PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Begins Raising Money For President!

Matt Collins
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee raised just over a quarter-million dollars for his political action committee in the second quarter of 2010, maintaining a modest but steady pace of fundraising even as the potential presidential candidate ramped up his donations to candidates running in the midterm elections.

Huckabee’s financial numbers put him behind several other possible 2012 candidates in the fundraising department: former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s PAC raised $866,000 over the same period. Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney have not released updated fundraising information yet. but are expected to exceed Huckabee's total."

Read more: [/URL][URL]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39754.html#ixzz0tlgKfgU8 (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/39754.html#ixzz0tlgKfgU8)

Ekrub
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
What a schmuck.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Mitt split that RINO vote. I honestly feel as if the seeds have been planted for Ron to make a HUGE splash in 2011, and hopefully be our president in 2012 :)

YumYum
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
What a schmuck.

Schmuckabee?:D

ChaosControl
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't think he will run.

Kregisen
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM

:D

Bruno
07-15-2010, 10:36 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=253089

AuH2O
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
This is not nearly as concerning as Palin's PAC bringing in almost $1mil last quarter.

JohnEngland
07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
This is not nearly as concerning as Palin's PAC bringing in almost $1mil last quarter.

I don't think she'll be running. She can't. It would be totally impossible for her to get past the narrative that the media so-effectively created during the 2008 election.

For instance, in 2008, part of the narrative was the she didn't have experience - well, she had more than Obama! But the inexperience tag has stuck.

That, and she resigned as governor. Now I know her resignation made sense and was the right thing to do, but to many (and particularly the media) she'll be seen as a "quitter".

A Sarah Palin primary win in 2012 would ensure four more years of Barry Obama (which may, ironically, be quite good for the liberty movement!).

RM918
07-15-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't think she'll be running. She can't. It would be totally impossible for her to get past the narrative that the media so-effectively created during the 2008 election.

For instance, in 2008, part of the narrative was the she didn't have experience - well, she had more than Obama! But the inexperience tag has stuck.

That, and she resigned as governor. Now I know her resignation made sense and was the right thing to do, but to many (and particularly the media) she'll be seen as a "quitter".

A Sarah Palin primary win in 2012 would ensure four more years of Barry Obama (which may, ironically, be quite good for the liberty movement!).

I can't imagine Sarah being in a debate. She'd topple like a house of cards.

YumYum
07-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I can't imagine Sarah being in a debate. She'd topple like a house of cards.

True. Hillary Clinton would hand Palin her hairpiece.

Stary Hickory
07-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Huckabee will do basically nothing... he is spineless. He will be better than Obama....anything is better than Obama.

t0rnado
07-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Any political ambitions of former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee could be hurt by his role in freeing Maurice Clemmons , the gunman suspected in the execution murders of four police officers in Washington State -- especially since Clemmons would not be the first criminal Huckabee helped to free who later committed murder.

SOURCE: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/mike-huckabee-clemency-freed-maurice-clemmons-washington-cop-shooter-suspect/story?id=9207095

Huckabee pardoned those guys after they discovered jesus in prison. He might pull in the cop killer and federal inmate vote.

mello
07-15-2010, 12:48 PM
If Ron Paul announced that he would run again, how much money do you think his first moneybomb
would pull in? My guess would be 20+ million.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
If Ron Paul announced that he would run again, how much money do you think his first moneybomb
would pull in? My guess would be 20+ million.

I think it would be a major success but I would not expect anywhere near 20 million. While I think his poll numbers would be much better this time around, the money to go around is just not the same as it was during the last election cycle. I would predict that the amount of donors would be higher but that overall amount raised would be in the neighborhood of the November 5th moneybomb which in my eyes would be one hell of start.

jkr
07-15-2010, 01:57 PM
can i send NEGAGTIVE dollars???

Stary Hickory
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
If he wins I hope he plays his banjo for us

lynnf
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
can i send NEGAGTIVE dollars???

have a black Ninja suit and burglar tools? or alternatively, a keyboard, computer, and some good hacking programs?

that's about the only way to do that.

lynn

MozoVote
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
If there's no Liberty candidate to vote for (N.C. has a rather late primary - in May) I would actually consider voting for Sarah Palin over Huckabee or Romney. She may be a flake, but does at least has some sense of the public's displeasure with the old school GOP.

