PDA

View Full Version : Will I get out of jury duty if I tell them I am an anarchist?

mediahasyou
07-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I plan on telling the court that I am an anarchist so I don't believe in the government court process. I will say I will not agree with any jury decision to make the guilty person sit in a cage or pay fines to the government because that will not help the victim. I will inform the court that I will nullify all accusations of people committing victimless crimes. Furthermore, I will likely nullify all accusations as a protest against my enslavement called jury duty.

I will suggest that people go to a private arbitration agency to settle their disputes, so they do not indirectly steal money needed to fund the court system and enslave people through jury duty.

FrankRep
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Go to court and vote NOT GUILTY.

:)

michaelwise
07-16-2010, 06:04 PM
They love people who are anarchists. Just tell them you believe in jury nulification.

heavenlyboy34
07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
They love people who are anarchists. Just tell them you believe in jury nulification.

I agree with this. :cool:

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 06:13 PM

^^^That

Get on that jury, tell them you're a red blooded, flag feeding, 100 percent Ameruhkan, ready to do your civic duty.

And if you get placed on jury hearing a case against someone being prosecuted for a victimless crime, hang that jury to Judgment Day.

Think of what you could do for somebody facing prison for pot possession or resisting income taxation.

Number19
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Another, guaranteed, way of getting out of jury duty is to tell the judge you believe in "jury nullification".

edit : I see, now, this has already been mentioned. But it does always work.

Golding
07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
When I was booked for jury duty, I simply rescheduled the date citing work conflicts. I rescheduled to as close to Christmas Eve as I possibly could. On the morning of jury duty, I called in and asked for the status of my jury duty, and they told me that I didn't need to come in and that my obligations were fulfilled. Easiest way out I've ever come across.

Deborah K
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Why would you want to get out of jury duty? It's an opportunity to nullify. Read this:

http://www.fija.org/docs/JG_If_you_are_called_for_Jury_Duty.pdf

Are you aware of Marcy Brooks?

MARCY BROOKS, a resident of Indianapolis, Indiana, found herself at the center of a news storm when, in May of 2000, she was chosen to serve on a jury that declared defendant Whitey Harrell not guilty of failing to pay income taxes. She convinced the jury that the defendant was innocent since he claimed there was no law requiring him to do so and the prosecution gave no evidence proving his guilt. During the trial, the jurors repeatedly asked the court to provide them with a copy of the law that requires citizens of Illinois or any other state to pay income taxes. The judge said the law would be produced in due course but finally backed off saying the jury had all it was going to get. Marcy concluded that Whitey Harrell was a law-abiding citizen and that the IRS and the court were the ones violating the law. Some of the jurors were inclined not to rock the boat and wanted to go along with the government to avoid controversy, but Marcy spoke on behalf of truth and justice even in the face of popular opinion and government intimidation. She convinced the jury to stand on principle, and the rest is history. Her story provides a powerful example of what just one person can do in the face of seemingly overwhelming odds.

low preference guy
07-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Are you aware of Marcy Brooks?

Awesome. When did that happen?

ETA: May 2000. Too bad it didn't spread like wildfire.

Deborah K
07-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Awesome. When did that happen?

ETA: May 2000. Too bad it didn't spread like wildfire.

It's in the documentary America: From Freedom to Fascism. Marcy spoke at the Revolution March. She's a very sweet person.

james1906
07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I wore my Debra Medina shirt, stated that I'm less likely to believe cops because they're in a position of power, and that jury nullification is the reason we have civilian juries.

The defense attorney flat out told me I wasn't getting picked.

LittleLightShining
07-16-2010, 06:35 PM
^^^that

get on that jury, tell them you're a red blooded, flag feeding, 100 percent ameruhkan, ready to do your civic duty.

And if you get placed on jury hearing a case against someone being prosecuted for a victimless crime, hang that jury to judgment day.

Think of what you could do for somebody facing prison for pot possession or resisting income taxation.

this

michaelwise
07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
I personally would do everything I could to get on the jury. One jury member can be more powerful than even the President of the US. That's because of the 7Th Amendment. The decision of one dissenting jury member is final. It doesn't matter if the other 11 jury members are brain dead. Very few people really know what the 7th amendment really means.

