PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Scientist: "CIA offered me $50 million to lie"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-scientist-cia-offered-me-50m-to-lie-about-nuclear-secrets-2027718.html

I am not sure how reputable the source is but I imagine there is some truth to it.

Bruno
07-16-2010, 01:04 PM
MSM was reporting $5, not $50 yesterday.

Article says 5, not 50

Krugerrand
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
MSM was reporting $5, not $50 yesterday.

Article says 5, not 50

My read on this a couple of days ago: he was paid $5M for whatever thus far ... and offered another $50M to lie.

Elwar
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
The CIA offered me $5 to lie.

I took it, I'm sorry.

Part of the deal is that I can't talk about it.

I bought some ice-cream with it. It was tasty.

Bruno
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
My read on this a couple of days ago: he was paid $5M for whatever thus far ... and offered another $50M to lie.

oh, snap. thanks!

This guy's story is all over the place. Hard to know what is true and what is not.

So, what exactly was he paid or offered to be paid for to lie about?

Krugerrand
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
The CIA offered me $5 to lie.

I took it, I'm sorry.

Part of the deal is that I can't talk about it.

I bought some ice-cream with it. It was tasty.

That's the rub ... you can't really believe anybody in this sort of thing. Yeah, he gets a hero's welcome in Iran. But does anybody really believe that Iran will trust him in a nuclear lab? He'll be watched mighty closely by their intelligence agencies to be sure he wasn't a defector that came back to do some spying.

Elwar
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Just reading a few lines in there makes it unbelievable.

"drugged and taken to the US, where he says Israel was involved in his interrogation"
Obvious muslim propaganda trying to blame Israel.

"Flashing a victory sign, Mr Amiri returned to Tehran International Airport to be greeted by senior officials"
I don't know who started this, but when the "enemy" holds up two fingers in what the rest of the world considers the "peace sign", they are not trying to hold their fingers in the shape of a "V for victory". No matter how much war hawks try to pull this off. People fall for it. They don't speak english and they don't spell Victory with a "V" in their language.

We'll never know what really happened. This is all disinfo hoping we'll believe the cover story.