ClayTrainor
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
If there's no Liberty candidate to vote for (N.C. has a rather late primary - in May) I would actually consider voting for Sarah Palin over Huckabee or Romney. She may be a flake, but does at least has some sense of the public's displeasure with the old school GOP.

lol... The douche or the turd sandwich? :p

http://thefreshscent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/douche_and_turdsandwich.jpg

Matt Collins
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Exactly. That's her only redeeming quality, she isn't liked by the establishment.

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Huckleberry & his Campaign Financier, Kenny Boy Copeland Ministries
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/02/08/image3811224g.jpg

lol... The douche or the turd sandwich? :p

http://thefreshscent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/douche_and_turdsandwich.jpg

libertybrewcity
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I can absolutely 100 percent will bet that he will run in 2012. He won Iowa! That right there is enough momentum to put him in front runner position. He has the name recognition AND the evangelicals go nuts over this guy. You had people switching over from the democrats to vote for him just because he was a pastor or whatever.

The only thing stopping him is that recent scandal that he let some murderers go or something. I wasn't following it but that could hurt him.

Let's just hope the liberty vote isn't split between Gary J and RP.

TruckinMike
07-16-2010, 07:51 AM

The only "sense" sarah palin has is to not appear like the heard in the GOP. She is one of them. IMO

And Remember - she heartily endorsed Slick Rick Perry the transnationalist wannabe king for Texas Governor against Deborah Medina - Tea Party Candidate.

TMike

brandon
07-16-2010, 08:25 AM
misleading thread title is misleading.

u waste my time collins

jmdrake
07-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Exactly. That's her only redeeming quality, she isn't liked by the establishment.

So that's why she got hired by Faux News? :rolleyes: The only reason the "establishment" doesn't like Palin is because she gives the left fodder by saying embarrassingly stupid things. Even Phil Valentine, the guy that introduced her in Nashville, said she's not nearly as smart as Ron Paul. (I wish I had saved that clip). Once Phil and "Johnny B" were reading a passage from her book and they noted how she kept going from present tense to past tense. In the same breath fill chided the "liberal media" for "trying to make Palin look dumb", but then he was slapping her down on the sly by pointing out a high school level English composition mistake. (I wish I had saved that clip too.) It's funny, but when Chuck Norris was on Alex Jones he was saying that the "establishment didn't like Huckabee" and that's why the "establishment" was trying to attack Huckabee over the furlow scandal. (AJ kind of went along with Chuck, but AJ has a habit of not attacking guests on his show if he personally likes them even if they say something ridiculous).

Anyway, here's the takeaway point. Mike Huckabee is a likely contender for 2012. I've been saying that for over a year. Anyone who thinks he's not is just kidding themselves. And furthermore Huckabee being in the race is good for us. He won't just take away votes from Romney he will take away votes from Sarah Palin. He had a lock on the evangelical vote in 2008, and while some of these voters now support Palin, he'll be able to get many of them back just by entering the race. Also if things go "negative" during the primary, Huckabee can destroy Palin among evangelicals by pointing out that she appointed a member of Planned Parenthood to the Alaska judiciary. If Palin tries to spin it and say "I had no other choice", he can point out that she did have another choice (rejecting the nominee and waiting for the panel to send her someone acceptable) and claim she has weak leadership skills. Some Palin supporters will buy it, some won't, but the bottom line is I expect a fight from those two and the more they bloody each other the better off we are.

brenden.b
07-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Anyone remember how Huckabee flawnted his union endorsement in 2008? Yeah, that should be great ammo against him in 2012 now that the majority of conservatives are absolutely fed up with Big Labor.

angelatc
07-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee raised just over a quarter-million dollars for his political action committee in the second quarter of 2010, maintaining a modest but steady pace of fundraising even as the potential presidential candidate ramped up his donations to candidates running in the midterm elections.

H

That is an entirely misleading title. If Huckabee decides to run, his PAC can't contribute any more to his campaign than any other PAC.

low preference guy
07-16-2010, 09:02 AM
That is an entirely misleading title. If Huckabee decides to run, his PAC can't contribute any more to his campaign than any other PAC.

Agree. Can MODS ban this guy?

sailingaway
07-16-2010, 09:05 AM

And last time I compared numbers side by side when Palin had a huge fundraising quarter, C4L was outraising her pac easily, and regularly, but wasn't being reported. If Ron runs, funding is not going to be the issue.

angelatc
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
And last time I compared numbers side by side when Palin had a huge fundraising quarter, C4L was outraising her pac easily, and regularly, but wasn't being reported. If Ron runs, funding is not going to be the issue.

