PDA

View Full Version : Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law

..PAUL4PRES..
07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
The Republican gubernatorial candidate said Wednesday that Michigan is the lead state backing Arizona in federal court. Michigan is joined by Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Virginia, as well as the Northern Mariana Islands.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100714/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_states#mwpphu-container

CoreyBowen999
07-14-2010, 06:28 PM
huzzah for the islands!

nobody's_hero
07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Why on earth would people on very small islands care anything about immigra—oh, okay.

..PAUL4PRES..
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Why on earth would people on very small islands care anything about immigra—oh, okay.

They might tip over if they get to crowded remember.........:)

YumYum
07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
"President Barack Obama's administration recently filed suit to block it, saying 'immigration is a federal issue.' "

So is murder. Arizona needs to stop arresting people who commit murder. Let the Feds deal with it.

nobody's_hero
They might tip over if they get to crowded remember.........:)

I've heard that it happens from time to time. :p

libertybrewcity
sweet. im sure there will be more to come!

LibertyWorker
07-14-2010, 06:47 PM
sweet.....next time I order a salad at a restaurant and the bill comes to 50 dollars. I'll be sure to divide that bill up amongst the nine states and send it to them.

nobody's_hero
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
sweet.....next time I order a salad at a restaurant and the bill comes to 50 dollars. I'll be sure to divide that bill up amongst the nine states and send it to them.

Or you could move to a state where a salad costs $0.02 and you get paid $0.04/hour—but $0.03 of that $0.04 is redistributed to cover welfare benefits of the person who makes $0.000001/hour just to make your $0.02 salad. ;)

Or grow your own salad, if you find the process to be cheaper for self-consumption. You could even sell off the excess, if you think it is possible to compete with someone who works for $0.000001/hour.

DISCLAIMER: I am wholeheartedly in favor of competition to see if this system would work or not. I feel that at this point, everything (pro- or anti- open borders legal/illegal immigration, and what-not) is purely theory, until it has been proven fact in practice.

Perium
07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
"President Barack Obama's administration recently filed suit to block it, saying 'immigration is a federal issue.' "

So is murder. Arizona needs to stop arresting people who commit murder. Let the Feds deal with it.

Only murder on federal land is a federal offence, murders on other property is the responsibility of the state.

South Park Fan
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Immigration is not mentioned in the Constitution, thus via the 10th Amendment regulating it is a power of the states. As much as I don't like the Arizona law, they're using the wrong argument against it. The only semi-constitutionally sound way would be to use the supposed incorporation doctrine of the 14th Amendment to apply the 4th Amendment to the states, although it is dubious as to whether said incorporation doctrine even exists. Either way, I hope Arizona wins just to piss off the feds.

james1906
07-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Only murder on federal land is a federal offence, murders on other property is the responsibility of the state.

Then Arpaio can sit back and eat a donut while a bank gets robbed.