PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire: BUILD A D*** WALL ON THE BORDER!

Cowlesy
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
It is plain that no U.S. administration of any party is going to build a wall along our nation’s southern border. “Can’t be done,” our leaders tell us, shaking their heads in mock despair, while feeling under the desk for the envelopes full of benjamins being passed from cheap-labor lobbyists and race-grievance shills. “Too much border . . . mountainous terrain . . . impossible to patrol . . .”

They are of course lying, but I can’t bring myself to care much any more.

I am in 100% agreement with John Derbyshire in this article.

Read the rest at the link (http://www.takimag.com/article/forget_mexico_lets_wall_off_d.c/)

http://www.takimag.com/article/forget_mexico_lets_wall_off_d.c/

constituent
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
oh hell yea cowlesy!

CasualApathy
07-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Like the one they had seperating eastern and western germany, or the one they have in israel now?

healthpellets
07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Like the one they had seperating eastern and western germany, or the one they have in israel now?

i would want this: a solid concrete wall, at least 5 feet thick buried 20 feet in the ground and rising 20 feet from the ground. electrified on top. that should at least slow them down for a while.

constituent
07-15-2010, 05:35 PM
i would want this: a solid concrete wall, at least 5 feet thick buried 20 feet in the ground and rising 20 feet from the ground. electrified on top. that should at least slow them down for a while.

someone didn't read the article.

glad to know where you stand on that particular issue though.

keep dreaming though...

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-15-2010, 05:36 PM
It's funny how conservatives were so adamant calling for the Berlin Wall to come down, but then not more than 20 years later proudly and loudly call for a new Berlin Wall to be built here in America. How are they that daft?

nunaem
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
How about we stop giving free shit to illegals simply for having a pulse?

Kotin
07-15-2010, 06:00 PM

I dont know about all that..What is this? East Germany?

healthpellets
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
someone didn't read the article.

glad to know where you stand on that particular issue though.

keep dreaming though...

oh, i read it...

mediahasyou
07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/717hn7.jpg

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-15-2010, 06:25 PM
How about something like this:

http://blackmaps.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/great-wall-of-china.jpg

It could be great for border tourism.

Maybe we could build it a few miles inside state borders and put up a bunch of "Trespassers will be shot" signs on the border and rent out sections of the wall to people wanting some live target practice.

constituent
07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
How about something like this:

http://blackmaps.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/great-wall-of-china.jpg

It could be great for border tourism.

Maybe we could build it a few miles inside state borders and put up a bunch of "Trespassers will be shot" signs on the border and rent out sections of the wall to people wanting some live target practice.

I've wondered how customs would handle tubing on the Rio Grande.

http://www.jackiesalinas.com/san_marcos/largetubers.jpg

Which brings me to another idea I had... ;)

KCIndy
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
The simplest thing would just be to shut the gates. If they had not taken the hint from President Taft and moved to agricultural self-sufficiency, the D.C.-ers would soon be reduced to cannibalism. The obsessions with power and status that drive the city would then be turned upside-down, and the phrase “pecking order” would have a whole new meaning. You could not, for example, get much more than a sandwich out of Ruth Bader Ginsburg; but Sonia Sotomayor—Mm, mm, good! The first would be last and the last, first—Barney Frank more sought-after than Nancy Pelosi.

Ha!

I'll refrain from making any Barney Frank jokes.... :rolleyes:

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I've wondered how customs would handle tubing on the Rio Grande.

Which brings me to another idea I had... ;)

Depending on where the wall is located tubing may require a passport.

If we are going to steal in order to build something let's forgo a cheap ass shitty fence and build something with class that says "made in America" :D

Fredom101
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Read the rest at the link (http://www.takimag.com/article/forget_mexico_lets_wall_off_d.c/)

How are you going to pay for this wall?

By stealing more taxpayer money?

Guess we shouldn't even think about going after the root of the problem, long as them mexicans can't get in!

noxagol
07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
If you want the wall built, pony up your own damn cash, I want none of this wall business.

TruckinMike
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
It's funny how conservatives were so adamant calling for the Berlin Wall to come down, but then not more than 20 years later proudly and loudly call for a new Berlin Wall to be built here in America. How are they that daft?

I know that you don't believe the those two walls are in any way politically the same. You are not that stupid. That is a ridiculous comparison.

TMike

Cowlesy
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
If you want the wall built, pony up your own damn cash, I want none of this wall business.

No problem you crazy Statist.

