PDA

View Full Version : US Jews wondering: Will Chelsea Clinton convert?

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Chelsea Clinton who had made some news when her photos emerged campaigning in gay bars of Pen during 08 primaries is back in news again. Would Clinton have conflict of interest while mediating Palestinian-Israel land dispute because of this family connection? Or she can remain objective and does not need to resign from her position as Sec of State?

US Jews wondering: Will Chelsea Clinton convert?

Secretary of state and former president's daughter to marry Jewish banker Mark Mezvinsky in a few weeks. American Jews following preparations and rumors, eager to accept Chelsea into ranks

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 07.15.10, 16:28 / Israel Jewish Scene

WASHINGTON – Many Jewish media outlets in the US have recently been grappling with the question – Will Chelsea Clinton convert for her fiancé? Discussions of this fateful issue are being held as the former first daughter, who is now 30, is about to marry the love of her life, Mark Mezvinsky, at the end of the month.

Jewish news agency JTA and established Jewish newspaper Jewish Week have recently been discussing the possibility that Chelsea may convert, based on assessments that the Mezvinsky family, which belongs to the Conservative movement, will not be able to find a rabbi willing to marry a Jew to a Christian. The Conservative movement discourages intermarriage and forbids its rabbis from officiating at or attending weddings in which one of the partners did not convert.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3920181,00.html

http://www.dubas.com/dubie/albums/Political/ChelseaClinton.jpg

http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/042108chelsea.jpg

http://mandatemedia.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/15/chelsea15.jpg

cindy25
07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
she never has been objective.

but a Chelsea conversion could help her in the 2012 primaries vs Obama

michaelwise
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Jews and Christian families inter-marrying. This is what the daughters of the last 3 presidents are for. They don't need boys. The bloodlines are carried through the mother.
They are breeding the next generation of world rulers.

cindy25
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
it goes back much farther:
Alice Roosevelt married Nicholas Longworth (House speaker)
Lucy Byrd Johnson married Charles Robb (Senator)
Julie Nixon married David Eisenhower
Tricia Nixon married Ed Cox (NY State Rep chairman)

RM918
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM
That sounds rather discriminatory. Not a peep about that, though. I'd say it's curious if I weren't expecting it.

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 09:59 PM
It does sound discriminatory.
Why she has to convert and give up her belief in Christ but he doesn't have to give up his faith and convert to Christianity.

michaelwise
07-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Edward Mezvinsky Father of Marc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Iowa's 1st district
In office
1973–1977
Preceded by Fred Schwengel
Succeeded by Jim Leach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Political party Democratic
Spouse(s) Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky
Religion Jewish[citation needed]

Edward "Ed" Mezvinsky (pronounced /mɛzˈvɪnski/; born January 17, 1937) is a former congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives for two terms, from 1973 to 1977.

[edit] Life and career
Mezvinsky grew up in Ames, Iowa, the son of grocery store owner Abe Mezvinsky. He was an all-state football end and member of the Ames High School state championship basketball and track teams of 1955.[1]

Mezvinsky received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1965.[1] He returned briefly to Iowa to practice law, but quickly began a political career. In 1965, he worked for former Rep. Neal Smith in Washington on lobbyist disclosure and ethics bills.[1] He was elected to the Iowa Legislature in 1968, where he attracted publicity as a consumers' advocate. He lost a 1970 campaign to unseat Republican Congressman Fred Schwengel in Iowa's 1st congressional district by only 765 votes (out of over 120,000 cast). After reapportionment improved his chances, Mezvinsky won a 1972 rematch.[1]

During his first term in Congress, he sat on the House Judiciary Committee and voted for the impeachment of President Richard Nixon for his activities in the Watergate scandal. Although Mezvinsky defeated Davenport businessman Jim Leach in 1974 in the immediate aftermath of the impeachment hearings, Leach defeated him two years later, in 1976.

Six months into his first term in Congress, Mezvinsky separated from his wife of ten years; they were divorced two weeks after his 1974 re-election.[2] During his final term he married Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky, a television journalist.[1] After his 1976 defeat, they relocated to suburban Philadelphia. Together, they raised eleven children, several of whom were adopted.

