PDA

View Full Version : Largest Newspaper in the State, endorses Amash! Momentum is building...

Michigan11
07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20100718/OPINION01/7180429/Michigans-U.S.-House-districts

Detroit Free Press, wrote an editorial endorsement... 16 days before the primary!

3rd District

(Most of Kent and all of Barry and Ionia Counties)

Even before U.S. Rep. Vern Ehlers, R-Grand Rapids, announced his retirement, state Rep. JUSTIN AMASH, R-Kentwood, was running to challenge him. Although just 30, the energetic Amash, a Libertarian-leaning conservative, has in one term in Lansing shown himself to be not just ambitious but an innovative and conscientious lawmaker with a solid grasp of the political process.

An attorney, Amash refuses to vote for any bill he has not read. He will make the best case for Republicans this fall to hold the seat occupied for a quarter century by former President Gerald Ford.

brenden.b
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow!!! That is serious stuff!

Have there been any recent polls from this race?

I am getting anxious for August 3rd.

angelatc
07-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Freep will no doubt endorse the Democrat in the general, but I'll take what I can get. This is awesome!

Dark Aerow
07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
We shouldn't have anything to worry about in the general election though. :)

MRoCkEd
07-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Incredible news!

biles1234
07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
There has no recent public polling on the race.

However, Club for Growth does independent polling and wouldn't endorse a candidate that wasn't in good position for victory. I am sure the Free Press did their research as well. Nobody looks good endorsing a loser.

There is truly a Justin Amash revolution a la Ron Paul going on in Michigan!