PDA

View Full Version : Whooping Cough Is Now An Epidemic In California

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Whooping Cough Is Now An Epidemic In California

By MARIANNE RUSS, CALIFORNIA CAPITAL NETWORK

July 20, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Whooping cough is now an epidemic in California – and state health officials are pushing a more aggressive vaccination policy.

So far this year, nearly 1500 Californians have been infected with whooping cough – also known as pertussis. That’s five times more than this time last year.

"We are facing what could be the worst year for pertussis in California in about 50 years,” said Gil Chavez, the state’s epidemiologist.

Chavez says they’re expanding vaccine recommendations. He says anyone seven or older who’s not immunized should be– including those over 64.

And Chavez says it’s critical for pregnant women to get the vaccine, because infants are most at risk. Five have died this year. Chavez says adults who’ve had the shot as a child still need the vaccine:

“Immunity from vaccination wanes over time – and immunity from natural disease also wanes over time, so boostering people for vaccine with pertussis is also very very important,” said Chavez.

Chavez says that’s why the disease tends to run in cycles – as immunity wanes every five years or so.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/jul/20/whooping-cough-now-epidemic-california/

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
How many people actually died from the infamous H1N1 flu?
---
6th Whooping Cough Death Confirmed In California
LOS ANGELES (AP) ―

A third baby has died of whooping cough in Los Angeles County, bringing the total to six deaths this year in California.

Health officials on Tuesday did not immediately have further details about the death.

Whooping cough has become an epidemic in California, which has recorded about 1,500 cases through July 13. That's a fivefold increase over the same period last year.

The five previous deaths involved Latino babies under 3 months of age who were too young to be immunized.

Jonathan Fielding, the county's health director, urges parents and caretakers to get vaccinations to avoid any more deaths.

A typical case may appear similar to a common cold for up to two weeks, followed by weeks or months of coughing fits that sometimes end with a whooping sound.

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Why doesn't California just make them stop the cemtrail spraying?

JeNNiF00F00
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
:D

Krugerrand
07-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I can hear the board meeting conversation now:

"As you all know, we're not bringing any any cash from H1N12 anymore. We need another vaccine cash cow. Ideally, for this next one, we won't have to spend money on R&D. "

Bob, sitting in the back, suggests just pushing something they have a surplus of on the shelf.

Whooping cough vaccine is on the shelf. Bob gets a raise.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Here in SC they have been putting up whooping cough vaccine propaganda like CRAZY.

I am as skeptical as anyone about the need for most medical procedures and drugs. But whooping cough is going around. I had it a couple of years ago. I would take the vaccination before going through that again...

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-07-27-pertussis27_st_N.htm

In the midst of what could be the largest whooping cough outbreak in more than 50 years — and the death of six infants under 3 months of age — California health officials are recommending booster shots for nearly everyone in the state, especially health care workers, parents and anyone who may come in contact with babies.

Nearly 1,500 Californians this year have been diagnosed with whooping cough — five times the normal level for this time of year, state health officials say. Doctors are investigating another 700 possible cases. Many more may have had the infection, which often goes undiagnosed or unreported.

MelissaWV
07-26-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-07-27-pertussis27_st_N.htm

In the midst of what could be the largest whooping cough outbreak in more than 50 years — and the death of six infants under 3 months of age — California health officials are recommending booster shots for nearly everyone in the state, especially health care workers, parents and anyone who may come in contact with babies.

Nearly 1,500 Californians this year have been diagnosed with whooping cough — five times the normal level for this time of year, state health officials say. Doctors are investigating another 700 possible cases. Many more may have had the infection, which often goes undiagnosed or unreported.

I think part of the problem is the diagnosis levels. Are a lot more people on assistance, which means they are getting a "free" diagnosis? I would personally get the booster (I already had the initial vaccine anyways; it's nothing new), but I wouldn't be preachy at people who don't want it. Diseases are making comebacks. It's starting to make me wonder about the entire thought process behind vaccination, and not just from a chemical standpoint. Did these diseases just ebb together with the vaccinations being fairly efficient? Are they now making a resistant comeback?

I saw on the news where dengue is now suspected to be around in South and Central Florida. This isn't really a common thing. Then again, years ago there were alarm bells about sleeping sickness and other such mosquito-carried illnesses.