After serving in Congress, Mezvinsky worked at the United Nations Commission on Human Rights until 1979. Mezvinsky unsuccessfully sought the Democratic nomination for United States Senate from Pennsylvania in 1980, losing to Peter F. Flaherty. He then became chairman of the Pennsylvania Democratic State Committee before making a failed run for state attorney general in 1988. He won the Democratic primary, but lost to Republican Ernie Preate in the general election. He also unsuccessfully sought the Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor in 1990, losing to incumbent Mark Singel.

From 1993 to 1995, Edward Mezvinsky's wife Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky served one term in Congress, and was the party's nominee for lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania in 1998. In 2000, she was running for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate when his business problems forced them to file for bankruptcy and caused her abrupt withdrawal.[1]

Edward Mezvinsky's son, Marc, is engaged to Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former U.S President Bill Clinton and current U.S. Secretary of State and former U.S Senator from New York Hillary Rodham Clinton.[3]

[edit] Criminal activities
Mezvinsky was involved in a series of business transactions that ultimately led to his downfall. Prosecutors later would call him a one-man crime wave.[1] In 2000, after examining his business deals since 1980, prosecutors said that they uncovered elements of fraud in nearly every one.[1]

In March 2001, Mezvinsky was indicted and later pleaded guilty to 31 of 69 charges of bank fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud.[4] Nearly $10 million was involved in the crimes. Shortly after his indictment, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the judge at his trial disallowed a mental illness defense.[1] According to the Bureau of Prison's Inmate Locator, Mezvinsky was released from federal prison on April 11, 2008"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mezvinsky

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Edward Mezvinsky's son, Marc, is engaged to Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former U.S President Bill Clinton and current U.S. Secretary of State and former U.S Senator from New York Hillary Rodham Clinton.[3]

[edit] Criminal activities
Mezvinsky was involved in a series of business transactions that ultimately led to his downfall. Prosecutors later would call him a one-man crime wave.[1] In 2000, after examining his business deals since 1980, prosecutors said that they uncovered elements of fraud in nearly every one.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mezvinsky

Is that reliable source.

WaltM
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Zionist elders not wondering, they know she's already a Zionist.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Ha! Man, the world never changes eh? Powers marrying into each other -- leftover remnant of the Monarchies still alive it seems.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2010, 10:19 PM
It's telling how upset people here get at the speculation that someone could convert to Judaism. Who gives a....

Why she has to convert and give up her belief in Christ but he doesn't have to give up his faith and convert to Christianity.

People convert to different faiths all the time. It's called freedom of religion.

Would Clinton have conflict of interest while mediating Palestinian-Israel land dispute because of this family connection? Or she can remain objective and does not need to resign from her position as Sec of State?

Only in your world would someone resign from a position because their daughter converted to Judaism.

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Who gives a....

People convert to different faiths all the time. It's called freedom of religion.

Main subject of OP is conflict of interest perceptions while mediating betweens arabs-jews.
If she HAS to convert and not him, that would seem discriminatory or sexist.

As to "Who gives a....", OP question is in political realm but how can you say something like that since as a Christian you would know answer to that question already and what it means to give up faith in Christ?

BlackTerrel
07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Main subject of OP is conflict of interest perceptions while mediating betweens arabs-jews.

The subject of if someone should lose their job because their daughter converts to another religion is not an actual subject. No one would actually believe that. Maybe you think Ron Paul should ask for her resignation because her daughter married a Jew?

If she HAS to convert and not him, that would seem discriminatory or sexist.

It's called free will.

ammorris
07-18-2010, 10:38 PM
This is a dumb thread. Also, nipples.

michaelwise
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
It's telling how upset people here get at the speculation that someone could convert to Judaism. Who gives a....

Only in your world would someone resign from a position because their daughter converted to Judaism.Shifting people away from the truth about what is really happening here doesn't work anymore, my wonderful Zionist troll. The positive energy is taking over and people are waking up to what is really going on here. It's the modern version of marrying into power and bloodlines that many people understand about this situation.

specsaregood
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
since as a Christian you would know answer to that question already and what it means to give up faith in Christ?

You get gifts for 8 days in a row instead of just one?

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
The subject of if someone should lose their job because their daughter converts to another religion is not an actual subject.

