PDA

View Full Version : Club for Growth Launches First TV Ad for Justin Amash - Exposes one of his opponents!

MRoCkEd
07-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Found this on C4G's youtube channel:

YouTube - "Tax" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vszNfsKc8SI)

Looks like their plan is to take down Justin's greatest rival.

The last poll, before Amash started running radio ads and sending mailers had him in 2nd place, a couple of points behind Bill Hardiman with 48% of voters undecided.

News Story:
http://www.wfrv.com/news/michigan/98846584.html

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — An anti-tax group is running a TV ad against 3rd District Republican congressional candidate Bill Hardiman.

The 15-second ad was released Tuesday by Club for Growth and will air throughout the district.

It calls Hardiman "pro-tax" and "not what we need in Congress" and displays his picture next to that of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

A message seeking comment was left for Hardiman's campaign on Tuesday.

He is a state senator from Kentwood and one of five Republicans running in the Aug. 3 primary.

Club for Growth has endorsed state Rep. Justin Amash of Kent County's Cascade Township in the primary.

Republican U.S. Rep. Vernon Ehlers (AY'-luhrz) of Grand Rapids is retiring, leaving the 3rd District seat open.

Bergie Bergeron
07-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Hope it's the first of many !

Dark Aerow
07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Awesome ad! Maybe some of those Hardiman yard signs will start disappearing. :D

I posted this ad on the dailypaul forum, I more or less copied your post, hope you don't mind.

Michigan11
07-20-2010, 07:57 PM
That's a powerful ad.. should wakeup some voters, especially within the business community, many who are pretty pissed off with all the taxes/regulations in the state. This is great timing with less than 2 weeks to go.

Kotin
07-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I have become quit optimistic about Justin Amash's chances.. And he seems like a great potential congressman from what I know about his record in the state house.. This guy really came out of nowhere..:cool:

Michigan11
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I have become quit optimistic about Justin Amash's chances.. And he seems like a great potential congressman from what I know about his record in the state house.. This guy really came out of nowhere..:cool:

+1776

He really has... a great voting record and potential to win this. :cool:

biles1234
07-20-2010, 09:37 PM
:D

brenden.b
07-20-2010, 10:02 PM
How's the district looking sign-wise? I mean, signs don't matter that much, but they do give a general idea.

biles1234
07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Depends where you go, I would say overall Amash has the sign advantage.

Hardiman does very well in Wyoming and Kentwood, where he was former mayor

Heacock has a strong appearance in some affluent Grand Rapids neighborhoods and East Grand Rapids

Amash dominates most of the suburbs and rural areas like Barry and Ionia county

angelatc
07-21-2010, 09:32 AM

I don't think that's fair. He did not come out of nowhere. He spent a term in the state house, and made some very good impressions on some important people in the party during the time he spent there.

He is working very hard on winning elections, but he worked equally hard on his education and career before he entered politics.

Maybe he makes it look easy, but he didn't just "come out of nowhere."