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I think part of the problem is the diagnosis levels. Are a lot more people on assistance, which means they are getting a "free" diagnosis? I would personally get the booster (I already had the initial vaccine anyways; it's nothing new), but I wouldn't be preachy at people who don't want it. Diseases are making comebacks. It's starting to make me wonder about the entire thought process behind vaccination, and not just from a chemical standpoint. Did these diseases just ebb together with the vaccinations being fairly efficient? Are they now making a resistant comeback?

Welcome back. ;)

When I caught it, the Doctor pretty much refused to officially make the diagnosis, probably so he wouldn't have to file the extra paperwork. Like anything, official stats usually severely under count actual cases.

For whooping cough, it's lack of vaccination that is causing the outbreak. Immunity only lasts around 10 years, so a lot of the outbreaks are among tweens and High Schoolers. They never really focused on vaccinations for anyone but infants and small children.

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Looks like pressure to close the non-vaccination loopholes...

http://calcoastnews.com/2010/07/california-law-helps-whooping-cough-spread/

California law helps whooping cough spread
July 26, 2010 5:59 am

The recent rash in cases of whooping cough in California underscores some legal loopholes that experts say are helping the disease to spread. [California Watch]

California is currently one of eleven states that do not require school children to get a booster shot when they enter middle school–the time when their original childhood booster shots tend to wear off.

Public health officials are urging children aged 7 and older to be vaccinated against whooping cough, especially those who spend time around infants. Thus far in 2010, six babies have died of whooping cough.

The other loophole involves the right of California parents to cite personal beliefs as the reason for skipping vaccinations when their children first start kindergarten.

According to medical experts, the system in California is set up so that it is easier for parents to merely check a box indicating no vaccination wanted, than it is to complete the school immunization form that requires a health care clinician to obtain the child’s medical records.

The problem is that states that make it easier to exempt from whooping cough vaccinations see 90 percent more cases than other states.

At the same time, a 2009 study discovered that children who are not vaccinated for whooping cough are 23 times more likely to get it.

Research has shown that parents who cite personal beliefs in exempting children from vaccines are older, wealthier and more educated than parents who vaccinate.

Kylie
07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I wonder if these three babies under 3 mos. old were being nursed by their mothers or if they were bottle fed?

I've always thought that breastfeeding would give the children immunities to diseases and sicknesses like this.

awake
07-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I would say that packing thousands of kids in the prison buildings and forcing them to co-mingle in the general population has a spreading effect. Vaccines are seen as a solution to government mass housing of the young mind.

awake
07-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I wonder if these three babies under 3 mos. old were being nursed by their mothers or if they were bottle fed?

I've always thought that breastfeeding would give the children immunities to diseases and sicknesses like this.

Breaking of the immunities link via breast milk - mother to child.

Kylie
07-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Breaking of the immunities link via breast milk - mother to child.

What do you mean?

awake
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Breast milk contains all the mothers immunities. Through the act of breast feeding that protection is passed on to the child. Bottle feeding has slowly replaced that simple act of protection to some degree.

It is hard to say what effect it has on the broader health of a growing child, but something worth noting.

puppetmaster
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
breast feeding is a neccessity,
Vaccines = $$ propaganda by big pharma....

proper nutrition and natural immune support is the key

take your vita D3!

Kylie
07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Breast milk contains all the mothers immunities. Through the act of breast feeding that protection is passed on to the child. Bottle feeding has slowly replaced that simple act of protection to some degree.

It is hard to say what effect it has on the broader health of a growing child, but something worth noting.

Okay, gotcha now. I thought we were agreeing, but needed you to expound on your comment.

I nursed my first child only a week or two(too young and selfish, I was:mad:) but with my second, I nursed until he was 6 mos or so(until he grew teeth:D).

It made a huge difference. My girl was constant ear infections and general sickness, but my boy has been healthy as a horse for 12 years. Maybe one sickness his entire life so far.

Unfortunately, I hadn't known then what I know now or I would never have even had them in a hospital. They wouldn't have SSN's, nor would they have had all those vaccinations. Some, yes. All, nope.

TinCanToNA
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Why doesn't California just make them stop the cemtrail spraying?

What chemtrail spraying?

tropicangela
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
I am as skeptical as anyone about the need for most medical procedures and drugs. But whooping cough is going around. I had it a couple of years ago. I would take the vaccination before going through that again...

remember class, no vaccine is 100% effective. you can take vaccines and still get the diseases plus whatever vaccine damage that might go along with them.