First of all question was if she should voluntarily resign IF there was conflict of interest perception that could affect her job as a foreign policy executioner, not that she should lose job.

It's called free will.

"Mezvinsky family, which belongs to the Conservative movement, will not be able to find a rabbi willing to marry a Jew to a Christian. The Conservative movement discourages intermarriage and forbids its rabbis from officiating at or attending weddings in which one of the partners did not convert."

This part of OP news report doesn't stir lot of "free will" sentiment you're spreading.

Obama's faith was a subject of discussion in the realm of political debate in US media, this is also an important story with US foreign policy implications.

Liberty Star
07-18-2010, 11:05 PM
You get gifts for 8 days in a row instead of just one?

Exactly lol

TheConstitutionLives
07-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Jews and Christian families inter-marrying. This is what the daughters of the last 3 presidents are for. They don't need boys. The bloodlines are carried through the mother.
They are breeding the next generation of world rulers.

They're creating the new race of Reptilians. Right, Michael? :rolleyes: Get a life, Mr Paranoid.

cindy25
07-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Chelsea converting is her business, but I just wonder what the reaction would be if her husband to be converted to Christianity

michaelwise
07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
They're creating the new race of Reptilians. Right, Michael? :rolleyes: Get a life, Mr Paranoid.HA Ha. You might think that, from the way I speak of these scum, but in the whole great scheme of the universe over time, their lives mean nothing. The elite are meaningless and we should acknowledge that fact. From the Queen, to the Pope, to the Presidents that rule your lives. They can all kiss you know what. Your freedom from them and their ways is the only thing that matters.

The Patriot
07-19-2010, 01:37 AM
This is so cliche, the Clintons marrying into the financial oligopoly. Not very liberal of them. Do you think the populist working class of West Virginia or Kentucky would have voted for Clinton if they knew her daughter married into the financial elite?

The Patriot
07-19-2010, 01:38 AM

and Howard Stern's penis.

devil21
07-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Ive seen it stated many times before that Hillary herself is Jewish by birth and her real name is Hillary Rodomski. It was changed to Rodham to not be obviously Jewish (as many other Jewish people in the public eye do).

Not sure if it's true or not but the assertion is floating around per Google. If it were true then Chelsea is already Jewish and there's no Christian/Jewish union here. It's the same "Jews must only marry Jews" (aka no goyem allowed) tradition continued in the elite structure. Does it make me an anti-semite to state such a thing? lol

osan
07-19-2010, 03:18 AM

itshappening
07-19-2010, 03:47 AM
he just wants to suck those t*ts

who can blame him :)

YumYum
07-19-2010, 06:39 AM
: "Jewish news agency JTA and established Jewish newspaper Jewish Week have recently been discussing the possibility that Chelsea may convert, based on assessments that the Mezvinsky family, which belongs to the Conservative movement, will not be able to find a rabbi willing to marry a Jew to a Christian. The Conservative movement discourages intermarriage and forbids its rabbis from officiating at or attending weddings in which one of the partners did not convert."

This is where I and the orthodox Jews really disagree. My cousin's mother refused to order anything at a restaurant because the food wasn't prepared by a Jew. I made a comment that pissed her off. She had to get therapy after my comment. :p

If he really loves Chelsea he would find a rabbi that would marry them and tell his parents and his family where to go. He would be forgiven. My dad and mom made a compromise. Love conquers all.

BenIsForRon
07-19-2010, 06:53 AM

+1 ... and 2

Slutter McGee
07-19-2010, 07:19 AM
My God. Somebody could convert to another religion? Wait, this religion is Judiaism? And it is the daughter of someone powerful?

Oh my God. The New World Order Reptialian race is at it again. NOOOOO!

