PDA

View Full Version : F*** You - Newark Star Ledger.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Miserable fucking pricks, I really do hate this newspaper.

Back in the 80s they were at the forefront of the push to limit or ban commercial fishing off New Jersey. Every day that went by there was another negative story about fishing, and inciting public responses that eventually led to regulations that put me out of business.

Now, almost thirty years later, the rotten bastards are blithely dismissing the fact that the unconstitutional moratorium will put me out of work again.

They justify this stance by what?

The plight of the COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

http://ishikawa.schoolofangry.com/images/Rage1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Rage_face.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dj5ilt.jpg

Obama is right to impose moratorium on risky offshore drilling

Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 5:53 AM

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2010/07/obama_is_right_to_impose_morat.html

After the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and its well began spewing millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, the Obama administration took the logical step:

It virtually shut down deepwater drilling until officials could determine what happened and why, and then develop a plan to make sure it wouldn’t happen again. Any response short of that would have been irresponsible.

But a federal appeals panel failed to see the logic and upheld a judge’s ruling that a moratorium on drilling in waters deeper than 500 feet was “heavy-handed.”

So, the administration has crafted a new moratorium it believes can stand up to legal challenges. It allows some rigs to resume operating if its owners can prove they have adequate plans to quickly shut down an out-of-control well, that blowout preventers have passed rigorous new tests, and that sufficient cleanup resources are on hand.

Oil industry representatives say it would be difficult to meet those conditions quickly, and thousands of jobs could be threatened as rigs leave for less-regulated waters. But 12 weeks of uncontrolled gushing from BP’s well, massive oil slicks and plumes, devastated ecosystems and revelations of lax oversight by government agencies are all good reasons to proceed with caution.

Besides, why are drilling jobs more important than those of fishermen or others who rely on clean Gulf waters?

If a responsible drilling stoppage means some jobs leave the Gulf region, then the costs should be passed along to the responsible party: BP.

Kotin
07-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Dear fuck..

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
+1 for great thread title

osan
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Miserable fucking pricks

Star Ledger is notorious for being shit. NJ is notorious for being shit.

You were a commercial fisherman in NJ? What port?

Anti Federalist
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Star Ledger is notorious for being shit. NJ is notorious for being shit.

You were a commercial fisherman in NJ? What port?

Point Pleasant and Cape May.

runningdiz
07-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Back in the 80s they were at the forefront of the push to limit or ban commercial fishing off New Jersey. Every day that went by there was another negative story about fishing, and inciting public responses that eventually led to regulations that put me out of business.

Now, almost thirty years later, the rotten bastards are blithely dismissing the fact that the unconstitutional moratorium will put me out of work again.

They justify this stance by what?

The plight of the COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

http://ishikawa.schoolofangry.com/images/Rage1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Rage_face.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dj5ilt.jpg

Obama is right to impose moratorium on risky offshore drilling

Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 5:53 AM

http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2010/07/obama_is_right_to_impose_morat.html

After the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and its well began spewing millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, the Obama administration took the logical step:

It virtually shut down deepwater drilling until officials could determine what happened and why, and then develop a plan to make sure it wouldn’t happen again. Any response short of that would have been irresponsible.

But a federal appeals panel failed to see the logic and upheld a judge’s ruling that a moratorium on drilling in waters deeper than 500 feet was “heavy-handed.”

So, the administration has crafted a new moratorium it believes can stand up to legal challenges. It allows some rigs to resume operating if its owners can prove they have adequate plans to quickly shut down an out-of-control well, that blowout preventers have passed rigorous new tests, and that sufficient cleanup resources are on hand.

Oil industry representatives say it would be difficult to meet those conditions quickly, and thousands of jobs could be threatened as rigs leave for less-regulated waters. But 12 weeks of uncontrolled gushing from BP’s well, massive oil slicks and plumes, devastated ecosystems and revelations of lax oversight by government agencies are all good reasons to proceed with caution.

Besides, why are drilling jobs more important than those of fishermen or others who rely on clean Gulf waters?

If a responsible drilling stoppage means some jobs leave the Gulf region, then the costs should be passed along to the responsible party: BP.

I am a little confused. How will a moratorium on off shore oil drilling put a commercial fisherman in NJ out of work? I think I am missing something.

By the way I hate the star ledger to. My parents stopped getting it. It will die soon....

Anti Federalist
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I am a little confused. How will a moratorium on off shore oil drilling put a commercial fisherman in NJ out of work? I think I am missing something.

By the way I hate the star ledger to. My parents stopped getting it. It will die soon....

Maybe in my rage, I wasn't being clear.

I used to be a commercial fisherman, based in NJ for a while, back in the 80s

The Star Ledger at the time, was vehemently anti-commercial fishing, especially it's outdoor writers. Probably still is for all I know, I wouldn't read their swindle sheet if you put a gun to my head, the story I posted was linked through from another site.

