PDA

View Full Version : Census Worker Stopped by my house tonight

rp4prez
07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
So the Census worker finally stopped by my house this evening. I actually mailed in my form with the bare minimum amount of information. Meaning I just said I was the only person living in the house. Nothing else about me at all what-so-ever.

What sucks about the guy coming tonight was that he kept pressing for information. I told him all he needed to know was that there was only one person in my house, which was true, and that he didn't need anything else from me.

But who knows what that A**H**** is going to filling for me. Makes me so mad those pricks. Now they know my race, etc. :mad::mad::mad:

thehunter
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I know that there's been quite a deal of discussion about the 2010 census lately (I first caught wind of it when I was working for the company which provides the software behind the door-to-door PDAs that keep on crashing -- I left for a reason!), but as a Canadian, can I ask what the "official" rules are for how this doorway conversation works? Does the worker become the final judge on what your census says? What powers are they given over you during the process?

Thanks!:)

libertybrewcity
07-20-2010, 08:58 PM
I know that there's been quite a deal of discussion about the 2010 census lately (I first caught wind of it when I was working for the company which provides the software behind the door-to-door PDAs that keep on crashing -- I left for a reason!), but as a Canadian, can I ask what the "official" rules are for how this doorway conversation works? Does the worker become the final judge on what your census says? What powers are they given over you during the process?

Thanks!:)

The census workers cannot put down information that they don't ask for. I am sure some workers put down information that is obvious like race, or of hispanic origin, but they are not supposed to. Sometimes workers falsify information, and that is one of the mains why the census is still going on, months after it started.

rp4prez
07-20-2010, 09:04 PM
The census workers cannot put down information that they don't ask for. I am sure some workers put down information that is obvious like race, or of hispanic origin, but they are not supposed to. Sometimes workers falsify information, and that is one of the mains why the census is still going on, months after it started.

See and what really ticks me off about it is that I was watering my flower beds with my 3 y/o daughter and the guy was "hanging around" while she and I were putting everything away. Just standing there staring and being really creepy.

I even asked him why he was here asking me these questions b/c I sent the damn thing in months ago. :mad::mad:

free1
07-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Not true. Anything they can observe is usable information.

No law says you have to open your door.

But if you are outside already......

NO TRESPASSING!

I asked you to leave!

JohnnyRocko
07-21-2010, 09:33 AM
We just had our fourth visit today. This time they were interrogating us about our neighbors. Kinda creepy.

Elwar
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Now they know my race, etc. :mad::mad::mad:

How do they know your race?

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/21/news/photos_stories/ihegboro--300x450.jpg

Elwar
07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
I went through the full census questionairre with my census worker. I told him to put down "refused" for everything except for amount of people living at my residence.

runningdiz
07-21-2010, 10:32 AM
So the Census worker finally stopped by my house this evening. I actually mailed in my form with the bare minimum amount of information. Meaning I just said I was the only person living in the house. Nothing else about me at all what-so-ever.

What sucks about the guy coming tonight was that he kept pressing for information. I told him all he needed to know was that there was only one person in my house, which was true, and that he didn't need anything else from me.

But who knows what that A**H**** is going to filling for me. Makes me so mad those pricks. Now they know my race, etc. :mad::mad::mad:

why did you bother to answer the door? They have come three times to my place and i never answered the door if I was home.

I think the biggest mistake people made was filling out the form and not answering all of the questions. As people on the inside have said if you chose to partially fill out the form it will automatically raise flags and it will bring more attention to yourself then just not filling it out at all. Everyone on here who are being harassed again are the ones who decided just to answer the one question. It should come as no surprise you are being targeted by the government like this. Many people with inside information said this would be the consequence.

I did not bother to fill it out and only had the three visits that the census workers are supposed to do and nothing extra.

JeNNiF00F00
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
How do they know your race?

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/21/news/photos_stories/ihegboro--300x450.jpg

looks like someone cheated on her husband.

thehunter
07-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the details everyone. Sounds Blue Eagle/ Civilian Conservation Corps-esque to me.

rp4prez
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
why did you bother to answer the door? They have come three times to my place and i never answered the door if I was home.

I think the biggest mistake people made was filling out the form and not answering all of the questions. As people on the inside have said if you chose to partially fill out the form it will automatically raise flags and it will bring more attention to yourself then just not filling it out at all. Everyone on here who are being harassed again are the ones who decided just to answer the one question. It should come as no surprise you are being targeted by the government like this. Many people with inside information said this would be the consequence.

I did not bother to fill it out and only had the three visits that the census workers are supposed to do and nothing extra.

Good information to have. I did not know. Unfortunately for me I was already outside and this guy saw me. They'll be back I guess since I refused to answer any of the other questions. I'll make sure not to answer the door and hopefully I won't be outside.

runningdiz
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Good information to have. I did not know. Unfortunately for me I was already outside and this guy saw me. They'll be back I guess since I refused to answer any of the other questions. I'll make sure not to answer the door and hopefully I won't be outside.

Yeah they cant do anything against you for not answering your door. If you are outside just ignore them and go inside. They don't have the power to do anything.

Someone also mentioned that the fines have never been enforced as well.

free1
07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
We just had our fourth visit today. This time they were interrogating us about our neighbors. Kinda creepy.
Your neighbor is not answering his door! Good for him!

Probably a good guy to get to know!

I would say "I know nothing.... nothing" like Sergeant Schultz says on Hogan's Heroes!

Why would I want to spy on my friends for the government?

Good information to have. I did not know. Unfortunately for me I was already outside and this guy saw me.

That's all they need, they can enumerate you from the street and not bother you at all.

The homeless get more respect than we do! They count heads at the homeless shelter from across the room! The government trains them to do it that way.

torchbearer
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
i had a lady come by my house for the census.
she was shaking bad.
When she asked me about race, i told her i wasn't sure.
she said it was up to me. no answer is wrong. i told her i am african.
she did not question my answer. in fact, every answer she got was of the most literally form.

acptulsa
07-22-2010, 04:59 PM
I sent in the census form, but I only answered questions directly related to the Constitutionally mandated nose count. I answered no others. In an undeniable waste of tax dollars, they sent someone around just the other day. She got no more answers than were on the form I sent in, though she also got an explanation about why I don't care to answer the other ones.

She told me to keep up the good work. I didn't ask if that was because she was just glad to find a libertarian who was civil to her, or if she found merit in my point of view. I was a little busy being shocked to hear it, to be honest.