PDA

View Full Version : Do you wish you were less introverted? Start here!

SilentBull
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I am constantly trying to get rid of this fear that I've always had of public speaking.

Today, I did something that I never thought I could do, and I actually had fun doing it. I made some calls for PETER SCHIFF!! I just made 50 calls. Out of those 50, I talked to about 20 live people. It was actually fun!! I only stopped cause I have to get back to work.

Seriously, if you wish you were less introverted, this is a great exercise. You will never get rid of your fear until you face it. The more calls I made, the less afraid I was.

I encourage everyone to do this, not only because Peter Schiff needs it, but because it's a good opportunity for you to face your fears.

dannno
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Great job!!

Penn and Teller have a pretty interesting statistic regarding those who are better at public speaking than others.

Koz
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Great job!!

Penn and Teller have a pretty interesting statistic regarding those who are better at public speaking than others.

What's the statistic??

BuddyRey
07-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice!!!

RCA
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
What's the statistic??

seconded

dannno
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
seconded

YouTube - Jeopardy! Think Music, 1960s 1984-1997 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44)

Come on, somebody else on RPF knows the answer :D

ChaosControl
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Introverts > Extroverts.

So no.

Although even as an introvert I don't fear public speaking. I don't really consider that an intro/extro thing but more just a shy or not thing.
But I do hate phones, I never make calls I don't have to. E-mail fine, talking face to face fine, phone no way in hades.

And I had a job doing phone calls before and it only made me hate the things more. So doing it more doesn't necessarily make it easier or less annoying.

angelatc
07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Introverts > Extroverts.

So no.

Although even as an introvert I don't fear public speaking. I don't really consider that an intro/extro thing but more just a shy or not thing.
But I do hate phones, I never make calls I don't have to.

Me too. I literally threw up making calls for the Ron Paul campaign. I did some John Dennis calls, and those were fine though.

Public speaking doesn't bother me one iota. Tell me what to talk about, give me a couple of days to think of something to say, and I'm fine.

Talk to me one-on-one, and you'll probably not even remember me after you walk away. If you do, it's because I said something dumb.