I digress...

Their agitation played a large role in efforts that led to increasing restrictions on commercial fishing that led to myself and a lot of other people being put out of work.

Now I am in the offshore oil business, right in the thick of this BP mess as a matter of fact, and here comes the Star Ledger pronouncing that I should be put out of business again by way of an unconstitutional government moratorium.

And one of the reasons that the they use to justify that opinion?

Protection of commercial fishermen.

Miserable, son of a bitching, hypocritical no good sluts...:mad:

t0rnado
07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Miserable, son of a bitching, hypocritical no good sluts...:mad:

Hey, don't insult sluts, man. I know several sluts that can write well.

Kylie
07-15-2010, 11:59 PM

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

:D

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:29 AM

LoL.

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

Double LoL

Monarchist
07-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Dude, it's Newark...

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Dude, it's Newark...

:confused:

coastie
07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey!

I resemble that remark.

You doing anything tonite?:cool:

Dude, it's Newark..

Ummm, yeah, just like it's spelled throughout his post. Oh, wait, I get it. My sarcasm meter is off this morning:p

specsaregood
07-16-2010, 10:01 AM

A couple months ago at a homeshow there was a guy from that particular paper trying to sell me on subscribing to it.

I told him, "I get my news online, I don't need it".

He said, "Oh, but there is lots of stuff you can't get online that are in the paper, like coupons"

I said, "yeah, we find all the coupons we need online, pretty much every place we shop puts their coupons online."

He said, "what about local content?"

I said, "yeah, we can get that online, besides 90% of the stuff inthe paper is just regurgitated AP articles. It really is too bad, you are in a dying industry."

Man, that last line set him off! He got all pissy, said, "that's what you think pal!, thanks a lot for wasting my time, newspapers aren't going away, they are going to get stronger".......I just had to laugh and walk away.....

No real point to that story, but what the hell. They really are a dying industry and they really have themselves to blame for it. Why buy the paper when it is just AP articles?

Chieppa1
07-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Living in NJ, I agree.

georgiaboy
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
AF, maybe you should switch to another career track to avoid the feds intrusion, something like, let's see.

farming? nope
healthcare? nope
manufacturing? nope
real estate? nope
insurance? nope
airlines? nope
telecom? nope

/nvm....

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 12:46 PM
AF, maybe you should switch to another career track to avoid the feds intrusion, something like, let's see.

farming? nope
healthcare? nope
manufacturing? nope
real estate? nope
insurance? nope
airlines? nope
telecom? nope

/nvm....

Yeah, lots of blind ends in this maze.

:mad:

keh10
07-16-2010, 12:55 PM

farming? nope
healthcare? nope
manufacturing? nope
real estate? nope
insurance? nope
airlines? nope
telecom? nope

/nvm....

lol

I think if you want an unregulated industry, you should try to get a job at the federal reserve. Then you'll never get laid off again.

Imperial
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Doesn't the Star Ledger have Paul Mulshine writing for it? He is a pretty good writer and writes articles in favor of our ideas.

Anti Federalist
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
ETA - I admit I haven't seen enough of Mulshine's work to be completely objective here.

I'll retract that until I see more.

Doesn't the Star Ledger have Paul Mulshine writing for it? He is a pretty good writer and writes articles in favor of our ideas.

Paul Mulshine is no friend of liberty.

Paul Mulshine is a nationally syndicated self-described conservative opinion columnist for The Star-Ledger in New Jersey.

Mulshine is notorious for his connection to the outlawing of the drinking game "Beer Pong" in the popular New Jersey beach town of Manasquan, NJ. Manasquan Mayor Richard Dunne named Mulshine's column as the catalyst that led to the ordinance, effectively banning the game from being played outdoors - even on private property.

Paul Mulshine is also a self-described conservative who said of himself "why, as a conservative, I am appalled by the conduct of the people at Fox". Paul Mulshine: article titled "Fox News really isn't conservative". Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J. October 14, 2006.

That's what the Star Ledger does well. Agitate to ban stuff.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Bump since we're telling the MSM to fuck off tonight.

jclay2
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
AF = Awesome and Entertaining posts

Seriously man, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us informed.

F**K U NEWARK STAR LEDGER!

Anti Federalist
07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
AF = Awesome and Entertaining posts

Seriously man, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us informed.

F**K U NEWARK STAR LEDGER!

Thanks, brother, glad you enjoyed. ;)

james1906
07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Bump since we're telling the MSM to fuck off tonight.

Fuck you Frank!

Old Ducker
07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Great thread, AF. I'd never have known.

carlos1215
07-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Newark Star Ledger is owned by the Newhouse family

....same gang of communists that own Cleveland Plain Dealer, Portland Oregonian, New Orleans Times-Picayuune, Parade Magazine and a bunch of smaller newspapers and cable stations

Anti Federalist
07-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Great thread, AF. I'd never have known.

