PDA

View Full Version : New October Myspace Effort - need 2 more organizers

Stealth4
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
We will be re-starting the myspace effort this week to increase donations to Ron Paul's campaign.

Fez2008 who came up with this idea and did all the organization in the 3rd qtr will still be in charge this time around, but is looking for two other dedicated people to help out in organizing this large project. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25151&page=3

1. Fez2008
2. Stealth4
3. _Your Name Here__
4. _Your Name Here2__

For those who missed the 3rd qtr effort, the idea was to contact each of Ron Paul's 65,000 + myspace friends and ask them to donate $20 by the end of the 3rd quarter. The effort was a huge sucess even though we only had 30 volunteers and only contacted about 10-15,000 people. I personally recieved several responses from people telling me they had donated $20, $40, $100 and thanked me for the reminder and the effort. So it is worth the effort.

This new effort is to contact as many of the myspace friends that wernt contacted in the 3rd qtr (40,000 + people).

An announcement looking for 100 volunteers to sign up and email myspacers will occur later. Right now we are looking for 2 more people who are active on the forums, online a decent amount, and have other contacts to take 25 sets of myspace names (~400 a set) and help distribute them. The idea is to make sure we dont overlap names and to get volunteers going as fast as possible. With just fez it is more work to get everything out and it depends when he is online.

If we can contact these 40,000 people before the end of october (with 2 weeks, 400 names per person, and 100 people its doable. Each person only needs to work about 20 min/day on this) we can bump up donations to RP a good bit.

Please respond here if interested in taking 25 sets of myspace friends and helping distribute them and helping those to whom you give the sets.

fez2008
10-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I think Brianh said he can dispatch too.. will wait for his confirmation...

I'll email the files tonight(probably after 11pm est). I'll be working till then.

chinaCat
10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
not that it would be spam, but I figure taking a tactic, or learning something from a myspace spammer could help. There must be something automated that will go through a persons friend list and send them an email. The email can read like a myspace bulliten asking the person to repost as a bulliten then too.

I dont know any "myspace spammers" but I imagine something like this cannot be too hard. I am not offering my time right now, but as the quater closes my semester will be over and give me more free time. So bring this up again towards the close of the quater.

Stealth4
10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
bump still need at least 1 more person to help distribute/organize this

kylejack
10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Idea: Tell them to use a certain Project Code. Just make it up. Then we might be able to ask Jonathan Bydlak later how well that project code is doing.

Stealth4
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Idea: Tell them to use a certain Project Code. Just make it up. Then we might be able to ask Jonathan Bydlak later how well that project code is doing.

That probably would violate campaign law, but nice thought.

iskimtsnow
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
How come the campaign isn't doing this themselves? With 10's of thousands of "friends" on facebook and myspace why isn't a weekly message/fundraiser being sent out? What good is a networking site if you are not networking?

kylejack
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
That probably would violate campaign law, but nice thought.

Negative ghostrider. Project code has no meaning other than a way for the campaign to organize the donations.

Stealth4
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Negative ghostrider. Project code has no meaning other than a way for the campaign to organize the donations.

My thought was that it shows organization between grassroots and the official campaign. I dont understand campaign law so I cant say for sure.

So are you willing to help with this myspace effort kyle?

spivey378
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
How come the campaign isn't doing this themselves? With 10's of thousands of "friends" on facebook and myspace why isn't a weekly message/fundraiser being sent out? What good is a networking site if you are not networking?

very underutilized. especially when it came to get people to register in NY and NH. this could have been huge.

we should def have a link to switch your registration at the bottom of the mass email/message.

BrianH
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I could manage the distribution of 25 sets of 400 names. Probably best though to use one thread here for networking and distribution. i already sent 200 names to one here - to justinc.1089 he says he'll work on them.

So we need to post some suggested letters. I sent something last night to 25 addresses but got no responses yet. It is real drudge work so this thread is vital to keep people's spirits up and pool ideas. Lets go for it!

I also suggest every post on the RonPaul MySpace blog and send them messages encouraging THEM to send out inspiration to their 70,000 friends. Surely that would be very easy for them to do? I can't understand why they aren'd doing it. But at least if you post on their blog new Friends will see you message - like " let's all 70,000 of us chip in (another) $20 to get $1.4 million towards the $12 million fundraising goal this quarter"

And "send your friends a link to this AWESOME new video which has over 300,000 views in 4 days and was the most discussed and highest rated YouTube for two days after it came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA"