PDA

View Full Version : The Inheritance Tax and Progressive Thought

AlexMerced
07-20-2010, 06:37 PM
YouTube - The Inheritance Tax and Progressive Thought (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6bjvmCIAc)

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 07:08 PM
How much would be a just inheritance tax? Looking at inheritance as a gift or not, the protection afforded to billionaires by the US to earn mega amounts of money should be considered. Not only that, we should consider the laws they bought for themselves through their lobbyists in congress that were written in their favor. Without the protections and laws written in their favor, they would not have been able to make and keep as much money as they did.

Take Bill Gates, he's worth say $50 billion, how much of that money do we let his family keep after he is dead?

I say 1/3 for everything over $25 million. If he dies before the end of the year, the people get nothing.

Alex, your room is messy and cluttered. Clean it.

AlexMerced
07-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I just cleaned my room, it looks meessy cause you can see my folded clothes in the back cabinet (and on top) and the bags of ties on my plastic tubs... NYC doesn't give you much living space so I no where else to put the stuff in my sardine can of an apartment.

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I just cleaned my room, it looks meessy cause you can see my folded clothes in the back cabinet (and on top) and the bags of ties on my plastic tubs... NYC doesn't give you much living space so I no where else to put the stuff in my sardine can of an apartment.I can imagine what it looked like before it was cleaned. Nice high walls though.

Koz
07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
How about letting people keep thier money and do what they want with it because they earned it.

When you come out with a revolutionary operating systerm and make billions I think you should be able to keep it.

Alex, keep your room as messy as you want.

james1906
07-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I just cleaned my room, it looks meessy cause you can see my folded clothes in the back cabinet (and on top) and the bags of ties on my plastic tubs... NYC doesn't give you much living space so I no where else to put the stuff in my sardine can of an apartment.

Do we need a chip in for you so you can buy a dresser?

AlexMerced
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
I can afford a dress I have nowhere to put it I have two already... I just have way to many clothes, like all those bags on the tubs are just ties... and all the clothes you can see in the background are the clothes I havn't worn yet.

NYC has made me a shopaholic, I'm trying to stimulate the economy, lolz