Who cares?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

teamrican1
07-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Not sure if it's true or not but the assertion is floating around per Google. If it were true then Chelsea is already Jewish and there's no Christian/Jewish union here. It's the same "Jews must only marry Jews" (aka no goyem allowed) tradition continued in the elite structure. Does it make me an anti-semite to state such a thing? lol

So then how did Hillary get to marry Bill? Or is Bubba a secret Jew too?

charrob
07-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Ive seen it stated many times before that Hillary herself is Jewish by birth and her real name is Hillary Rodomski. It was changed to Rodham to not be obviously Jewish (as many other Jewish people in the public eye do).

same here. I've read many years ago that Hillary's grandmother is yiddish-- so, yes, Chelsea is part jewish.

specsaregood
07-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Because only some jewish groups forbid intermarriage? The vast majority do not. Chelsea just happens to be marrying somebody who's family is in the "conservative" sect.

same here. I've read many years ago that Hillary's grandmother is yiddish-- so, yes, Chelsea is part jewish.
So because you "read many years ago", you immediately conclude that "yes, chelsea is part jewish". Well hell if that is all the evidence one needs. :)

Liberty Star
07-19-2010, 08:35 AM

I stand corrected, you are right. If following CBS news report is factual, not much chance of her getting anything done in Israel-Palestine dispute as US Sec of State. Why couldn't Obama not find someone for SoS position who did not have such predisposition.

Hillary Has Jewish Roots
Will It Affect The New York Senate Vote?

(AP) In New York, where one of every eight voters is Jewish, it certainly won't hurt that First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton can note the Jewish branch on her family tree.

Mrs. Clinton, who is Methodist, "has very fond childhood memories" of the second husband of her grandmother, Max Rosenberg, a Russian-born Jew, said Howard Wolfson, a spokesman for the first lady's Senate exploratory committee.

Wolfson said Thursday that he doesn't "expect it will have an electoral impact, and we don't see it in that context."

Mrs. Clinton's maternal grandmother, Della, married Rosenberg in 1933, seven years after she and Mrs. Clinton's grandfather, Edwin Howell, divorced, according to a weekly Jewish newspaper, The Forward.

They had filed a petition for Max to adopt Della's children, including Mrs. Clinton's mother, Dorothy, but the attempt failed. Max Rosenberg died in Los Angeles in 1984.

Mrs. Clinton angered potential Jewish voters last year by voicing support for a Palestinian state, but has recently told Jewish leaders she considers Jerusalem "the eternal and indivisible capital" of Israel.

She has also said she favors moving the U.S. Embassy for Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The United States has never recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/08/06/politics/main57322.shtml

Unless she has changed her above views, she's a liability to US mideast peace process effort and should be replaced.

erowe1
07-19-2010, 09:00 AM

If she has genuine belief in Christ, then she will neither give up that belief nor publicly deny him. But if she doesn't have any faith other than the kind of faith of someone who goes through religious motions for the sake of daddy's political career, then she might as well stop pretending.

Besides, she doesn't have to do anything. If she wanted to choose not to marry a man who would make conversion a prerequisite of marrying, she could.

erowe1
07-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Do you mean her grandmother is Jewish? Yiddish is a language.

charrob
07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Do you mean her grandmother is Jewish? Yiddish is a language.

i stand corrected...what i read years ago implied Hillary's grandmother is Jewish.

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:10 AM
i stand corrected...what i read years ago implied Hillary's grandmother is Jewish.

Grandmother on her mother or father's side?

charrob
07-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Grandmother on her mother or father's side?

what i read was that it was her grandmother on her mom's side, and that she spoke yiddish.

i guess we can only hope she can be unbiased in her peace talks...

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
what i read was that it was her grandmother on her mom's side, and that she spoke yiddish.

If the bloodline is from her Mother's side she is Jewish. When some Jews have teased me that I'm not Jewish because my mother is a shiksa, I snap back "Tell that to Hitler".

charrob
07-19-2010, 09:26 AM
If the bloodline is from her Mother's side she is Jewish. When some Jews have teased me that I'm not Jewish because my mother is a shiksa, I snap back "Tell that to Hitler".

what's a shiksa?

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
what's a shiksa?

A gentile woman.

specsaregood
07-19-2010, 09:32 AM

I'd rather she be biased in favor of the US.

charrob
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
A gentile woman.

that's interesting...i never knew all this before. It seems like if she just had one grandparent (her grandmom) that was jewish, that she would only be 25% jewish. It's interesting that they would consider her jewish just because of 25%.

i guess the main hope is that Hillary can remain unbiased in any peace negotiations...

charrob
07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
I'd rather she be biased in favor of the US.

specsaregood i agree-- i wish the U.S. would stand clear of all this intervention...

erowe1
07-19-2010, 09:38 AM

However, I believe that, at least as far as the repatriation laws of Israel are concerned, if she's a Christian, then she is not a Jew, regardless of her ancestry.

