PDA

View Full Version : who the f**k is Jan Brewer

itshappening
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
excuse me but PPP actually polled this no name instead of Ron Paul?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_715.pdf

We need to complain to PPP!

Deborah K
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
She's the governor of AZ.

itshappening
07-15-2010, 01:30 PM
like she's going to run for president

what are PPP playing at?

Elwar
07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
like she's going to run for president

what are PPP playing at?

They're trying to guage people's reactions to the Arizona immigration law.

Basically seeing if she has benefitted politically from her stance on the law.

malkusm
07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
PPP "rotates" the 5th name on their 2012 GOP ballot. I think they always have Romney, Palin, Gingrich, and Huckabee. The 5th name is different for every poll (they do a different state/national poll every two weeks) so that they can gauge support without cluttering the ballot.

Ron Paul has been listed 3 times now I believe since the beginning of the year (polling at 8-10% each time). Gary Johnson was listed once, DeMint once, etc. They even put it up to a vote once where they had Ron AND Rand on the poll (Ron won).

In other words....they aren't biased. They just have a methodology that is somewhat unusual.

Slutter McGee
07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
If Paul beats Huckabee out for 4th in polling, then we can start bitching. Can hardly get mad at PPP for this.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Kregisen
07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Everyone in the republican primary for Arizona governor is dropping out against Brewer.....there's not much of a chance since 60% of republicans will vote for her just because she signed SB1070.

She also supported the state sales tax hike this year by another penny per dollar....it's now up to about 9% with state and city sales tax combined.

There were other reasons why I hate her too, but unfortunately she's getting re-elected withouta fight just because of SB1070.

Acala
07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Everyone in the republican primary for Arizona governor is dropping out against Brewer.....there's not much of a chance since 60% of republicans will vote for her just because she signed SB1070.

She also supported the state sales tax hike this year by another penny per dollar....it's now up to about 9% with state and city sales tax combined.

There were other reasons why I hate her too, but unfortunately she's getting re-elected withouta fight just because of SB1070.

She has been good for the rights of gun owners.

Lucille
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM

Exactly. The woman is not only an idiot and an embarrassment to Arizona, but another big government, big taxing nightmare.

AJ Antimony
07-15-2010, 03:17 PM

Isn't she trailing in polls vs. the Dem?

t0rnado
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Mitt
Romney has the strongest lead 46:43, followed by Mick Huckabee 47:45.

Who the fuck is Mick Huckabee? PPP must be hiring autistic kids again.

libertybrewcity
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I am a little disappointed that PPP didn't poll Ron Paul. They are clearly a liberal tea party hating polling institution.

HOWEVER, there is good news. New poll in Georgia for the Republican primary that didn't poll Ron Paul has 11.9% undecided. I am willing to bet that most of those would have voted Ron Paul if he was a choice.

Thinking now about the*2012*Presidential*Republican*Primary...*for*wh om*
d*you*vote*if*the*candidates*were*Haley*Barbour,*N ewt*Gingrich,*Mike*
abee,*Sarah*Palin,*Tim*Pawlenty*and*Mitt*Romney?
NEWT*GINGRICH
* 29.8%
MIKE*HUCKABEE
* 24.5%
MITT*ROMNEY
* 14.4%
SARAH*PALIN
* 12.0%
HALEYBARBOUR
* 4.7%
TIM*PAWLENTY
* 2.7%
UNDECIDED
* 11.9%*
http://www.magellanstrategies.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Magellan-Georgia-Governor-Republican-Primary-Survey-Topline-Results-070810.pdf

Kregisen
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Isn't she trailing in polls vs. the Dem?

I haven't seen the polls but I highly doubt it....Arizona is still a very conservative state and 70% of Arizonans support SB1070....there's no way a democrat could beat her.