PDA

View Full Version : One cop, in argument with his pregnant GF, other cop tases him, both go to jail.

Anti Federalist
07-17-2010, 12:12 AM
File this under, "They Eat Their Own".

Neighborhood fracus has one off-duty cop Tasering another

CNHI News Service

http://cnhinews.com/node/4114

HAVERHILL, Mass. — Two police officers were in court Wednesday following a late-night fracas during which one off-duty officer Tasered the other.

Lawrence Patrolman Daron Fraser, 39, of Raymond, N.H., was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault on a pregnant woman outside her home in Haverhill Tuesday night.

Kingston, N.H., Patrolman Joshua Wallar, 26, of Methuen, Mass., who subdued Fraser with a Taser issued by his department, was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Haverhill Deputy Police Chief Donald Thompson said Wallar is not authorized to use a Taser in Massachusetts. While police are authorized to use Tasers if necessary, "He (Wallar) is not a police officer in Massachusetts. He's a civilian," Thompson pointed out.

Meanwhile, the woman Fraser is accused of assaulting, Odris Severino, 30, said that it was not a case of domestic violence, just a "giant misunderstanding."

Severino, who has a 6-month old child with Fraser and is six weeks pregnant, said she and Fraser had a disagreement and that she didn't want him to leave. So she took his keys.

Severino said the whole situation escalated out of control quickly, until police arrived to sort through the facts.

“Officer Wallar contends his actions were consistent with his call to duty and they were justified given the circumstances he was presented with," his attorney, Thomas Torrisi, said.

Fraser’s attorney had a different view. “It's disturbing to me that Mr. Wallar opened the door of a moving vehicle and Tased my client," Saia Rogers said.

Both cases were continued until Aug. 5.

Information for this story was provided by The Eagle-Tribune in North Andover, Mass.

aravoth
07-17-2010, 12:15 AM
File this under, "They Eat Their Own".

Neighborhood fracus has one off-duty cop Tasering another

CNHI News Service

http://cnhinews.com/node/4114

HAVERHILL, Mass. — Two police officers were in court Wednesday following a late-night fracas during which one off-duty officer Tasered the other.

Lawrence Patrolman Daron Fraser, 39, of Raymond, N.H., was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault on a pregnant woman outside her home in Haverhill Tuesday night.

Kingston, N.H., Patrolman Joshua Wallar, 26, of Methuen, Mass., who subdued Fraser with a Taser issued by his department, was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Haverhill Deputy Police Chief Donald Thompson said Wallar is not authorized to use a Taser in Massachusetts. While police are authorized to use Tasers if necessary, "He (Wallar) is not a police officer in Massachusetts. He's a civilian," Thompson pointed out.

Meanwhile, the woman Fraser is accused of assaulting, Odris Severino, 30, said that it was not a case of domestic violence, just a "giant misunderstanding."

Severino, who has a 6-month old child with Fraser and is six weeks pregnant, said she and Fraser had a disagreement and that she didn't want him to leave. So she took his keys.

Severino said the whole situation escalated out of control quickly, until police arrived to sort through the facts.

“Officer Wallar contends his actions were consistent with his call to duty and they were justified given the circumstances he was presented with," his attorney, Thomas Torrisi, said.

Fraser’s attorney had a different view. “It's disturbing to me that Mr. Wallar opened the door of a moving vehicle and Tased my client," Saia Rogers said.

Both cases were continued until Aug. 5.

Information for this story was provided by The Eagle-Tribune in North Andover, Mass.

rofl, seriously, they are eating each other now.

james1906
07-17-2010, 12:18 AM
*mind is exploding from not knowing who to believe

Anti Federalist
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Fraser with a taser,
When Wallar started to holler,

wtf?

RM918
07-17-2010, 03:11 AM
So, two cops assault each-other - and since each maintains supreme authority over the other, the assaults somehow cause an inverse of reality and justice is actually done.

squarepusher
07-17-2010, 03:26 AM
giant misunderstanding ...

mrsat_98
07-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Fraser with a taser,
When Wallar started to holler,

wtf?

giant misunderstanding ...

Where is the Taser Gun store ? I just might happen to need to arm myself with one of these devices.

tnvoter
07-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Ahahahaha

Liberty Star
07-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Could have been worse, he could have "mistaken" his gun for his taser.