PDA

View Full Version : TN election official found in trunk of burning car

Matt Collins
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
MADISONVILLE, Tenn. — A Monroe County election official says the chairman of the local election commission has been found dead after his car was discovered burning.

(elections are in 3 weeks)

SOURCE:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100719/NEWS02/100719036/East+TN+election+official+found+in+trunk+of+burnin g+car+

AuH2O
07-19-2010, 12:37 PM
So what did this guy do to you, Collins?

jmdrake
07-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Note: Early voting in Tennessee for the Aug 5 primary started on July 16th.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100719/NEWS02/100719036/East+TN+election+official+found+in+trunk+of+burnin g+car+

East TN election official found in trunk of burning car

ASSOCIATED PRESS • July 19, 2010

MADISONVILLE, Tenn. — A body found in the trunk of a burning car was that of the Monroe County Election Commission chairman, officials said Monday.

James R. Brown, the election administrator for the county, said the body of Jim Miller was discovered by firefighters after they extinguished the blaze on Saturday night.

Sheriff's officials in Madisonville declined to offer details on the investigation. They are awaiting preliminary autopsy results.

An incident report from the sheriff's office said officers on patrol spotted the burning car on a rural road and called firefighters.

Brown said Miller, a Republican, became chairman of the commission in April.

Election commissions across Tennessee have been undergoing membership changes since Republicans gained the majority of seats in the General Assembly. The commissions have been switching to Republican control after years of Democratic majorities.

Early voting began Friday for the Aug. 5 state primary and county general election. There are several county races on the ballot, including sheriff, county mayor, county commission and school board.

Sweetwater attorney John Cleveland released a statement from Miller's family in which Vicki Miller thanked those who had offered her family condolences in the death of her husband.

Matt Collins
07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
So what did this guy do to you, Collins?
I do want to laugh, but it's really not funny :o

TNforPaul45
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
He must have been ready to put a liberty candidate on the ballot and spontaneously burst into flames because of it. Darn GOPers.

pacelli
07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Let me take a guess. Suicide?

Aratus
07-19-2010, 01:04 PM
...or organized crime...
this is not good at all

Anti Federalist
07-19-2010, 03:13 PM

They'll find the body was shot in the back of the head six times.

Matt Collins
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not an expert but I don't know of many suicides where people lock themselves in the back of their own trunks and then somehow setting their car on fire. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not an expert but I don't know of many suicides where people lock themselves in the back of their own trunks and then somehow setting their car on fire. :rolleyes:

Where you been?

That happened a number of times in Mena AK, back in the late 80s.

;)

Rael
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Could this be a hotboxing attempt gone horribly wrong?

RideTheDirt
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Could this be a hotboxing attempt gone horribly wrong?
:eek:

Noob
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Four law-enforcement agencies are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in the trunk of a burning vehicle and who appears to have been Monroe County Election Commission chairman Jim Miller."

"Miller's car was discovered "fully engulfed in flames" on Sands Road around 8 p.m. Saturday by a deputy on patrol, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department. Firefighters from the Christanburg Fire Department discovered the body inside the trunk."

"Besides the sheriff's office, the TBI, the state Bomb and Arson Department and the 10th District Attorney General's Office are investigating the case."

FOX News is also reporting the story today! - Body of Tennessee Election Official Found in Trunk of Burning Car

Moments after the story broke on the Internet - a poster by the name Eugene at the following IP address 24.113.153.166 - posted the following public threat against Fitzpatrick -

"So Huff and Walter have already started their violent revenge that they promised against election and court officials in Monroe County... You have just started a civil war and we WILL destroy you thug birthers. No one will be on your side when they see what murderous thugs you are."

The IP address is not registered to a Eugene. It is registered to someone named "John Smith" in Washington State.

LCDR Walter Fitzpatrick III, who filed an election fraud report with that commissioner's office, as well as Treason charges against Barack Obama in his local court, has since been arrested and arraigned on trumped up charges for attempting to charge Barack Obama with treason. He later charged Monroe County officials with corruption and obstruction of justice.

The news agencies who have attempted to paint Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick supporter Darren Huff, along with a laundry list of "potential terrorists" according to the Southern Poverty Law Center and Obama's Department of Homeland Security, as "crackpot right-wing extremists" - have blood on their hands today.

Locals in Monroe County were beginning to come forward with additional evidence of Monroe County corruption. Under threat and scared, citizens and government whistleblowers were willing to speak only on condition of anonymity and would only come forward if guaranteed protection.

As of this report, it is unclear whether or not Mr. Miller was one of the officials willing to present evidence against local officials and law enforcement in Monroe County. But the timing and circumstances of Mr. Miller's death certainly raises interesting questions.

http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2010/07/monroe-county-republican-election.html

olehounddog
07-20-2010, 05:16 PM
On Manswers last night the ? how to completely get of a body in the shortest time was burn it in the trunk of a car.

Kylie
07-20-2010, 06:24 PM
That is crazy.

james1906
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I do want to laugh, but it's really not funny :o

Matt, did he refuse to shake YOUR hand?

FunkBuddha
07-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Not to pull a Collins but I met the guy on the 4th of July in Ten Mile. He was a close friend of my aunt and uncle.

Bruno
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Not to pull a Collins but I met the guy on the 4th of July in Ten Mile. He was a close friend of my aunt and uncle.

Really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with your aunt and uncle and his family. :(

Matt Collins
07-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Not to pull a Collins but I met the guy on the 4th of July in Ten Mile. He was a close friend of my aunt and uncle.Wow.... so any idea what happened? :confused:

johngr
07-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I think this thread qualifies as a "hot topic".

FunkBuddha
07-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow.... so any idea what happened? :confused:

No idea... From what I can tell he was well liked and well respected in the community. I haven't talked to my aunt about it yet. If I find out any details I'm not going to post it unless it comes out in the media for obvious reasons.

Apparently one of the Sheriff's deputies has been placed on leave. From what I've gathered in the comments on the news articles he had given the guy a citation a few months and possibly some threats were exchanged. That's speculation on my part though.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jul/20/monroe-deputy-suspended-murder-probe-continues/

The place where the car and body were found is out in the sticks. How it got there is anyones guess but it's not really a road that one would use for a shortcut on the way home from Madisonville to Sweetwater where he was traveling from/to unless you were REALLY trying to avoid traffic.

I just moved to Monroe County about a week ago so I don't know a whole lot of people but I do know the area pretty well. I also know that there are a lot of shady dealings that have gone on for decades in the surrounding counties involving sheriff's departments and drug trafficking. Not to say this guy was involved in any of that. I've seen no reason to suggest otherwise.

Aratus
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
ADMIn... SHOULd THIS BE "HOT TOPiCs"...?

LibertyEagle
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Where you been?

That happened a number of times in Mena AK, back in the late 80s.

;)

Very true. I remember.

Bruno
07-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Very true. I remember.

Boys on the tracks?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/723493/posts