PDA

View Full Version : Would Palin running for president help or hurt Ron?

Kregisen
07-17-2010, 02:14 PM
She has a huge foothold in the tea party however much of the tea party today isn't much different than the republican party as a whole.

Would she help or hurt Ron by running? Would she pull votes away from Ron or people like Romney, Huckabee etc more?

The Dude
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
People who support Ron now will do so in every election he runs. There's enough who love Ron and his message that will stick with Ron and vote in the primaries to make him win I think. Plus there's new RP supporters coming around every day. If Palin would run she'd split votes between Mittens, Huck, Gingrich, ect, and make it easier for Ron to pull out ahead.

nate895
07-17-2010, 02:30 PM
This upcoming election is too difficult to predict at this point. I think we need to wait for the debates. Once the tea partiers are reminded of who Ron Paul is, and that he has always been "one of them," so to speak, then we'll be able to see how this whole thing goes down. I expect Ron Paul to win in caucus states should he run under current circumstances, given he has the most dedicated band of supporters and they are much more numerous than the last go around. Also, the one-third of Republicans skeptical of the Afghan conflict will help Paul out a lot this next go around. I expect that number to increase as things get worse over there. I saw one expert claiming that civil war is inevitable in Afghanistan, along with Taliban leaders in the Karzai government. That will lead at least half or more of Republicans to oppose the war, and Ron Paul will be the only consistent conservative in opposition to it.

kahless
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
She would pull the clueless sheep vote away that we need and thus would hurt Ron. I have nothing against Sarah Palin personally but believe she will follow and be used as a puppet for the neocon cause.

The current crop of candidates being pushed seems to be an effort to maintain the statist quo so it does not matter which party wins the presidency.

Isaac Bickerstaff
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
People who support Ron now will do so in every election he runs. There's enough who love Ron and his message that will stick with Ron and vote in the primaries to make him win I think. Plus there's new RP supporters coming around every day. If Palin would run she'd split votes between Mittens, Huck, Gingrich, ect, and make it easier for Ron to pull out ahead.

Especially since the people who fall for her dog and pony show will probably not return to their neo-con ways once she is eliminated unless Huck or Gingrich pull some kind of magic trick.

Captain America
07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
hurt she needs to stay out and endorse Dr. Paul

dr. hfn
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
hurt

Natalie
07-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Hurt.

TC95
07-17-2010, 03:11 PM
hurt she needs to stay out and endorse Dr. Paul