C4L isn't a PAC.

Slutter McGee
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I genuinely like Huckabee as a person. And he has been very respectful of Ron Paul. That being said, he scares the hell out of me. I would almost rather have a big government Republican than Romney, than a theocracy loving man like Huckabee.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

jmdrake
07-16-2010, 09:26 AM

1) The donor list Huckabee is building is at least as important for a presidential run as the donations themselves.

2) Even before the Citizens United ruling, PACs could make "independent expenditures" that would actually go a long way to helping and individual candidate.

3) Being able to "spread money around" to different campaigns means Huck can "win friends and influence people" through his PAC. A "my PAC donates to your campaign, you endorse me for president" sort of thing.

4) The [i]Citizen's United[/b] ruling changes the ballgame on PACs.

malkusm
07-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Huckleberry & his Campaign Financier, Kenny Boy Copeland Ministries
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/02/08/image3811224g.jpg

"God has created Israel and He is acting to support it. It is a magnificent thing that we should support our government as long as it supports Israel." -Ken Copeland

sailingaway
07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
C4L isn't a PAC.

I know. I was just speaking of donations as a measure of support for ideas --- and for a candidate.

Matt Collins
07-16-2010, 10:03 AM
1) The donor list Huckabee is building is at least as important for a presidential run as the donations themselves.

2) Even before the Citizens United ruling, PACs could make "independent expenditures" that would actually go a long way to helping and individual candidate.

3) Being able to "spread money around" to different campaigns means Huck can "win friends and influence people" through his PAC. A "my PAC donates to your campaign, you endorse me for president" sort of thing.

4) The [i]Citizen's United[/b] ruling changes the ballgame on PACs.
Exactly.

This tells everyone that Huck is (re)building an infrastructure, organization, and boots on the ground for his 2012 run. Everyone has a PAC, Sarah, Newt, Mitt, even Ron.

Matt Collins
07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
So that's why she got hired by Faux News? :rolleyes: The establishment GOP didn't like her, nor did they like Huckabee.

Anyway, here's the takeaway point. Mike Huckabee is a likely contender for 2012. I've been saying that for over a year. Anyone who thinks he's not is just kidding themselves. And furthermore Huckabee being in the race is good for us. He won't just take away votes from Romney he will take away votes from Sarah Palin. He had a lock on the evangelical vote in 2008, and while some of these voters now support Palin, he'll be able to get many of them back just by entering the race. How well did that work in 2008?

Also if things go "negative" during the primary, Huckabee can destroy Palin among evangelicals by pointing out that she appointed a member of Planned Parenthood to the Alaska judiciary.That may not have as big of an effect as you think it might. But that's not foreseeable at the moment.

Some Palin supporters will buy it, some won't, but the bottom line is I expect a fight from those two and the more they bloody each other the better off we are.I think you underestimate the rampant ignorance, apathy, and cult of personality that exists.

itshappening
07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Kristol likes Palin though because she's an israel firster and supports war

jmdrake
07-16-2010, 10:55 AM
The establishment GOP didn't like her, nor did they like Huckabee.

You were replying to someone who said they would vote for Palin over candidates like Huckabee or Romney. If Huckabee isn't liked by the establishment GOP either and both he and Palin suck on the issues (and they do) then what's the difference? :confused:

How well did that work in 2008?

Oh that worked fine. In the early days of the campaign people were winning states with 30% of the vote. That's also the number of republicans who were against the Iraq war. If we had solidly reached those 30% and added a few independents we would have won Iowa, New Hampshire and other early states. Instead, for some odd reason, the campaign decided to go after the Tom Tancredo voters with its anti immigration ad. Also we didn't start serious phone banking until way late in the game.

That may not have as big of an effect as you think it might. But that's not foreseeable at the moment.

I think it will balance out any voters Huckabee might lose over the furlow issue.

I think you underestimate the rampant ignorance, apathy, and cult of personality that exists.

I'm not underestimating that at all. I just don't think that is unique to Palin supporters. ;) Hucks army is still out there.

AlterEgo
07-20-2010, 10:18 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%202008%20IV/n835874687_170899_6657.jpg

djdellisanti4
07-20-2010, 10:22 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%202008%20IV/n835874687_170899_6657.jpg

Awesome!

This maybe a naive question, but how much money does Ron have right now?