PDA

View Full Version : If RP was Prez who would he Pardon?

rp4prez
07-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I've always wondered who RP would pardon if he was president. Any thoughts?

PreDeadMan
07-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm not sure. I would hope Ron Paul would tear down government to nothing and leave office about a year in and there would be no violent monopoly anymore ;)(hey you can dream!)

noxagol
07-20-2010, 08:18 AM
No way to know really. Can only speculate.

ClayTrainor
07-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I think that pardoning all non-violent drug offenders would be one of the first things on his agenda, along with ending the war on drugs.

jmdrake
07-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Ed and Elaine Brown and Wesley Snipes come immediately to mind.

Krugerrand
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Irwin Schiff & Robert Kahre would be my first two.

ClayTrainor
07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Sherry Peel Jackson, for sure!

jmdrake
07-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Sherry Peel Jackson, for sure!

Thanks for bringing her back up! I mentioned her when I passed out copies of America from Freedom to Fascism (along with Obama Deception and Fall of the Republic) at our local MLK day rally last year. Imagine if CFL chapters around the nation did that! On MLK day, set up a table at the major rally in your local city, have videos of speeches from Sherry Jackson and her husband talking, and circulate a petition demanding Obama give her a pardon. Pass out AFFTF (and other videos) while you're at it. And pass out petitions demanding Obama withdraw all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, quit threatening Iran, and end the policy that allows for assassination of American citizens. Of course Obama wouldn't do any of this, but that's not the point. The point would be getting our message out to another audience.

ClayTrainor
07-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for bringing her back up! I mentioned her when I passed out copies of America from Freedom to Fascism (along with Obama Deception and Fall of the Republic) at our local MLK day rally last year. Imagine if CFL chapters around the nation did that! On MLK day, set up a table at the major rally in your local city, have videos of speeches from Sherry Jackson and her husband talking, and circulate a petition demanding Obama give her a pardon. Pass out AFFTF (and other videos) while you're at it. And pass out petitions demanding Obama withdraw all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, quit threatening Iran, and end the policy that allows for assassination of American citizens. Of course Obama wouldn't do any of this, but that's not the point. The point would be getting our message out to another audience.

+1 :)

Political Terror
07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I hope he would pardon all of us for what we would have to do to make him president.:)

Ethek
07-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I think that pardoning all non-violent drug offenders would be one of the first things on his agenda, along with ending the war on drugs.

This

RileyE104
07-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I hope he would pardon all of us for what we would have to do to make him president.:)

I hope it doesn't come to that... :D

erowe1
07-20-2010, 09:48 AM
It would be awesome if he pardoned all income tax protesters and let it be known that he would continue to pardon everyone who didn't pay any income taxes during his presidency.

AdamT
07-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Ed & Elaine Brown for starters.

Philhelm
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
It would be awesome if he pardoned all income tax protesters and let it be known that he would continue to pardon everyone who didn't pay any income taxes during his presidency.

I have thought of who I would pardon if I were the President, and for starters, it would be those who don't pay taxes and those who are in prison for victimless crimes.

constituent
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I believe during 2007 or 2008 he said he would pardon all non-violent drug offenders. There's a tube of it out there somewhere I'm certain.

osan
07-20-2010, 12:02 PM

He should pardon the IRS and the Federal Reserve Bank...

...from existing.

TNforPaul45
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I know 300 million+prisoners tat need to smell the fresh air again. He could start there.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I believe during 2007 or 2008 he said he would pardon all non-violent drug offenders. There's a tube of it out there somewhere I'm certain.

While this is great and all, and I'm not being sarcastic at all when I say that, I thought the President could only pardon Federal level convicts...Most drug convictions are at the State level, and AFAIK all non-violent drug offenders are at State level. I could be wrong, but to my understanding federal drug enforcement focuses on the big traffickers who do violence as an order of business...

johngr
07-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean

johngr
07-20-2010, 12:47 PM
He should pardon the IRS and the Federal Reserve Bank...

Excellent candidates for the prosecution list under the RICO statutes.

johngr
07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
While this is great and all, and I'm not being sarcastic at all when I say that, I thought the President could only pardon Federal level convicts...Most drug convictions are at the State level, and AFAIK all non-violent drug offenders are at State level. I could be wrong, but to my understanding federal drug enforcement focuses on the big traffickers who do violence as an order of business...

It was at the speech he gave in Philadelphia. He was referring (obviously) to those convicted in federal courts. He also mentioned disbanding the CIA in that speech. He'd better be careful about that one or he'd get Kennedyed.

specsaregood
07-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Excellent candidates for the prosecution list under the RICO statutes.

Yes, I think this is a more interesting topic.
"Who would he attempt to prosecute?"

I would be less than surprised if treason charges came about.

jmdrake
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Rich Hamblen deserves a pardon for sure.

YouTube - Richard A. Hamblen Challenges the Feds to Uphold Constitutional Rights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTYyO_8N9M)

speciallyblend
07-20-2010, 01:24 PM
#1 Marc Emery please spread!!!!! Ron Paul 2012, FREE MARC EMERY!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marc-Emery/26372249163?v=wall

‎#1 Marc Emery please spread!!!!! Ron Paul 2012,Liberty Candidates 2010!!! FREE MARC EMERY!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marc-E...2249163?v=wall GET INVOLVED, Register to VOTE!!! STAND UP!!! IF RON PAUL was PREZ who would he pardon ,http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2801375&posted=1#post2801375

RPgrassrootsactivist
07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
This is one of the most important things that Ron could do if he were president, and also one of the most under-discussed. Most of what the DOJ does is taken for granted by the general public, but the Constitution only gives the feds jurisdiction over:

1. Treason

2. Piracy and other felonies on the high seas

3. Counterfeiting

4. Offenses against the law of nations

5. Offenses committed in Washington D.C., or on properties which have been ceded to the jurisdiction of Congress by the state legislature

There is also an implicit common law power of the military to court marshal its own members if they commit an offense during service.

See the discussion by Jon Roland at http://www.constitution.org/jr-meese.htm and also the section on how this correlates with the Commerce Clause at http://www.constitution.org/col/02729_fed-usurp.htm

My only real issue with the first Roland commentary is his reference to the 14th amendment, which was not properly ratified; Tom Woods covers why in his The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History.

So by constitutional standards, Ron should pardon virtually every federal convict. Though I wouldn't recommend saying that during the election cycle; the media and public would go crazy over it. It's something Ron should do once in office.