PDA

View Full Version : Neo-Conservatims, Interventionism, Foreign Aggression, Classical Liberal Non-Interven

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I thought I would take the advice of one of our esteemed colleagues, who believes these threads, dedicated to non-interventionism and the containment of taxpayer outlays to the actual defense of the physical United States of America alone, are teeming with interventionist, neo-conservative, war-mongering, Iran-bombing, Israel-bombing, Syria hating, Israel hating pre-emtpivites.

But if you want to quantify and find out, start a poll seeking opinion on who all support US pre-emptive attack on Iraq, Iran,Israel to take out their WMD programs, tax payers funding of Israeli occupation of arab land and you should get some idea.
I hope this poll proves him mistaken!

Agorism
07-17-2010, 11:40 AM
No standing army for the preznit.

Theocrat
07-17-2010, 11:41 AM
[Theocrat waits patiently to vote for DA JOOS!]

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
No standing army for the preznit.

I don't really disagree with you here, I just felt that after 17 specific questions, I should draw the poll to a close... I'll put it in any future poll on the topic of interventionsim...

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 12:00 PM
[Theocrat waits patiently to vote for DA JOOS!]

I think I should have used the negative "do you OPPOSE", instead of, do you support... oh well.

Son of Detroit
07-17-2010, 12:01 PM
You should have made the poll public. Without a doubt there will be some Trololololols who vote for intervention and aggression just to mess with the forum.

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
How can someone support No. 2, and oppose No. 6?

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
You should have made the poll public. Without a doubt there will be some Trololololols who vote for intervention and aggression just to mess with the forum.

Shoot. Yeah, you're right, my bad. I'll make a new one up if you guys care to wait for 10 min...

Agorism
07-17-2010, 12:09 PM
"The use of U.S. force for any purpose other than the literal defense of the U.S.?"

No standing army. Why don't you add that to your poll. We don't want the president making up more imaginary wars and provoking foreign hostilities.

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
How do I allow those trolling to vote on a new poll I'm putting up?

Stary Hickory
07-17-2010, 12:22 PM
See somebody supports the preemptive bombing of Israel and not Iran....I mean if you are going to go all whacko at least do it consistently. There is some Jew hatred round here.

So there is one person here who would nuke Israel right now? I mean really?

Agorism
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
We need an option that the president does not get any powers at all rather than the right to a monopoly on force (the power that leads to all the other stuff like social programs and limitations on freedom of speech and patent and copyright law etc.)

John Taylor
07-17-2010, 12:29 PM
We need an option that the president does not get any powers at all rather than the right to a monopoly on force (the power that leads to all the other stuff like social programs and limitations on freedom of speech and patent and copyright law etc.)

I did, I created a NEW POLL, stop bumping this one. please. Thanks!