7th Amendment:
"In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law."

Here is the explanation everyone can understand. Move the slider if the video doesn't start automatically. Freezing the video at the beginning seems to be a tactic used by Google to get people to avoid watching the video.

Know Your Rights, Use Your Power: X-rated by Politicians, Lawyers, & Judges
Red Beckman Seminar (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5959251658237547562#docid=-8087742032034320420)

Red Beckman - Fully Informed Jury 2.mp4
Red Beckman Seminar (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5959251658237547562#)

YumYum
07-16-2010, 06:41 PM
^^^^I agree! Jury duty is power!!

Deborah K
07-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I wore my Debra Medina shirt, stated that I'm less likely to believe cops because they're in a position of power, and that jury nullification is the reason we have civilian juries.

The defense attorney flat out told me I wasn't getting picked.

Dummy! :p

ClayTrainor
07-16-2010, 06:47 PM
^^^That

Get on that jury, tell them you're a red blooded, flag feeding, 100 percent Ameruhkan, ready to do your civic duty.

And if you get placed on jury hearing a case against someone being prosecuted for a victimless crime, hang that jury to Judgment Day.

Well said!

james1906
07-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Dummy! :p

Dummy? I couldn't trojan horse the jury, I wasn't getting paid! I had a few people come up to me from the jury pool and ask me about nullification.

Deborah K
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Dummy? I couldn't trojan horse the jury, I wasn't getting paid! I had a few people come up to me from the jury pool and ask me about nullification.

Twas a joke. I understand. I like your trojan horse analogy - that's what it takes. Like I've always said: if ya can't beat um, infiltrate!

tremendoustie
07-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I plan on telling the court that I am an anarchist so I don't believe in the government court process. I will say I will not agree with any jury decision to make the guilty person sit in a cage or pay fines to the government because that will not help the victim. I will inform the court that I will nullify all accusations of people committing victimless crimes. Furthermore, I will likely nullify all accusations as a protest against my enslavement called jury duty.

I will suggest that people go to a private arbitration agency to settle their disputes, so they do not indirectly steal money needed to fund the court system and enslave people through jury duty.

No, No, No!! Nullify, man!

You've got a great opportunity to stop these people from ruining the life of some person arrested for a victimless crime.

http://fija.org/

Pericles
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
^^^That

Repeat for emphasis.

RileyE104
07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Seriously.. Don't just get out of jury duty.. This is an opportunity for Jury Nullification.

Unless of course the person actually deserves to be jailed like a rapist or something...

cindy25
07-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Seriously.. Don't just get out of jury duty.. This is an opportunity for Jury Nullification.

Unless of course the person actually deserves to be jailed like a rapist or something...

I agree, so many of those on juries are govt types who get paid anyway.

serve, and vote not guilty (and you will never be called again)

South Park Fan
07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
I concur with everyone else here. Just imagine if you were the defendent for a victimless "crime", and an anarchist openly discussed their political views to get out of being the jury at your trial.

TruckinMike
07-16-2010, 09:28 PM

I third that motion!

TMike

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I concur with everyone else here. Just imagine if you were the defendent for a victimless "crime", and an anarchist openly discussed their political views to get out of being the jury at your trial.

And I've tried to get assigned to a jury.

Played the mild mannered, middle aged schmo role to the "t".

Still got cut.

Maybe they can smell it or something. :D

low preference guy
07-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Still got cut.

Damn...

Hope you get it.

lx43
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM

Still got cut.

lol I was called for jury duty several years ago, I tried my best to get on a federal income tax jury against a business owner here in SC. They wouldn't let me own it. :(

I would have hung that jury from here to kingdom come.

silus
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Will I get out of jury duty if I tell them I am an anarchist?
You'd have better luck telling them you are the antichrist.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Damn...

Hope you get it.

That was about six years ago.

Haven't been contacted since.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
lol i was called for jury duty several years ago, i tried my best to get on a federal income tax jury against a business owner here in sc. They wouldn't let me own it. :(

i would have hung that jury from here to kingdom come.

+1776

low preference guy
That was about six years ago.

Haven't been contacted since.