Dr. Tenpenny on Vaccines's Notes
Pertussis Outbreak in California: What You Need to Know
Thursday, 08 July 2010 at 09:07
http://ko-kr.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=398398573343

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Dr. Tenpenny on Vaccines's Notes
Pertussis Outbreak in California: What You Need to Know
Thursday, 08 July 2010 at 09:07
http://ko-kr.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=398398573343

Most vaccines do not give 100% protection. So yes, a small percentage of people can still get it after a vaccination.

Sorry, my quack detector went off with that "Doctor's" article. Trying to downplay the actual disease? Sorry, it's worse and different than a cold. The first two weeks are like a mild cold or flu, but the next 3 months of the "whooping cough" are miserable.

Have you ever had water go down "the wrong pipe"? Where you can't inhale air? Imagine having that happen to you 10 times a day, dwindling down to 1-3 times a day for the last month. Instead of water, it's a mucus like you have never had, more like glue than mucus. And it is gluing your windpipe valve shut, so that you can't inhale. You cough all the air out of your lungs, and when there is no more air, you just heave and turn red, with water pouring out of your eyes and nose (many people then vomit). It's not fun. And it can last for 3 months. Yeah, no other symptoms for most of that time except for the cough attacks, but it's still a bit of a hassle.

LibForestPaul
07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
The recent rash(H1N1?) in cases of whooping cough in California underscores some legal loopholes that experts say are helping the disease to spread. [California Watch]

California is currently one of eleven states that do not require school children to get a booster shot when they enter middle school–the time when their original childhood booster shots tend to wear off.

Public health officials are urging children aged 7 and older to be vaccinated against whooping cough, especially those who spend time around infants. Thus far in 2010, six babies (So is it babies or children, incoherent, on purpose?)have died of whooping cough.

The other loophole (Damn pesky rights)involves the right of California parents to cite personal beliefs as the reason for skipping vaccinations when their children first start kindergarten.

According to medical experts, the system in California is set up so that it is easier for parents to merely check a box indicating no vaccination wanted, than it is to complete the school immunization form that requires a health care clinician to obtain the child’s medical records.

The problem is that states that make it easier to exempt from whooping cough vaccinations see 90 percent more cases than other states. ( I see therefore it must be true)

At the same time, a (single) 2009 study discovered that children who are not vaccinated for whooping cough are 23 times more likely to get it.

Research has shown that parents who cite personal beliefs in exempting children from vaccines are older, wealthier and more educated (No shit...) than parents who vaccinate.

propaganda BS you are cleared for takeoff.

James Madison
07-26-2010, 11:00 PM
The media loves to throw around the word 'epidemic' quite a bit. I guess that's because it conjures up images of Hollywood or literature. Truth is, epidemic simply means that a non-endemic pathological agent has seen a dramatic increase in prevalence within a defined area. Notice that in no way are the words 'lethal', 'fatality', or 'death' used in the previous sentence. That's because an epidemic has nothing to do with an agent's ability to produce a dead phenotype in patients. Unfortunately, because of various entertainment media, the general public will read this type of statement and freak-out.

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Whooping cough fears could close school doors
By: Andrea Koskey
Examiner Staff Writer
August 17, 2010
Students who aren’t vaccinated for whooping cough may have to be held out of school. (Cindy Chew/The Examiner)

Unvaccinated students could be barred from school for at least three weeks if an outbreak of whooping cough occurs, according to city health officials.

Whooping cough is a highly contagious respiratory tract infection, which often resembles a common cold. Cases of whooping cough, or pertussis, are increasing nationally, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The increase in California is so dramatic that the CDC is calling it an epidemic.

“Last year, we had some classrooms where 40 percent of kids were not vaccinated,” said Dr. Susan Fernyak, director of communicable disease control and prevention for the San Francisco Health Department. “If it’s just one or two kids, it’s not a concern, but 40 percent is a lot.”

In San Francisco, 50 cases of the disease have already been reported this year, according to Fernyak, and she expects those numbers to increase seven fold by the end of the year. Last year, only 45 cases were identified.

Dr. Shannon Thyne, medical director of San Francisco General Hospital’s Children’s Health Center, said the reason for the increase is largely because of lack of education about immunization, not necessarily the choice to not get vaccinated.

“It’s more a lack of it being on the radar,” she said. “Many are getting the series of shots as an infant, but when it comes around to getting a booster at 9 years old, it’s not happening.”

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/Whooping-cough-fears-could-close-school-doors-100958964.html#ixzz0wzWerucF

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Whooping cough cases on the rise in the state
Tdap vaccine required for all sixth graders
Published: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:43 AM EDT
TRACI L. WEISENBACH
Tribune Staff Writer

LANSING — Justine Springborn, of Saint Clair, knows what it’s like to lose a child to something that originally seemed not much worse than a cold.