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:44 AM
that's interesting...i never knew all this before. It seems like if she just had one grandparent (her grandmom) that was jewish, that she would only be 25% jewish. It's interesting that they would consider her jewish just because of 25%.

i guess the main hope is that Hillary can remain unbiased in any peace negotiations...

Any blood from Abraham and Sara is considered precious, and it is verified from the mother, not the father. Any shiksa could claim that a Jew got her pregnant. But today, we have DNA testing, so maybe the guys who make up this stuff will change the rules.

As far as Hilliary being a Jewess, there is an expression in Yiddish: "Gornisht helfin!"

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:51 AM
However, I believe that, at least as far as the repatriation laws of Israel are concerned, if she's a Christian, then she is not a Jew, regardless of her ancestry.

There is a purification that a Jew can go through by attending the synagogue and studying the Torah. It depends what Jews you are referring to. Some Orthodox Jews, like Senator Lieberman, will not except a gentile who converts. Some do. Some Jews don't accept other Jews as Jews. So, there is this big competition among some Jews as to who is more Jewish. Some Jews could care less. I think its crazy.

But yeah, converting to Christianity is a big "No-No". :)

erowe1
07-19-2010, 09:55 AM
There is a purification that a Jew can go through by attending the synagogue and studying the Torah. It depends what Jews you are referring to. Some Orthodox Jews, like Senator Lieberman, will not except a gentile who converts. Some do. Some Jews don't accept other Jews as Jews. So, there is this big competition among some Jews as to who is more Jewish. Some Jews could care less. I think its crazy.

As far as what Jews I'm referring to, it's whichever rabbis' word is accepted by the government of Israel when it judges whether or not someone is certified by them as a Jew, and can thus become a citizen of Israel. I believe that in all circumstances forswearing Christianity is a part of that. You can't be a Jew who believes Jesus is the messiah, no matter how Torah observant you are, and be accepted as a Jew by Israel, unless you lie about it.

YumYum
07-19-2010, 10:34 AM
As far as what Jews I'm referring to, it's whichever rabbis' word is accepted by the government of Israel when it judges whether or not someone is certified by them as a Jew, and can thus become a citizen of Israel. I believe that in all circumstances forswearing Christianity is a part of that. You can't be a Jew who believes Jesus is the messiah, no matter how Torah observant you are, and be accepted as a Jew by Israel, unless you lie about it.

Judaism is not what some people think it is. There are some really kool aspects of it. My father is Jewish and I know an orthodox rabbi who wouldn’t hesitate to help me to convert, since I have the special legal status of being of the seed of Israel.

A dear friend of mine told me “If you have a Jewish neshamah, you will not be at peace with yourself until you return to your people.”

There is a lot of food for thought in that statement.

As far as the government of Israel is concerned, I do believe if you recant being a Christian you can become a citizen. Jews are pretty forgiving to other Jews. But you bring up an interesting point which I would like to explore further.

devil21
07-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Im sure he could have quietly converted if required as a part of their marriage. The "genetic" blood only matters for the mother anyway.

michaelwise
07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
If the so called "JEWS" would just fess up to who they really are, 97% of them don't have a drop of Semitic blood in themselves as proven by DNA studies, none of this would matter.

YouTube - The 13th Tribe of Khazaria (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ArXEOo2iU0)

georgiaboy
07-19-2010, 04:32 PM

Understand. Seems many orthodox religions take issue with 'marrying outside the faith', not just Judaism.

Interestingly, I've heard that Jews who do accept Yeshua as their Messiah call themselves Completed Jews. I think that's cool.

Also, according to traditional Christian theology, if Chelsea truly is a Christian, ie born of the spirit, then no amount of ceremony, Torah memorization, desire on her part, etc., can change her from being a Christian, no matter what anyone says, even her. Of course, knowledge of that is between her and the Lord.

YumYum
07-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Understand. Seems many orthodox religions take issue with 'marrying outside the faith', not just Judaism.