Glad you enjoyed, OD.

I overplayed the time frame a little, it's closer to 20 years than it was to thirty.

I got out of fishing, full time, in 1989.

Fredom101
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Some advice...
Don't read newspapers
Don't click on their websites
Pay NO attention to the mainstream media

You will happier and you will live longer. :)

Old Ducker
07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Glad you enjoyed, OD.

I overplayed the time frame a little, it's closer to 20 years than it was to thirty.

I got out of fishing, full time, in 1989.

Maybe you should get back into it. My ex-wife's first "husband" started out gill netting on the Columbia, and later moved to alaska. When we were still married in the 90's he was pulling down in excess of 100k a yr as the chief engineer of a big seiner in Alaska and paid around 250/mo in child support for his illegitimate son, albeit without a court order. I wish I had been so lucky.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe you should get back into it. My ex-wife's first "husband" started out gill netting on the Columbia, and later moved to alaska. When we were still married in the 90's he was pulling down in excess of 100k a yr as the chief engineer of a big seiner in Alaska and paid around 250/mo in child support for his illegitimate son, albeit without a court order. I wish I had been so lucky.

I'm planning on it.

A quiet, semi - retirement as a gentleman lobsterman. ;)

Had it not been for the Horizon blowout, I'd say I could set you up in the offshore oil industry.

Scratch that now, as the thread suggests, that's a dead end now.

I'll be lucky to hold onto my job.

Old Ducker
07-29-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm planning on it.

A quiet, semi - retirement as a gentleman lobsterman. ;)

Had it not been for the Horizon blowout, I'd say I could set you up in the offshore oil industry.

Scratch that now, as the thread suggests, that's a dead end now.

I'll be lucky to hold onto my job.

A nice gesture but I have my own business. :D

I do love boats though. I'm a past owner *sniff* and maybe a future one of a vintage Chris Craft crusier. Before that, I was sailing a thistle.

Anti Federalist
07-30-2010, 12:20 AM
A nice gesture but I have my own business. :D

I do love boats though. I'm a past owner *sniff* and maybe a future one of a vintage Chris Craft crusier. Before that, I was sailing a thistle.

Oh, neat.

Growing up, the old man used to sell Chris Crafts.

We had a Commander, 23 foot IIRC

I'm looking for one of these, guy down the road has one, but he ain't letting go.

http://www.classicboat.com/pictures/28-skiff-22f-013-9in.jpg

Old Ducker
07-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh, neat.

I'm looking for one of these, guy down the road has one, but he ain't letting go.

Mine:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/_Quack_Addict_/P1010001.jpg

The photo was taken after the marina kicked my ex-brother in law who I'd let llve on it for awhile, hence the ratty flag. He was booted for playing loud music at night. I have some pics after I refinished it in the early 90's but the ex is in all of them so I havent scanned them.

The boat is a 28' 1956 Sedan with Flybridge but is esentially equivalent to the Constellation, which began at 30' at that time. The construction is the same, semi planing hull, all solid plank on frame mahogany and the double planked bottom.

PS: A close examination would reveal that the forward hatch is from an Owens. That was added later as it was an option that didn't exist on this particular boat when it was originally purchased but I can attest it was needed. I tried to locate a replacement when I was working on it.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Al Ristori was one of the NSL columnists whose name I had forgotten.

Danke
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, neat.

Might be a little small for your Walmart Women.

sofia
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Star Ledger is a rag owned by the Zionist Newhouse family...

They also own trenton times, Parade magazine, New Orleans Times-Pocayunne, Portland Oregonian, Cleveland Plain Dealer and a shit load of small cable stations and local newspapers

Anti Federalist
09-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Might be a little small for your Walmart Women.

Silence, you.

I've had my little fun taken from me, what more do you want?

And there's still plenty of room in there, those Sea Skiffs could hold quite a bit.

Long before "G over M is Bad" sets in.

Kylie
09-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh, neat.

One of our boating buddies has a boat like this out on the Mississippi all the time.

CC are good looking and well built boats.

Anti Federalist
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
One of our boating buddies has a boat like this out on the Mississippi all the time.

CC are good looking and well built boats.

Yes they are.

Gonna get my hands on one of these one day also.

http://www.classicboat.com/whomepage.jpg

Danke
09-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes they are.

Gonna get my hands on one of these one day also.

Found the perfect name for it.

http://www.sail-race.com/myc/images/FatChanceRH.jpg

Indy Vidual
09-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Some advice...
Don't read newspapers
Don't click on their websites
Pay NO attention to the mainstream media

You will happier and you will live longer. :)

Nice try Fredom101, but the same crap ends up here @RPF's.

Al Ristori was one of the NSL columnists whose name I had forgotten.

Al Ristori really pissed off this fisherman on May 27, 2005:

IRRESPONSIBLE AL RISTORI AND THE STAR LEDGER!
http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8745