Captain Bryan
07-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Bingo!

Perium
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
No problem you crazy Statist.

You do realize that walls are used not only to keep people out but also to keep people in.

Kregisen
07-15-2010, 11:37 PM
How are you going to pay for this wall?

By stealing more taxpayer money?

Guess we shouldn't even think about going after the root of the problem, long as them mexicans can't get in!

Getting rid of the root means getting rid of every job in America......

They come here primarily for jobs, not necessarily the "free handouts" everyone keeps saying....though that's a secondary reason.

(I work part-time with some illegals)

The Patriot
07-15-2010, 11:53 PM

How about both? ;)

nunaem
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM
How about both? ;)

As long as the barbed wire isn't pointed inward.

Cowlesy
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
//

Dr.3D
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, we could send in Snake Plissken to rescue some poor citizen from the President. LOL

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
building walls to restrict the movement of the poor and better enable their control and subjugation by the powerful few

yep, sounds like liberty! :rolleyes:

WE GOT TO SAVE ARE CUNTRY

Dr.3D
08-10-2010, 10:00 PM
building walls to restrict the movement of the poor and better enable their control and subjugation by the powerful few

Doesn't sound like you read the article.

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Doesn't sound like you read the article.

I'm not commenting on the article, I'm commenting on the attitudes of many in the so-called "liberty" movement.

The article, by the way, is ridiculous and indicative of the fantasy land in which a large portion of right-wing libertarians seem to inhabit. Writing about the effects of something as absurd as building a wall around DC is the political equivalent of an unemployed 42 year old who spends his time writing star trek fan-fiction in his mother's basement.

Dr.3D
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not commenting on the article, I'm commenting on the attitudes of many in the so-called "liberty" movement.
LOL, doesn't look like they read the article either. :D

Cowlesy
08-10-2010, 10:06 PM

WE GOT TO SAVE ARE CUNTRY

bwhaahaha, thank you.

That made my day.

michaelwise
08-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Let's have a question on the IRS form;
Do you want to contribute $3 for the building of a double fence on the border?
The thing would be paid for in no time.

Dr.3D
08-10-2010, 10:37 PM

LOL, wouldn't even that that much to put the fence around Washington D.C.

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:43 PM

hurray, another boondoggle for bechtel

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Why don't people who want a wall on the border just build a wall around their home and never come out again. I think everyone would be happy that way.

michaelwise
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Why don't people who want a wall on the border just build a wall around their home and never come out again. I think everyone would be happy that way.

Good fences make good neighbors. This is a well known truism.

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Good fences make good neighbors. This is a well known truism.

eh, that's more of a saying than a truism (because it isn't really true)

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Actually the saying "Good fences make good neighbors" is kind of true with respect to the southern border fence if you think of the neighbors as the wealthy aristocracy of each country and the border wall would allow them to control their chattel (poor people) and land more easily.

puppetmaster
08-10-2010, 11:22 PM
well if we don't have some kind of border enforcement and stop illegal immigration then we might as well join the one world government camp. The fact that many countries are governed even worse than ours( yes hard to believe) means that we can expect all those folks to come here and change the way things happen here and we will have a lower standard of living. I think I would rather not and that makes me not a true libertarian.....too bad. Doesn't it make you wonder why our trusty government does not want to enforce a border?

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
well if we don't have some kind of border enforcement and stop illegal immigration then we might as well join the one world government camp.

What is the "one world government camp", who is "we" and how does one go about joining it?

The fact that many countries are governed even worse than ours( yes hard to believe) means that we can expect all those folks to come here and change the way things happen here and we will have a lower standard of living.

You make 4 assertions in this sentence. The first three have basically been true since 1800. The fourth has never really been true (as a fact resulting from immigration).

RideTheDirt
08-11-2010, 02:35 AM
can we plz wall of DC instead:D

-C-
08-11-2010, 04:33 AM

Yea...the last attempt at something like this is now a wonder of the world...in China.

Big ass walls fall dude/get climbed over/dug under/broken through/or sailed around/ or flown over/extend rant of actions to undermine wall here. A big ass wall is a really retarded suggestion. I'm not suggesting it cannot be done...but I am suggesting it would be retarded.

And unless you use NG/Army Corp of Engs labor to build it, who the fuck is going to build it? The private sector? lmfao...with what labor? Yea...

Might as well suggest we just pay for it with cartel money and loot/'compensate' the "mexicans' labor to build it.