Baptist
07-21-2010, 07:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/thealexjoneschannel#p/u/3/a4M2luaVbtQ

photos
http://justicefordunkin.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDunkin

TruckinMike
07-21-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't just stomp "Dunkin" to death. At least the little fella' had a chance. That is, if you consider being chased by rogue(s) cops across a busy highway a chance... :mad:

TMike

Rogue
Pronunciation: \ˈrōg\
Function: noun
1 : vagrant, tramp
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel

Baptist
07-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't just stomp "Dunkin" to death. At least the little fella' had a chance. That is, if you consider being chased by rogue(s) cops across a busy highway a chance... :mad:

TMike

Rogue
Pronunciation: \ˈrōg\
Function: noun
1 : vagrant, tramp
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel

Most fit #2.

John Taylor
07-21-2010, 11:27 AM
A couple things here... this woman doesn't have to have her Miranda Warnings read to her until she is questioned and interrogated. She was arrested, but not interrogated, so Miranda does not apply.

The "gentle creature" was not killed by the police, it was killed by traffic after it ran unto the highway. Now, I don't know why these officers pulled this woman over, perhaps it was for excessive speed, anything over 83 miles per hour in AZ by law (remember that near Sedona the speed limit is 75 miles per hour, so if someone is only going 8 miles over the limit, that is an arrestable offense in AZ), but perhaps they let her go after her dog was killed. These officers obviously made an attempt to get her dog, and to prevent it from being injured. Under the law, police may restrain people they are arresting and/or detaining in handcuffs, which inevitably do leave bruising. Furthermore, her going off screaming about the ADA and why she was being detained would only increase the reasonable suspicon of police officers to search the vehicle, and to detain and question this woman.

None of this is to say that I believe that this woman should have initially been stopped initially, or that the police acted appropriately, but we are only being presented with one, limited, and understandably biased perspective of what occurred on that highway. We don't know if she was quite possibly going 85 miles per hour out in the flat desert... as the flow of traffic routinely does... or not.

Kylie
07-21-2010, 02:41 PM
This is why I always have a leash in my car. And will flat out refuse to have my car searched while my animals are in it.

I know this is one side of the story, and that the others may change the context of the situation, but my emotional side has already taken hold of the fact that they(inadvertently as it may be) caused her dog to die.

I rescue dogs from the pound and find them new homes. I do what I can to save those little guys, and have had more than one end up in service work. It kills me to know that this situation was avoidable.

phill4paul
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Since when have cops been allowed to "gag" people? This is a new one on me and one I think would come with serious liabilities with regards to choking.

John Taylor
07-21-2010, 03:14 PM
This is why I always have a leash in my car. And will flat out refuse to have my car searched while my animals are in it.

I know this is one side of the story, and that the others may change the context of the situation, but my emotional side has already taken hold of the fact that they(inadvertently as it may be) caused her dog to die.

I rescue dogs from the pound and find them new homes. I do what I can to save those little guys, and have had more than one end up in service work. It kills me to know that this situation was avoidable.

It could easily be this, and if so, it is a kind of brutality that defines someone's heart as evil---at least in my book.

TruckinMike
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I will never give the benefit of doubt to a government employee. Or call one for help.

TMike