Interestingly, I've heard that Jews who do accept Yeshua as their Messiah call themselves Completed Jews. I think that's cool.

Also, according to traditional Christian theology, if Chelsea truly is a Christian, ie born of the spirit, then no amount of ceremony, Torah memorization, desire on her part, etc., can change her from being a Christian, no matter what anyone says, even her. Of course, knowledge of that is between her and the Lord.

I don't want to derail this thread, but are you an Evangelical Christian? If you are do you think that all Jews will become Christians? I ask this because this is the one thing that is dividing Jews and Christians. Christians and Jews have the same values, but Jews do not want to become Christian.

Liberty Star
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Turns out Chicago Tribune is now pondering the same question:

Will Chelsea Clinton convert? And why no one is wondering if the groom will.

By Lynn Sweeton
July 18, 2010 9:46 AM

Chelsea Clinton is getting married at the end of the month. There is fascination with all things about this wedding in some quarters, especially who will conduct the ceremony and, David Gibson at Politics Daily writes, if she will convert.

Chelsea, a Methodist is marrying Marc Mezvinsky, who is Jewish.

Writes Gibson, "It is telling that nowhere in the speculation among Jews is there any consideration that Marc Mezvinsky might become Christian."

Former President Bill Clinton will be walking his daughter down the aisle and not reprising his wedding role from last week.

On July 10, the ex-president officiated at the wedding of Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Huma Abedin, the longtime personal assistant to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. Weiner is Jewish and Abedin is a Muslim.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/07/will_chelsea_clinton_convert.html

michaelwise
07-19-2010, 10:31 PM
If Our generation could possibly evolve through the actions of one person named Chelsea, with one breakthrough decision, there would be hope.

White Knight
07-20-2010, 12:59 AM

She's ineligible to run in 2012, via the US Constitution's requirements.

White Knight
07-20-2010, 01:00 AM

That's what she gets. She should have thought about that before she dated a non-Christian.

georgiaboy
07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
I don't want to derail this thread, but are you an Evangelical Christian?
I'm a Christian, yes.

If you are do you think that all Jews will become Christians?
No.

YumYum
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm a Christian, yes.

No.

Kool.

erowe1
07-20-2010, 09:41 AM
If the so called "JEWS" would just fess up to who they really are, 97% of them don't have a drop of Semitic blood in themselves as proven by DNA studies, none of this would matter.

I didn't watch your vids. But I highly doubt that there are any DNA studies that prove that. In fact, I think that what DNA studies there have been regarding this question have shown that a significant number of modern Jews (I forget how significant, but much more than 3%) probably have ancestry that extends back to inhabitants of Israel from before the diaspora of A.D. 70, particularly so with those of priestly ancestry (Kohanim, i.e. Cohens).

YumYum
07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I didn't watch your vids. But I highly doubt that there are any DNA studies that prove that. In fact, I think that what DNA studies there have been regarding this question have shown that a significant number of modern Jews (I forget how significant, but much more than 3%) probably have ancestry that extends back to inhabitants of Israel from before the diaspora of A.D. 70, particularly so with those of priestly ancestry (Kohanim, i.e. Cohens).

No, you are wrong. I have as much blood from Abraham as Mel Gibson. That whole DNA thing was a lie; just like the dude in the Concentration Camp who was fed a corned beef sandwich on rye everyday be his future wife. I know Jews with milk white skin and blue eyes. Did Abraham have blue eyes?

acptulsa
07-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Convert from what? Her parents raised her to worship their own power. Seems an easy doctrine to set aside, at least to me. I never found Clintons in Power to be particularly inspiring...

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
No, you are wrong. I have as much blood from Abraham as Mel Gibson. That whole DNA thing was a lie; just like the dude in the Concentration Camp who was fed a corned beef sandwich on rye everyday be his future wife. I know Jews with milk white skin and blue eyes. Did Abraham have blue eyes?The word Jew did 't even exist till about 700AD. The history of Jews from that time are really Ashkenazi Jews and are European, not related by blood to Shem or the tribe of Judah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

erowe1
07-20-2010, 09:55 AM
No, you are wrong. I have as much blood from Abraham as Mel Gibson. That whole DNA thing was a lie; just like the dude in the Concentration Camp who was fed a corned beef sandwich on rye everyday be his future wife. I know Jews with milk white skin and blue eyes. Did Abraham have blue eyes?