Maybe you looked eager?

Anti Federalist
You'd have better luck telling them you are the antichrist.

LoLZ :D

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Maybe you looked eager?

I looked something, I'm sure.

low preference guy
07-16-2010, 09:45 PM
I looked something, I'm sure.

Next time... try not to smile. But at the same time, try not to look like you have ulterior motives.

But those two are contradictory. Damn it's hard! This is why they can smell it.

Baptist
07-16-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree with Deb and Wise. I wish I could serve on a jury.

Reason
07-16-2010, 11:37 PM

THIS.

You're an idiot if you pass up an opportunity to help someone like this.

michaelwise
07-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I must be on the list of people not to call. I have never received a request to serve on a jury in my 49 years.

low preference guy
07-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I must be on the list of people not to call. I have never received a request to serve on a jury in my 49 years.

Did you pray for the death of the people who would've called you by any chance?

james1906
07-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Twas a joke. I understand. I like your trojan horse analogy - that's what it takes. Like I've always said: if ya can't beat um, infiltrate!

No worries. Figured you were. I wish I had the resources to fight the battle, but I did what I could at the time.

The pool I was on was for a trespassing case where a couple took their car to a mechanic who worked out of his house. They didn't go into details, but the mechanic pressed trespassing charges against them. I mentioned if their property was on his property there could be a presumed easement. I think I stated I knew too much.

Fredom101
07-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I always just throw away my jury duty notices.
I'm a true anarchist! ;)

michaelwise
07-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Did you pray for the death of the people who would've called you by any chance?No. I have too many other people on my list whose hearts I have to explode.

low preference guy
07-17-2010, 12:29 AM
No. I have too many other people on my list whose hearts I have to explode.

Do you actually believe in God? Or do you say that just for fun?

I guess this is a situation where the answer to the first question will be yes regardless of the truth.

michaelwise
07-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Do you actually believe in God? Or do you say that just for fun?

I guess this is a situation where the answer to the first question will be yes regardless of the truth.The purpose of man is to become as the creator(God) Is.

There are evil forces that need to be controlled or eliminated. Otherwise they contaminate the good guys. Sort of what the force known to most as "Satin and his demons" tried to do.

I believe more along the lines of what this movie tries to explain. Toward the end of the movie the explanation of what you are is given.

Kymatica on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/9124438)

nobody's_hero
07-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Anarchists don't avoid government—they're just the last to die at the hands of a government they don't believe in.

I agree wholeheartedly, in that you should get in on that jury!

rp4prez
07-17-2010, 09:31 AM
One thing about juries is that is the last place in this country where the people really do rule. Get on a jury and you can all by yourself decide if the law that the person is on trial for break is really a good law or not. You can be the sole decenter and have the person walk away. It's a VERY powerful place to be. If you think a law is not in line with the constitution you can absolutely not convict! AWESOME! :)

osan
07-17-2010, 09:44 AM

+1++

Theocrat
07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Watch this movie, first, and then let's see if you still want to get out of jury duty:

YouTube - Twelve Angry Men Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7CBKT0PWFA)

Anti Federalist
07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Awesome movie.

Required "freedom movement" viewing.

Watch this movie, first, and then let's see if you still want to get out of jury duty:

Fox McCloud
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
just mention that because of your beliefs you are bound my libertarian law and that you believe in jury nullification; very very few judges will like that.

Anti Federalist
07-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Off topic, but as long as we're on the subject of talking to judges, I'll take the opportunity to repost this.

More required viewing:

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc)

JeNNiF00F00
07-17-2010, 01:22 PM

ClayTrainor
07-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Such a good movie! There's been remakes, but they don't stack up to the original. I remember watching that in like Grade 3, and thinking about what a hero Henry Fonda's character was.

BuddyRey
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
IMO, if you're an anarchist, you should consider it your moral duty to weigh in on the proceedings as one of the only potential jurors who is guaranteed to rule on the side of justice.

NYgs23
07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Serving on a jury actually allows you to possess political power...unlike voting.

Deborah K
07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
The key to getting on a jury is to act like you don't want to be there.

specialkornflake
07-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Yes, please try to get on the jury!