Springborn lost her three-month old son, Collin, in February to pertussis, otherwise known as whooping cough. Collin developed a cough, which worsened to the point where he would turn blue and vomit. However, doctors misdiagnosed the cough as a cold. A week after the coughing started, Collin died, leaving many questions for his distraught mother.

“It’s extremely hard to lose a child, especially when you have no idea how he died, not even from an autopsy,” she said during a conference call Monday hosted by the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) and the Michigan State Medical Society.

To make matters even worse, Collin’s twin, Corbin, developed a cough just days after Collin died.

“It was terrifying not knowing if I was going to lose both of our boys,” she said.

Corbin tested positive for whooping cough, and after four months of being in and out of the hospital, he survived. Springborn said he slept many nights with a special monitor to make sure he didn't stop breathing.

http://www.michigansthumb.com/articles/2010/08/17/news/local_news/doc4c6a737e60a9a308562487.txt

tropicangela
08-19-2010, 06:48 AM
I can't see the rest of the article. Was the baby that died vaccinated?

The Health Dept here tells ppl who get a religious exemption card for vaccines that if an outbreak occurs, the exempted children can't return to school until it passes. *Doesn't make sense to me because even fully vaccinated populations get sick from an outbreak.

Edited: *Doesn't make sense to me

Seraphim
08-19-2010, 07:06 AM
propaganda BS you are cleared for takeoff.

the last one: EDUCATED (parents)...

Goes well with the concept the UN and globalist Angenda 21 fuckers' are starting to push- That educated people as the cause of the worlds problems as they are the ones (per capita) using the most resources (largely oil).

Good propaganda spot. Lol.

Romulus
08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I wish there was some hard data as to those who have been affected - how many were vaccinated vs unvaccinated?

Here's some other info from one camp:
http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/July-2010/Whooping-Cough-Outbreaks-Vaccine-Failures.aspx

NiceGoing
08-19-2010, 09:00 AM
remember class, no vaccine is 100% effective. you can take vaccines and still get the diseases plus whatever vaccine damage that might go along with them.

Bump ;)

See:
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/miller_b1.html

idirtify
08-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Not only has the word “epidemic” been reduced to meaningless proportions lately, but this article seems to absolutely violate its definition. The real meaning is only “when cases of a certain disease in a given human population and during a given period substantially exceed what is ‘expected’” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemic ). Yet when they admit knowing about the 5-year cycle, they admit “expecting” the rise in cases. IOW if it’s a cycle that you know about, it can’t be an “epidemic”.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Whooping Cough Is Now An Epidemic In California = Unsecured border allowing illegals into a country where Whooping Cough was basically eradicated.

Baptist
08-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I wish there was some hard data as to those who have been affected - how many were vaccinated vs unvaccinated?
]

You probably won't see hard data because
1.) It would show that 40-50% of the kids catching wooping cough were vaccinated, showing that vaccines against it don't matter.
2.) Most of the kids/schools are filled with poor Mexicans or illegal aliens who live in houses packed full of humans in unsanitary conditions.

[edit] I just read over a dozen news articles, and they are all propaganda. Why will none of them tell us the % of vaccinated versus unvaccinated cases?

Just as I thought, it's mostly Mexicans.

Infants are typically more vulnerable to the disease, and all of the California deaths this year have been among Latino babies.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/18/san-diego-whooping-cough-cases-continue-rise/

and ROFL

Speaking with NPR, USC pediatrician Harvey Karp, said that not vaccinating children is partly what is fueling the current epidemic and adds that "It's in part because the immunity of people who were immunized earlier has waned."
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/14369

See, roughly 50% are probably vaccinated themselves (give or take 10%). I would be money on it.

Vaccines = fail

Brian4Liberty
08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
I can't see the rest of the article. Was the baby that died vaccinated?

1st vaccination is supposed to be at 2 months, second at 4 months. The story does not say if the baby (3 mo old) had that first one.

Important thing to know: pertussis is bacterial, not a virus. The vaccinations reduce risk by around 80%. They are not a guarantee of immunity. The vaccinations wear off relatively quickly (in 6-10 years?), which is why a lot of middle school and teenagers get the disease.

In the case of these bacterial vaccinations, the key is to have as many people vaccinated as possible, to severely reduce the spread.