Skin and eye color is a tiny part of one's genetics, are are every other superficial physical feature people use to divide one another up into their made up races. A blue eyed blond could very easily have more in common genetically with a dark skinned black person than with another blue eyed blond. If need be I'll dig up some articles about the genetics later. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. There's also a black African tribe with Jewish ancestry that has also supported with DNA evidence to have a genetic connection to the kohanim. The fact that this tribe has characteristic features of other subsaharan Africans and some other Jews have "milk white skin and blue eyes" doesn't mean they don't share that common ancestry. Needless to say, they each have plenty of other genetic stock in their respective backgrounds mixed in. But so do all of us.

erowe1
07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
The word Jew did 't even exist till about 700AD. The history of Jews from that time are really Ashkenazi Jews and are European, not related by blood to Shem or the tribe of Judah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

What are you talking about? You mean the English word Jew? If so, yeah, the English language may not have had use for that word until then. But the Greek ioudaios from which the word Jew is derived goes back to several centuries B.C.

YumYum
07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
There's also a black African tribe with Jewish ancestry that has also supported with DNA evidence to have a genetic connection to the kohanim.

Right. And Jews don't recognize these people as being Jewish. As Natanynahu said: "These Africans will ruin our culture."

Black Jews don't count.

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
What are you talking about? You mean the English word Jew? If so, yeah, the English language may not have had use for that word until then. But the Greek ioudaios from which the word Jew is derived goes back to several centuries B.C.

I understand the concept. I, prefer the name Judeans in English.

They are not Judeans. They are not Semitic.
The word "Semitic" is an adjective derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah

michaelwise
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been pushing this for a long time and got banned from every site on the interwebs doing so. I'm finally starting to have an affect.

Israel's Ultra-Orthodox Rabbis Want To Reject The Diaspora, Threatening To Split World Jewry

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/19/israels-ultra-orthodox-reject-the-diaspora-threatening-to-spli/

"A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. Except when he or she is not.

Just ask Joel Chasnoff, a man who immigrated to Israel, joined the army, fought in Lebanon, then discovered the state didn't consider him Jewish."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/20/israels-ultra-orthodox-ra_n_652578.html#comments

Elwar
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Title is misleading. Should read:

Some people at jewish news agency JTA and some people in established Jewish newspaper Jewish Week wondering: Will Chelsea Clinton convert?

erowe1
07-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Right. And Jews don't recognize these people as being Jewish. As Natanynahu said: "These Africans will ruin our culture."

Black Jews don't count.

That's not what I was talking about in the context of that comment. I was answering your rhetorical question about whether or not Abraham had blue eyes in the context of my earlier response to someone's comment about so-called semitic DNA.

erowe1
07-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I understand the concept. I, prefer the name Judeans in English.

They are not Judeans. They are not Semitic.
The word "Semitic" is an adjective derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah

I prefer the name Judeans as well. But the fact remains that the word "Jew" is of the same derivation. So it's pointless to say that the word "Jew" is of late origin, unless you mean just that particular English word, which is irrelevant.

But who is not Judean? Who is not Semitic? As I said above, I don't buy your claim about DNA. But even if I did, what does DNA have to do with being a Judean or a Semite anyway? Is ethnicity a genetic thing that you just inherit from your parents and can't change? If you wish to go back to the ancient usage of the Greek ioudaios or the Latin iudaius or the Hebrew yehudaya then it was not the case that these words referred to one's DNA in any of our ancient sources, nor did they refer to some pre-modern counterpart of that concept along the lines of some kind of primordialist view of ethnicity as something that is purely inherited from parents and unchangeable. People from any country born to any parents could judaize by adopting the customs of the Judeans. There are plenty of ancient examples of both Judeans and non-Judeans who talked about this phenomenon.

