angelatc
07-18-2010, 08:50 PM
He does this every year.

FrankRep
07-18-2010, 08:53 PM
He does this every year.

Yes he does, lol.

Rangel again calls for military draft
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hTZ9OdbSHnQ0PcY8zXXBrh5QW3pwD9GVORD84

Rangel Pushes Draft Legislation Once More
http://www.prisonplanet.com/rangel-pushes-draft-legislation-once-more.html

cindy25
07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
he does it every year, so why not score political points every year against him

Slutter McGee
07-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Two reasons. The first is that his intention isn't for a draft. It is to make a policitical point and a statement. Second, there are no co-sponsors. BS legislation gets presented all the time. Best to ignore it.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

tangent4ronpaul
07-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Not ONE Repug has spoken out against it???? - BAD PAUL, BAD BAD PAUL! :mad:

Better - introduce legislation that says any ASSHOLE that presents such legislation has to go through basic and immediate assignment as a front line infrantry soldier with NO media coverage for at least 2 years and NO special privs!

FUCK YOU RANGEL!

-t

erowe1
07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
he does it every year, so why not score political points every year against him

How much of a score is it to call attention to some bill that some congressman introduced that nobody has heard of, and those who have heard of it already know it's going nowhere? If they tried to make all the Dems guilty by association, for this bill that they're not even sponsoring, and would vote against if it came up for a vote, just because the guy proposing it happens to be a dem, then that would just be handing the argument to the Dems, for their loyal followers in the press to say, "See how desperate the Republicans are that they have to fish for such silly things to falsely tie to their opponents."

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:17 AM
How much of a score is it to call attention to some bill that some congressman introduced that nobody has heard of, and those who have heard of it already know it's going nowhere? If they tried to make all the Dems guilty by association, for this bill that they're not even sponsoring, and would vote against if it came up for a vote, just because the guy proposing it happens to be a dem, then that would just be handing the argument to the Dems, for their loyal followers in the press to say, "See how desperate the Republicans are that they have to fish for such silly things to falsely tie to their opponents."

In the past when he brought it up Bush would always make it clear that he believed in an all voluntary army; in essence repudiating any notion that there would be a draft. Obama on the other, made it clear while campaigning that there would be a mandatory service. Rich kids get to perform a civil service in the islands of the Pacific. Poor kids get to die in Iran.

Political Terror
07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Two reasons. The first is that his intention isn't for a draft. It is to make a policitical point and a statement. Second, there are no co-sponsors. BS legislation gets presented all the time. Best to ignore it.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I wish they would institute a draft in this country.it's one thing to fight wars with people who volunteer to go fight wars. It's a whole other ballgame when you force people to go fight wars.Changes the whole political landscape surrounding the wars.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/PoliticalTerror/random%20stuff/morewar_please.jpg

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I wish they would institute a draft in this country.it's one thing to fight wars with people who volunteer to go fight wars. It's a whole other ballgame when you force people to go fight wars.Changes the whole political landscape surrounding the wars.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/PoliticalTerror/random%20stuff/morewar_please.jpg

Welcome to the board PT!

I agree. But they are not calling it a "draft". They are calling it a mandatory conditional civil service that has been implemented by a higher power, which will serve for the betterment of mankind.

Political Terror
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the board PT!

I agree. But they are not calling it a "draft". They are calling it a mandatory conditional civil service that has been implemented by a higher power, which will serve for the betterment of mankind.

thank you for the welcome to the forum Yum Yum.

I've been in a self-imposed(and wife imposed) political decompression chamber for a little while now. But in lieu of everything That's been going on the last few months even my wife decided it was okay to unleash the beast again.:D

YumYum
07-19-2010, 09:58 AM
thank you for the welcome to the forum Yum Yum.

I've been in a self-imposed(and wife imposed) political decompression chamber for a little while now. But in lieu of everything That's been going on the last few months even my wife decided it was okay to unleash the beast again.:D

Kool!! Just curious, where do you currently stand in our fight for freedom and liberty? I ask because I have changed my views on some important issues since I have been a member on this forum. I fight it, but I think I am turning into a closet anarchist capitalist. :o

Political Terror
07-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Kool!! Just curious, where do you currently stand in our fight for freedom and liberty? I ask because I have changed my views on some important issues since I have been a member on this forum. I fight it, but I think I am turning into a closet anarchist capitalist. :o

Well a little background, in my younger days I was very anti-establishment anti-government some of which I got from my parents/teenage angst.as I got older I ended up drinking some of the political Kool-Aid and ended up voting for George W. Bush two Times:o.about halfway through Bush's second term and started to become very very disillusioned:(.So I ended up campaigning for Ron Paul which was an awesome experience but unfortunately really opened up my eyes to how completely screwed the whole system really is. as soon as McCain got the nomination I knew a Obama a was going to win.so now I've come full circle and back to being anti- establishment and anti-government.both me and my wife and my family have taken huge financial hits from this recession/depression.

So my political views?

As it stands right now I would like my city Council to be the highest form of government that I have to deal with.

but I can feel myself only a couple elections/bailouts or a war away from becoming a full anarchist...... politically not running around the streets destroying other people's property crap.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/PoliticalTerror/ron-paul-sign-400.jpg
picture from my front yard during the Ron Paul campaign:)