PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever have this problem

Legend1104
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
There is a difference between a discussion and an argument.
I spoke with a guy on the Phone banking for Schiff today that was just looking for an argument. When I asked him for his support,he asked me who was he for. Naturally I said republican, too which he then said, "No I will not support him. Why would I support the Republican party that put us in this mess? I will never support another republican." The rest of the phone call was him bashing republicans. I tried very politely on a number of occasions to tell him that Mr. Schiff would agree with him. That he was very critical of Bush, going into Iraq, etc., but every time I tried he would cut me off. He wouldn't even listen to me. Then I told him that schiff wants to start paying off the deficit and cut back on taxes and spending (which I don't think he heard). The guy said, "You don't even know what you are talking about. That would be like me paying off a credit card after quiting my job." Then he asked me if I know what was the most of the government spending on? I made the mistake of saying the war (I meant military and defense spending, but I guess I was too rattled and misspoke.) Anyway I tried to correct myself but he would not hear it. Just said something about how uneducated I was and that we could talk again when I educated myself more.

That is the type of person that only is looking for someone to throw their crap on and not actually listen to what I had to say. Sad part is that he probably would have liked Schiff if he actually understood the words that came out of my mouth.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-15-2010, 04:23 PM
let it go and move on. :)

noxagol
07-15-2010, 04:32 PM
When you think it is a lost cause, stop, hang up, and go to the next person. Some people just won't hear anything you have to say and it is wasted time.

aclove
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
And some people are Democrat activists who will work to eat up your time and prevent you from getting another call or two knocked out before you're done for the day. Not saying this guy was, but those people are out there.

Just a thought.

dannno
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
And some people are Democrat activists who will work to eat up your time and prevent you from getting another call or two knocked out before you're done for the day. Not saying this guy was, but those people are out there.

Just a thought.

That's true.. I had a long, long, LOOOONNG conversation with a couple young Obama campaigners one time outside of my house one time :D