YumYum
07-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Skin and eye color is a tiny part of one's genetics, are are every other superficial physical feature people use to divide one another up into their made up races. A blue eyed blond could very easily have more in common genetically with a dark skinned black person than with another blue eyed blond. If need be I'll dig up some articles about the genetics later. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. There's also a black African tribe with Jewish ancestry that has also supported with DNA evidence to have a genetic connection to the kohanim. The fact that this tribe has characteristic features of other subsaharan Africans and some other Jews have "milk white skin and blue eyes" doesn't mean they don't share that common ancestry. Needless to say, they each have plenty of other genetic stock in their respective backgrounds mixed in. But so do all of us.

I did read about that claim and if you come across any articles pertaining to that please post them. DNA would prove a bond, since all records connecting Jews today with Abraham were destroyed in 70 A.D. But there are Jews today whose ancestors converted to Judaism and had no bloodline from Abraham and Sara, and that is what I mean when stating that they have "blond hair and blue eyes".

libertarian4321
07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
http://www.dubas.com/dubie/albums/Political/ChelseaClinton.jpg

I've never been fond of any of the Clinton's, but I must admit, a thin t-shirt and a cold draft can sway a man's opinion (in the short term, at least).

Er, what was the question I was supposed to be responding to?

Liberty Star
07-21-2010, 10:52 AM

Does the woman behind her look like Madonna?

Krugerrand
07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
I've never been fond of any of the Clinton's, but I must admit, a thin t-shirt and a cold draft can sway a man's opinion (in the short term, at least).

I hear drinking a few cold drafts can also impact one's opinions. :D

TruckinMike
07-21-2010, 11:57 AM

Political Power. For Chelsea, its not about her faith, its about joining the club of power. The only faith Chelsea has - is in herself. And she will make the right decision in her quest for power, she will quietly convert.

In todays political world --- Which child of the elite would have the most political advantages : The Jew, the Christian, the Buddhist, the Muslim, or the atheist?

Chelsea is no dummy.

TMike:eek:

michaelwise
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I prefer the name Judeans as well. But the fact remains that the word "Jew" is of the same derivation. So it's pointless to say that the word "Jew" is of late origin, unless you mean just that particular English word, which is irrelevant.

But who is not Judean? Who is not Semitic? As I said above, I don't buy your claim about DNA. But even if I did, what does DNA have to do with being a Judean or a Semite anyway? Is ethnicity a genetic thing that you just inherit from your parents and can't change? If you wish to go back to the ancient usage of the Greek ioudaios or the Latin iudaius or the Hebrew yehudaya then it was not the case that these words referred to one's DNA in any of our ancient sources, nor did they refer to some pre-modern counterpart of that concept along the lines of some kind of primordialist view of ethnicity as something that is purely inherited from parents and unchangeable. People from any country born to any parents could judaize by adopting the customs of the Judeans. There are plenty of ancient examples of both Judeans and non-Judeans who talked about this phenomenon.If that is the case, we should all convert to Judaism and enjoy the benefits thereof. Jews Rule the world. Don't take my word for it. Watch this.
Defamation: True Stories on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/9102650)

BlackTerrel
07-21-2010, 03:36 PM
If that is the case, we should all convert to Judaism and enjoy the benefits thereof. Jews Rule the world.

Why don't you just convert then. It's a smart career move. Do it and report back to us.

Liberty Star
08-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Interesting video, not understand why they have to spend tax payers money to buy air travel tickets to Poland for thousands of students when they can have them watch genocide evidence/graves right next door in Gaza?

Back to OP subject, mystery solved..sorta:

Rabbi, reverend marry Chelsea Clinton, Jewish boyfriend

Daughter of former president, secretary of state weds longtime boyfriend in lavish, secret ceremony in upstate New York

Associated Press Published: 08.01.10, 09:33

It was high society inside and high security outside as Chelsea Clinton wed her longtime boyfriend at an elegant estate in a Hudson River village where several prominent guests were spotted beforehand, but the husband-and-wife-to-be stayed out of sight. The ceremony was conducted by a rabbi and a reverend as Chelsea Clinton is Methodist and Mezvinsky is Jewish

Opinion

Chelsea and the Jews / Aliza Lavi

Op-ed: Chelsea Clinton’s wedding another symptom of declining US Jewish community
Full story

The road to Astor Courts was blocked off Saturday - neighbors received bottles of wine for their troubles - and the sky above was declared a no-fly zone by federal aviation officials. Police and security guards fanned out around this usually sleepy town.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3927760,00.html