PDA

View Full Version : Ask Questions - My new Wisdom Blog

AlexMerced
07-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Here's my first post from my new wisdom blog, if you want post questions in this thread for me to answer (I won't blog about anything super ridiculous).

http://alexmerced.squarespace.com/wisdom/

In order to kickstart my new wisdom blog, I thought I'd start with one of the most fundamental questions people have, what is the meaning of life?

My Answer: The Meaning of Life is the pursuit of the meaning of life, cause as long as your pursuing meaning, your life has meaning.

How often do you set goals for your life an accomplish them 100% the way you expected them? Not very often, and this is the case for all sizable goals, but if you look at what's left behind in the wake of accomplishing that goal you'll the pursuit of that goal was the point in the end.

On the way to accomplishing any goal many things occur:

- build relationships with many individuals

- create ideas and infrastructures to make further pursuits easier

- you accumulate experiences which make you wiser when pursuing other goals

So one may be nihilistic and think if there is no great meaning to pursuing meaning, then why do it, but if you don't set goals in order to fulfill your natural curiosities all the befits of pursuit never come to exist to enrich your life and those of others. Living life is just that, Living, but you must set some sort of path for yourself to move forward.

Bottom Line: In order to feel the meaning of life, one must set goals and pursuit them to their ends, and while those goals may not always be what you imagined appreciate everything you've garnered on the way to getting there, and you will feel meaning.