5 guys watching him at all times. His chief of security, Carl, travels with him where ever they go. Once there, Carl coordinates with local law enforcement and/or private security companies for protection. Trust me, they are very concerned about Ron's safety - very concerned. It kind of shocked me (in a good way) how concerted they were being about his safety. Carl knows his stuff, and he's an awesome guy!

syborius
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM

I know he wants to be accessible, but with the risk he is taking, and how powerful his message is, you need to weigh all this into consideration. He needs more people so he doesn't end up like all the other prophets on crusade for peace..

Phenom24
I was going to say, heck yeah, people in the crowd would jump to his aid in a heartbeat...

spivey378
plane crashes are how most assassinations take place

6 of the guys that were associated with the nukes flying over america are now dead

paul changes everything. i hope he names someone to carry the torch and they are crooked like LBJ

syborius
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
He does have 5 guys watching him at all times. His chief of security, Carl, travels with him where ever they go. Once there, Carl coordinates with local law enforcement and/or private security companies for protection. Trust me, they are very concerned about Ron's safety - very concerned. It kind of shocked me (in a good way) how concerted they were being about his safety. Carl knows his stuff, and he's an awesome guy!

That's a little reassuring I suppose, but that walk just looked poorly planned, and really dangerous. I think they need to plan these things out a bit better...

ctb619
10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
6 of the guys that were associated with the nukes flying over america are now dead

what?

American
10-15-2007, 01:22 PM

paul changes everything. i hope he names someone to carry the torch and they are crooked like LBJ

6 now huh?

Do you have any links for this. I knew about 3, but I hadnt heard that 6 of them are now dead.

kylejack
10-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Ron Paul's security guy is one tough looking dude. He's standing just to the left of Ron Paul from the viewer's perspective in the final shot of the A New Hope video. You see him all the time in the videos once you know what you're looking for. He stays right next to Paul all the time.

joshuastjohn
10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Chipin to get Ron Paul a popemobile? :)

libertarianguy
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
test

Hope
10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
It's not the people around him that are the concern. If someone is going to try to assasinate him, odds are that it will be with a rifle from several hundred feet away. Most likely, there are plain clothes security guys around Ron Paul and the rest are in the rafters so to speak, looking out for him.

syborius
Chipin to get Ron Paul a popemobile? :)

When walking around he should be in a cocoon of body guards. The stakes are too high for something to go wrong.

libertarianguy
test

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't think this is the type of thing that should be discussed in an open public forum. I motion that the mods close and delete this thread.

libertarianguy
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
test

syborius
10-15-2007, 01:30 PM
It's not the people around him that are the concern. If someone is going to try to assasinate him, odds are that it will be with a rifle from several hundred feet away. Most likely, there are plain clothes security guys around Ron Paul and the rest are in the rafters so to speak, looking out for him.

That's my point, just trying to be subtle about it. If he has bodyguards around him it is hard to get a good shot on a moving target.

syborius
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
yes delete this thread and send private messages

Yeah, lets close the thread...might be some sensitive info. here

ctb619
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Yes, I'm sure potential assassins are taking notes.

terlinguatx

Lord Xar

Elaborate on that? 6 of the guys... huh?

spivey378
im glad that he is polling low now even tho we know support is high. once he become a bigger contender, the powers at be will not be pleased.

i pray for him and his ideas. there are a lot of people threatened by what he says, but we are many and they are few.

American
10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Elaborate on that? 6 of the guys... huh?

I knew about this one.
http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=10465

and I know 2 of them died before the air base incident but I dont know about the other 3, what gives. Lets move this to hot topix and give me the goods.

I found this, http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/3774

spivey378
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
no links on that, heard it on coast to coast am

actually, look up sean david morton, he reported it. it may have been three, tho, i t was 4 in the morning........

terlinguatx
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM

JMann
10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure John Edwards didn't have secret service protection until was selected by John F. Kerry as his VP. Edward's lived a few blocks from me at the time (in his million dollar house) prior to moving into his 5 million dollar estate. The road in front of his house is a residential 'cut through' and after being selected as VP you couldn't drive down that road when he was in town. Thankfully that wasn't very much but it was a real hassle. I don't think Buchanan got protection until after securing the Reform Party nomination.

I could be wrong put I think you have to be a nominee to get protection but it seems like a sitting Senator or Congressman would be able to get some federal protection. But I don't even think former VP's, like Algore get protection.

libertarianguy
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
test

kylejack
10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure John Edwards didn't have secret service protection until was selected by John F. Kerry as his VP. Edward's lived a few blocks from me at the time (in his million dollar house) prior to moving into his 5 million dollar estate. The road in front of his house is a residential 'cut through' and after being selected as VP you couldn't drive down that road when he was in town. Thankfully that wasn't very much but it was a real hassle. I don't think Buchanan got protection until after securing the Reform Party nomination.

I could be wrong put I think you have to be a nominee to get protection but it seems like a sitting Senator or Congressman would be able to get some federal protection. But I don't even think former VP's, like Algore get protection.

Obama has Secret Service protection right now.

JMann
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Obama has Secret Service protection right now.

Thanks... I bet sitting Sen and Cong can request and based on perceived threat the SS will make the call if it is needed. If Obama does I would bet Hill does too.

Elwar
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
2 words: ninjas

constituent
10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I pity the fool that tries to attack Dr. Paul amidst his throng of supporters.

exactly. i'm sure he's been workin' on the quick draw mcgraw too.

rg123
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=spivey378;274740]plane crashes are how most assassinations take place

Do you have any links on that. That's big news 6 guys dead allready involved with that is not an accident.

Lord Xar
10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=spivey378;274740]plane crashes are how most assassinations take place

Do you have any links on that. That's big news 6 guys dead allready involved with that is not an accident.

don't you find it interesting that MOST news stories are not actually reported.. instead we get "fluff" to placate the masses while those in control manipulate and cajole.

Adamsa
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
The crowds that follow him around the country are probably better protection then any bodyguards. :D

jgmaynard
10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
He's safe as long as he is in NH - There's enough people packing in any of the Granite State crowds to repel a small army. :O)

JM

Original_Intent
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
This thread reminded me of an old Hopi prophecy:

"According to prophecy, the day will come when people in high places will be hunted. This will get out of control. The hunting will gather strength and spread. This situation might even erupt on our land. Finally, this will lead us to the Biblical version of Armageddon (the Hopi version is closely related). A final decisive battle between good and evil. This will occur under one God or Chief. The prophets say we will speak one language and that this will happen in Hopiland, in the village of Oraibi , where the new life plan will be drawn, in the pattern and cycle of religion. Here also a final decision will be made for the wicked. They will be beheaded and speak no more. If this does not materialize there will be a total destruction through the acts of man or nature. Then new life will begin from a girl and a boy. This is a frightening prophecy and will not be supported by many.

I would say one way for this prophecy to come true would be for Ron Paul to be killed. I think that many of us would not rest until not only the trigger man, but anyone and everyone responsible was brought to justice.

Not that I believe the prophecy - just that reading this thread triggered in my mind what would happen *if* something were to happen to Ron.

KingTheoden
10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
When walking around he should be in a cocoon of body guards. The stakes are too high for something to go wrong.

Aside from his professional security detail, he is in a cocoon of guards. If someone were to try something, he would never make it away from the scene. Thousands of Ron Paul fanatics would prevent any would-be assassin from succeeding or at the very least prevent the escape of the assailant. I think HQ has things under control in this department, though there is nothing wrong with bringing up this issue of course.

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
CAN WE PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD?!?!?! :confused: