PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Senate Poll

Pennsylvania
07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
PA residents, for whom will you be voting and why?

Pennsylvania
07-19-2010, 08:01 AM
I will be voting for Joe Sestak, but I can conceive of a decent reason to vote for Pat Toomey, namely because it might be beneficial to have a Republican controlled congress during a Democratic administration. Hopefully a temporary balance of partisan power would help thwart any Democratic agenda coming down the pipes.

On the other hand, I am still standing by my (long term) position that empty small-government rhetoric is our greatest threat, and should always be punished with the loss of an election. The GOP needs to be treated like a child. If a child refuses to eat his vegetables, you don't let him leave the table until he does.

Pennsylvania
07-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Toomey is leading Sestak 45% to 38%. No surprises here. I don't think I've ever picked the winning side of anything.

ETA: except the Mexico v. France world cup game

dean.engelhardt
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
PA residents, for whom will you be voting and why?

I'll be voting for Doug Jamison (http://www.jamison10.com/).

Sestak appears to be a big war, big government candidate.

Toomey comes off as a big war, limited government candidate. That combination is very dishonest. The US empire will bankrupt this country. When a candidates says he will cut spending while expanding the military oversee, it is a lie.

I don't see a good record of Toomey being pro-individual liberty.

How did Sestak earn your support?

Pennsylvania
07-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I'll be voting for Doug Jamison (http://www.jamison10.com/).

Sestak appears to be a big war, big government candidate.

Toomey comes off as a big war, limited government candidate. That combination is very dishonest. The US empire will bankrupt this country. When a candidates says he will cut spending while expanding the military oversee, it is a lie.

I don't see a good record of Toomey being pro-individual liberty.

How did Sestak earn your support?

I hadn't heard of Doug Jamison. He looks like he has potential, though I think he should expand on his positions a little further on his website.

Sestak didn't earn my support; he certainly doesn't deserve it and I don't consider him any different from Pat Toomey. If I vote for him, it will be entirely strategic. The party difference is relevant though since this strategy is GOP-specific.

dean.engelhardt
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
I hadn't heard of Doug Jamison. He looks like he has potential, though I think he should expand on his positions a little further on his website.

Sestak didn't earn my support; he certainly doesn't deserve it and I don't consider him any different from Pat Toomey. If I vote for him, it will be entirely strategic. The party difference is relevant though since this strategy is GOP-specific.

To tell the truth I had to dig to find Jamison today. My strategy is Sestak and Toomey don't deserve my vote, so it automatically goes to the LP candidate. Its not a winning strategy, but I can sleep at night.

mtj458
07-22-2010, 01:26 PM
If I vote I don't think I'll support either, I'd probably just vote for the LP candidate. The best we can hope for in Washington is gridlock so I'd probably like to see a Republican congress while Obama is president. I think voting is a waste of time for many reasons but I'll probably just vote out of curiosity since I have never voted before.

The Dude
07-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Toomey isn't terrible, he definently isn't ideal on the foreign policy front, but I'd say he's very close to where we are economically. I think if he wins the seat he will be an ally of Rand and hopefully Schiff on economic issues. He ran the Club for Growth.