PDA

View Full Version : How does Rand's first run compare with Ron's first?

Mahkato
07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
I wasn't around when Ron Paul first ran for Congress. How do father and son's campaigns compare (message, grassroots support, etc.)?

low preference guy
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
I wasn't around when Ron Paul first ran for Congress. How do father and son's campaigns compare (message, grassroots support, etc.)?

I think Congressional and Senate races are very different.

specsaregood
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
You might find this article interesting.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15016924

I'm still waiting for Rand to pull one of these off:

Gammage himself learned the hard way not to underestimate Paul, an obstetrician from Brazoria County.

On the morning of the runoff election, Gammage got an early dose of a tactic that, 30 years later, would become known as "swift boating." Gammage says he was jolted out of bed by a radio ad from the Paul campaign that featured a blood-curdling scream.

"The next thing I heard was this sweet girl's little voice saying, 'I hope my daddy and mommy don't vote for Bob Gammage, 'cause he wants to turn the rapists and murders loose to attack us in our beds. I hope my mommy and daddy vote for Ron Paul. He wants to put them in jail where they belong,'" Gammage recalls with a laugh.

Michael P
07-16-2010, 01:48 PM

Ron's first run was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Dark Aerow
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
You might find this article interesting.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15016924

Gammage himself learned the hard way not to underestimate Paul, an obstetrician from Brazoria County.

On the morning of the runoff election, Gammage got an early dose of a tactic that, 30 years later, would become known as "swift boating." Gammage says he was jolted out of bed by a radio ad from the Paul campaign that featured a blood-curdling scream.

"The next thing I heard was this sweet girl's little voice saying, 'I hope my daddy and mommy don't vote for Bob Gammage, 'cause he wants to turn the rapists and murders loose to attack us in our beds. I hope my mommy and daddy vote for Ron Paul. He wants to put them in jail where they belong,'" Gammage recalls with a laugh.

I'm still waiting for Rand to pull one of these off:

LOL, I couldn't see Paul running an ad like that...good stuff.