PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ex Obama voters like Romney.

jmdrake
07-16-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Poll--Obama--Voters--Romney/2010/07/16/id/364849

Poll: Ex-Obama Voters Like Romney
Friday, 16 Jul 2010 09:52 AM
Article Font Size

By: Dan Weil

A new poll from Public Policy Polling shows President Obama trailing Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich in support for the 2012 presidential election.

Ex-Massachusetts Gov. Romney leads by 46 to 43 percent, ex-Arkansas Gov. Huckabee by 47 to 45 percent and ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich by 46 to 45 percent.

Obama is tied with ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at 46 percent. The only potential Republican candidate he leads is lesser-known Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, 44 to 36 percent.

The president’s numbers are the worst ever in Public Policy Polling’s monthly survey.

But the poll respondents didn’t express much enthusiasm for the potential Republican candidates either. Of the five contenders, only Huckabee has more people who view him favorably than unfavorably -- 37 percent to 28 percent.

Romney received a favorable rating from 32 percent of respondents and an unfavorable rating from 33 percent. For Gingrich, the margin was 32 to 42 percent, for Palin it was 37 to 52 percent and for Brewer 17 to 20 percent.

Still, Republicans enjoy a strong advantage over Obama among independent voters. Those respondents favored Romney over the president by 48 to 35 percent, Gingrich by 50 to 39 percent, Huckabee by 46 to 40 percent, Palin by 47 to 42 percent and even Brewer by 38 to 37 percent.

So what should we make of these results?

“Obviously 2012 is a long ways off, and the immediate relevance of these numbers is limited,” Tom Jensen, director of Public Policy Polling, wrote on the firm’s web site.

“It's possible we'll look back on polls like this 28 months from now after Obama's been reelected and laugh. But it's also possible that we'll look back on the summer of 2010 after he's been defeated and see it as the time when his prospects for reelection really took a turn for the worse.”

People are fed up with Obama, so they go for the white republican version of the same thing? :confused:

RM918
07-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Of course they do, he's another slick smooth-talker who's rich and good looking. These people are voting for him because it's a popularity contest, and they want a 'winner'. They don't care about anything else.

sevin
07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Makes sense. Romney is a liberal in disguise.

Fredom101
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Yep, we're fucked. :(

John Taylor
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Makes sense. Romney is a liberal in disguise.

Yes, he is a Keynesian, or at the very best a Friedmanite, but he would be far far more likely to replace Justice Kennedy, Ginsburg, or Justice Scalia, should he retire, with a relatively conservative, or hopefully, a Clarence Thomas type libertarian.

On foreign policy, he'll be the same as Obama, so it's a wash there, and on domestic policy, he'll likely be better, especially concerning judicial appointments.

Just food for thought.

HOLLYWOOD
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Shows you how very stupid/ignorant the Obama voters have been. How come no one has exposed Manchurian Mitt's raiding of corporate America, shaking every nickle out of the companies and pensions, then shipping the businesses and jobs out of the country.

Romney's golden parachutes bribes to buyout then Ben-Ja-Matic assets after the board walks.

RomneyCare is a failure.

The guy has been the great destroyer of the; jobs, businesses, economy, all the while, pocketing the wealth.

jmdrake
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, he is a Keynesian, or at the very best a Friedmanite, but he would be far far more likely to replace Justice Kennedy, Ginsburg, or Justice Scalia, should he retire, with a relatively conservative, or hopefully, a Clarence Thomas type libertarian.

On foreign policy, he'll be the same as Obama, so it's a wash there, and on domestic policy, he'll likely be better, especially concerning judicial appointments.

Just food for thought.

Food for thought? I think the thought makes me want to throw my food up.

I could care less about having another "conservative judge". I want a constitutional judge. Scalia ain't it and Clarence Thomas certainly ain't it. Don't get me wrong, both have had some decent opinions (Scalia's dissent in Hamdi and Thomas' dissent in Kelo) but defenders of the republic they're not. In the Hamdi decision Thomas basically opined the government should be able to take away everybody's rights in the name of "fighting terrorism". :eek: Government says you're a terrorist, you have no rights.

Besides, I really didn't post this as a "Who's better, Obama or Romney" thread. They both suck equally. The important thing going into 2012 is that we need to pick up the "disgruntled Obama" voters to win the primary in 2012. It's disheartening to think they're going to just swing from one media anointed candidate to the other. Maybe they believe they want a "centrist", thought Obama was that, realize that he's not and now they're going to vote for another "centrist"? Do these people not actually look at the issues? :(

dean.engelhardt
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
People are fed up with Obama, so they go for the white republican version of the same thing? :confused:

Spot on. I don't know where the two differ on policy at all.

ChaosControl
07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
You surprised?

They are the people who voted based on looks.

Teaser Rate
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, most voters don’t really have an philosophical approach to solving the world’s problems, for the most part, they want to outsource the “thinking” part to a professional-looking guy who will magically take care of everything.

Since Obama is not doing it right now, the next-best guy is Romney.